“Superb hotel.”

Ranked #145 of 1,069 Hotels in London
United Kingdom
“Superb hotel.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Everyone is warm and welcoming here. Rooms are individual, stylish, spotlessly clean (as is entire hotel) and well equipped. Bar area is exceptional so long as you remember you will be paying 5 star prices for your drinks.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Wavney
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for this great review. I am glad that you liked our hotel and felt it was stylish, clean and well equipped. It is also nice to know that you found all of our staff welcoming. I appreciate you experienced also our Cocktail bar; many of our guests enjoy the stylish feel in here! Thank you for spending the time to review Flemings Mayfair, we hope to see you again soon.
Thanks
Oliver J. Q. Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband booked a weekend break at Flemings Mayfair Hotel for our silver wedding anniversary. The Hotel was easy walking distance from Green Park tube station. On arriving we were greeted by a friendly doorman and checked in swiftly by the helpful receptionist who also upgraded our room.

The room was elegantly decorated, It had an interactive TV, huge bed, plenty of storage and spacious bathroom with White Company toiletries. The note from Guest Services was a nice personal touch and we loved the complimentary champagne to celebrate our anniversary. The breakfast was excellent each morning, we would definitely recommend it.

From Flemings Mayfair it was a short walk through Green Park to Buckingham Palace where we watched the Change of the Guards. We also went on the Open Top Bus which is a great way to see London.

Overall we had a fabulous weekend and look forward to our return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for this lovely review I am glad you had a fantastic weekend here at Flemings Mayfair, and enjoyed many of the sightseeing spots of central London. I am pleased that you liked your room and champagne anniversary gift from our team! It is great to hear that you found all of our staff friendly & helpful. It is good to hear that you greatly enjoyed breakfast; I will feedback your lovely comments to our breakfast chef. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and post photos, it is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Flemings Mayfair soon!
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I had a very enjoyable stay at Flemings Mayfair. The staff were all lovely, very helpful and friendly- from first contact onwards. I found a good rate with them online, but as it was through a 3rd party website I decided to give them a call and see if they could match the rate as I know they get charged a significant fee by those websites. The lady on reservations not only matched it, but also included a complimentary full breakfast as a thank you. In an age where booking online is the norm, it was nice to deal with a real (and friendly) person.

On arrival I was greeted by a doorman. Check-in was quick and pleasant. I was shown to my room and helped with my bags. The room was a good size, nicely decorated and in good condition. The air con worked well, but had a musty smell so didn't fancy leaving it on long (literally only negative I can think of). I love the iPod dock! I slept well in the comfy bed.

Had a free paper left on my door in the morning. The breakfast was great. The breakfast staff were kept busy, but were very attentive and professional and courteous despite this.

On checkout I requested to leave some luggage so I could explore London before my evening train. This was no problem, and it was reassuring that my luggage was signed in and I was given a receipt. (I have stayed in other hotels where luggage is just left in a public room with no security other than the reception staff keeping an eye on everybody coming and going!)

So, a big thank you to all of the staff at Flemings Mayfair! I will definitely be returning. Hopefully very soon :-)

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Clare D
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your brilliant review. We are delighted to hear what a great experience you had here at Flemings Mayfair from the booking process through to your check-out. We are glad that you liked your room and the little extras that we give our guests including a morning paper. Our staff will be very pleased to know that you had such a great stay. We look forward to you staying with us again.
Kind regards
Riehen
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We enjoyed your stay at Flemings in Mayfair very much. Our room was modern, quiet and clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the
rich breakfast buffet was one of our daily highlights.
The rates are rather high, but I suppose that's London.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Katrinnnnnn
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback. It is fantastic to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Flemings Mayfair. We are glad you felt your room was modern quiet and to your taste. Our breakfast chef will be very pleased to know how much you enjoyed breakfast every morning! Thank you for the lovely reports on our staff. We hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Lovely boutique hotel. Rooms were very nice, although a bit cramped. Well appointed. Comfortable bed. Very clean. Had wi-fi in room. Breakfast was very good. Staff was well trained. Close to subway and Big Red Bus.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CalifAdventurer
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your positive review. It is nice to see that you found our rooms very nice and staff well trained. Our location is great for exploring London and we hope you had a good time on the Big Red Bus tour, it is great fun! We look forward to seeing your return again soon.
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had part of my Hen Do here on Saturday and we all loved it. The hotel was beautiful, we had our won private room, which was lovely.
The staff were really courteous and the service was brilliant. The cream teas were absolutely gorgeous, the cakes were divine and the whole experience was just lovely.

thank you very much!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Monita_Le_Roux
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed in this unique hotel with my sister during our spring holiday. The hotel is conveniently located close to the Green Park underground station, and it's a short walk to Piccadilly Circus as well. The location offered good possibilities to explore the city by walking as well as by using the good underground system of London. Despite being located in the heart of Mayfair, we didn't suffer from the sounds of traffic etc.

Upon our early arrival, we were able to leave our luggage in hold, and go explore the surroundings. There are many nice cafes and bars closeby. The staff in the hotel was fantastic and very helpful. They offered us a map and advice on what to see and do, all this even without asking. All our encounters with staff were good. The only downside with staff was that their room (break room or storage, I don't know) was located next to our room, and they used to room quite frequently especially during late evening and early night hours, sometimes talking on phone, sometimes just slamming the doors. The thin walls didn't make all that a pleasurable experience, but I guess it was manageable.

The room was small, but that's normal in London. Room was clean, and it was serviced every day. Also, a newspaper was brought to our door every day, that was a nice extra. Bathroom was surprisingly spacy, and water pressure good. There was enough space in the cabinets to keep clothes, if one wishes. Tv was good quality, and they even had an iPod dock. The wireless Internet didn't work the way they told us at the reception (was supposed to be paid after 24 hours of use, but never paid anything), but it worked anyway (not the most reliable though).

Our room rate included normal breakfast. It was fullfilling, and had enough selection. With extra money, one can also get warm breakfast. We tried this one morning, and I really enjoyed my pancakes with bacon, and my sister enjoyed her English breakfast. Definitely worth trying at least once, but other than that, we found the normal breakfast to be enough.

The hotel also had several social areas, which all had very unique decorations. It was nice to have a place to sit in peace. We also tried the hotel bar one night. It was very quiet and dark place, but enjoyed it very much. Would have spent more time there, but the drinks were totally overpriced (£15).

All in all, a very pleasurable stay, and I would recommend to anyone, who is looking for a convenient stay in the center of London with some uniqueness.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank whippo2
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you had a pleasurable stay at Flemings Mayfair. We have enjoyed reading your review and are glad you found all of our staff attentive and helpful along with enjoying our unique design throughout the hotel. Thank you for the pictures they look great! We hope to see you again soon.
Thanks