“Mixed feelings”

Ranked #173 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Aberdeen
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 27 January 2010

This is the second time I have stayed at Flemings. The first time was in December of 2009 and I picked up a stomach bug from somewhere, I am not saying that the room service was to blame as I could have touched anything in the plane, train or taxi. Nevertheless my first stay was marred with what I can only describe as the winter vomiting bug which was horrid. Had I not been in London on important business I would have gone home. My main issue was that the room was not properly cleaned the following day and I mentioned my sickness to the reception staff.

I put that visit to one side as a one off incident. I am now half way through my second stay which is proving to be a delight. My arrival was welcomed and my room was excellent. I have not experienced any of the small shabby rooms that some reviewers have mentioned. The staff are better than the average London hotel staff. They spealk reasonable English and are as attentive as your requirements demand. My room service was served to my exact request and was tasty and what I needed. The room is clean and spacious with all the necessary furniture and fittings.

I like the tartan curtains and the additional touches such as the water, wine and mixed nut selection provided gratis. After a long journey all are most welcome.

Breakfast was super, bacon and eggs with real streaky bacon cooked to perfection. The coffee, which in some hotels can only be described as floor polish, was rich and very very nice. I am looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!

All in all a good hotel and now my hotel of choice when I am in London.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
Reviewed 26 January 2010

Check out the apartments at this lovely hotel in the heart of Mayfair. A real home from home yet in the centre of everything. We were able to walk everywhere - John Lewis, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, and of course explore all the lovely shops in the Mayfair area. The hotel has recently been tastefully refurbished and the Library is exquistite. The breakfast staff were great and I can't wait to go again.

Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Wales
Reviewed 26 January 2010

The hotel was quite a find booked though last minute.com very good value.This was a special weekend and we stayed the Friday and Saturday night.The booking staff new that our weekend was special and we had a room at the rear of the hotel which had been refurbished to a high standard with a marble bathroom.There was no street noise at all and we would wonder if we were in the heart of London.The staff were attentive from the moment we left the taxi.There is an excellent resident lounge of high qualiity and an art decor bar downstairs which is very different as is the restaurant which serves a set menu if required at a competative price.
The location for all the attractions is unbeatable and given the hotel size the personal touch is still there which is quite rare for a city hotel.We did not dine at the hotel but had breakfast at Henry,s cafe bar which is to the left of the hotel and left again at the top of the street less than 10 min walk.Good value and serve breakfast intil 12 noon. I will certainly be making a return visit to the Flemmings Hotel in Mayfair..

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Ramsden Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2010

We revisted the Flemings Mayfair after our stay this time last year. Once again, it didn't disappoint and I promised the reception staff that I would write another review. Excellent location, rooms spacious (we got upgraded) staff helpful and we will certainly visit again

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2010

Had a lovely time here in Dec 09. So close to everything . Such excellent service and attention to detail. Lovely room - large and light overlooking the street.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Herne Bay
Reviewed 2 January 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 31 Dec/01 Jan and had absolutely no problems. Throughout our visit the staff were approachable, polite and helpful all the way from check-in to check-out. Our courtyard room (316) whilst compact (small but not tiny) was warm, quiet and well equipped although the adjacent exterior fans would perhaps make it noisier if the windows were open in summer. There was no pressure whatsoever to eat in the hotel and we easily found somewhere for breakfast at the end of the street even on New Year's Day. This was a special treat for us - we are not well off - however we did not feel out of our depth one bit and the other guests we met were nice people. The location is great for attractions and handy for public transport. We hope to stay again later this year once the bank balance is replenished. One last point, this is Mayfair after all so whilst cost can be a bit subjective we were well pleased with the overall experience.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
ZP83
Reviewed 22 December 2009

London is a city that I have often visited in the past with either my mom or dad. We always book a Virgin Vacation and this hotel was extremely reasonable and in a fantastic location to everything in central London. Mom and I could walk to picadilly circus and to buckingham palace right from the hotel. The staff always gave us great advice on where to eat and what to do. This trip was the most memorable I've had in London. The rooms were a little small but hey Ive stayed in MUCH smaller in London and were much more expensive but well located. I felt like I was in a cape cod home with the colors and touches of the rooms. The breakfast was nothing to write home about but hey thats what the prete down the street is for. I would really recommend going through Virgin Vacations if you are traveling to England from America to book this hotel. Its usually a great value. This is the gem on half moon st. :)

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family