Flemings Mayfair
US$259
US$225
galahotels.com
2,035 results
All reviewsgreen parkhalf moon streetbuckingham palaceshepherds marketsmall luxury hoteldrawing roomafternoon teabond streetpiccadilly circusquiet streetlovely hotelperfect locationthe ritzthe ground floorcontinental breakfastsmall roomwest end
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed here for six nights in August. I had a single room on Level 1. I managed to secure an awesome rate through a third party website, well under half of the quoted rack rate of GBP200 per night. At the price I paid, I was very happy with the hotel. If I had paid the full rate my rating would be one star less.

The room was very small but adequate. The service within the hotel is generally ok. The room service is way over-priced and not up to standard. Free wi-fi is a good feature. The one room service meal I had was cold, tasteless and cost a fortune. Upon reporting this to the reception the guy couldn't have showed less interest which was pretty poor.
So, if you can find a good rate via a third party website I would recommend the hotel. It is very well located in terms of the major attractions in London.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kosta100
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel is situated in a perfect location, walking distance to the theatres, Westminster, Buckingham Palace, etc.Green Park Underground station is 5 minutes walk, plus numerous bu lines. Hotel is like a English Club, with comfortable lounges. I found the reception staff to be extremely helpful.
The bedrooms are all different, as the building is old , but has been nicely updated.
Unfortunately, during my time there, the building next door was being renovated, so there was a lot of noise from this work. I would strongly suggest calling the hotel ahead of arriving toi request a room away from the construction.Obviously this is short term, and the noise will cease once the building work is completed.
I had a great English Breakfast in the restaurant, again very pleasant staff serving.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank marty60
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business for one night in a small double - immaculate and just the right size. Lovely bathroom down some steps which was cute. Possibly the comfiest hotel bed I've ever slept in. Very pleasant staff, good service and selection for breakfast. And very cool lift decor!
Will definitely look to book here again next time I need to stay in the area.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank humanrain
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Flemings Mayfair is apparently a famous historic hotel in Half Moon Street just down from Green Park, the hotel is well located and reception is efficient however it goes downhill from there. We were allocated Room 101 - with all our worst fears in there . Its a fairly nasty and very small room with a tiny window, possibly the oldest carpet I've seen in a hotel in the last decade and an even nastier bathroom. The bath seal had all gone mouldy across the top and the screen didn't seal across the bath for the shower so the floor ended up covered in water which poured down the screen/bath side.

The tiling appeared to have been grouted by somebody who was blind and at least five years ago by the look of it with leftovers smeared all round the top of the tiles.
Meanwhile back in the bedroom, the furniture is old - and shows it, the bed was comfortable enough however who knows how old it was given the other furniture and fittings and all the marks and dents on them. I did suspect this maybe one of those 'emergency rooms' not usually used however this was mid August - by no means high season for London with most hotels offering discounts to try and fill up. And at £200 a night for this fairly shabby room, not cheap either. I'd stay in Hotel Indigo where we were the week before - beautiful, almost new rooms with impeccably helpful service and at half the price. Come on Flemings - you need to up your game otherwise you won't be around much longer as customers won't accept these standards anymore.
Breakfast was acceptable - no more than that.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank rlodge5
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay, I am disappointed to learn that we have failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. We have redecorated sixty of our guest bedrooms in 2013 and additionally just redesigned our Suites and Apartments. I would like to assure you that your comments have been shared with our Senior Management and the appropriate changes will made with our ongoing refurbishment plans.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

A theatre weekend away in the lap of luxury. Flemmings Hotel dazzled us. We stayed in one of the next door appartments, which was a real hidden jewel in the crown! Post theatre trip we had cocktails in the hotel's own late night bar. The choice of drinks was fabulous and the staff went out of their way to make it a really super experience - a perfect way to finish the evening..

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple