“high tea”

Bulgari Hotel, London
Ranked #175 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I came with a group of 5 adults and one toddler, we booked last minute and ended up arriving 45 minutes early. The staff were all very good about this and said that they would be able to fit us in, they showed us to a sofa area by the fire, which was perfect for my young daughter to have a little play on the massive sofa.
all the food came out very well presented and all tasted lovely, when we had finished what we were given each time they asked if we wanted anymore of what we had just had or move on to the next course, we had a few extra each time but just picking what we wanted.
In total we were sat having tea for nearly 3 hours, even after this time the staff were in no rush to get rid of us asking if there was anything else we wanted.
The only thing i would say that is a bit negative would be there was no changing unit or place for me to change my daughters nappy, having to do her on the floor of the toilets.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank amberds83

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Perfect on every level. And also has my favourite spa and pool in london. It is the perfect escape from the city stress while you are still in the city. It is my serenity spot! Being usually picky when it comes to hotels, as service (reception, waiters, spa employees etc) and hygiene standards across the hotel (I have extremely high expectations there) are difficult to be matched even in the best 5 star hotels. You don't need to worry about a thing, when you walk through its doors, the staff do their best to help you, especially a receptionist that went beyond her job to help my friend sort out her hotel reservation in Paris for her next trip. Can't remember the name of the receptionist (blonde young lady - apologies forgot her name). I love this hotel, it has the best scores for service, food and most importantly hygiene + the yummiest candy jars at the reception!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I consider myself to be a reasonably tough reviewer of travel services, I don't mind paying a fair price but I expect blemish free service and facilities.

The Bulgari Hotel in London is perfect. Rooms are very large, bathrooms are perfect. Excellent service, I would describe it as intuitive, small example is when I left my room for the spa and couldn't find any slippers (they are in bottom drawer below safe fyi), when I got back there were slippers laid out by my bed (oh and room had been serviced for a 3rd time that day). Have an afternoon nap, go to the spa - they pop in and perfectly service the room. You never see anybody and there are no annoying turn down knocks on the door. Just intuitive.

The lobby is modern and understated (this is not a cliché, it actually is). A perfect refuge from the bustle of London. Knightsbridge is in the thick of the action. Zuma one of my favorite London Restaurants and Bars is literally behind the hotel.

Stay here!

Only criticism (that you hardly notice) is there is no iconic view outlook. You don't miss it, just saying.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank James_Kellow
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Beautiful design, very luxurious, beautiful bar, super service
One of the best hotels in Europe. The hotel has a great location close to best shopping and great restaurants. The interior of the hotel is top. Very luxurious with a great class and style.
The rooms are spacious and very cosy.
Definitely the best hotel in London.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We spent four nights in november at Bulgari after Amex recommended us this new London spot.
The location is nice if you want to shop or to walk in Hyde Park, down the hotel you'll find everything.
Rooms are modern and nice even if black and white bathroom design is not original.
Room equipment average, no Boose or similar to plug your smart phone, a large selection of channel on TV for UK, middle east, but we were not able to find a national french channel we were looking for. No view on Hyde Park.
Breakfast average, we didn't have lunch or dinner.
People are taking care of you but the team is very young with a lack of experience. The concierge recommended us a restaurant far from our expectation even if well known as a trendy place.
We asked laundry to clean and sew clothes, they cleaned but didn't sew...
Ambiance in lobby and bar is a little bit cold, very nice swimming pool and fitness room.
Basically it's a good hotel but without charm like at Connaught hotel.
Still a lot to do with staff training but let's believe things will move in accordance with luxury hotel customers expectations.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vsdg
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This review is a bit special as I will not describe the usual hotel stay. I still write it in case someone is hesitating between several places to plan a family & friends event. We had the most perfect wedding we could imagine thanks to Bvlgari team!

In the past year we stayed numerous times in this hotel. I like the modern decor, the excellent service, the incredible pool & spa, the prefect location. We stayed in almost all accomodation type. My preference goes to Studio & Deluxe Suites.

We were a small party of 20 people, family and friends. After 15 years with my partner and thanks to recent evolution of the law in France it was time to get married! We took the Eurostar right after the ceremony and we were expected by a fleet of 5 Vano. Transfer and check-in (we had 12 rooms) was quick and smooth.

We stayed in Bvlgari V which is not the biggest Bvlgari suite but it is still huge, I could live there! Bedroom is on the small side, and bathroom has no natural light but the combined shower / steam room with Onyx wall is a splendor. The living room with a massive sitting area and dining table for 10 separated by a beautiful silver fireplace is wonderful to relax and entertain. There is also a full kitchen (better than ours!) with Gaggenau equipment (even wine 'fridge' and laundry corner).

We had dinner in the Ballroom foyer. Before the event we had several discussions with Bvlgari team to decide the menu (they even wrote it in french), wine choice, flower arrangement, etc. When we entered in the room it was exactly like in our dreams. They made all possible efforts to anticipate and figure out what we had in mind to surpass our expectations. They even took care of some personal gifts we wanted to offer to our guests. The sound system can play the music you have in your iPod with a simple cable, we had our playlist and it was just superb.

Cocktails were perfect, food was great, service was stellar (better than some Paris 3-star restaurants).

The day after, concierge desk was able to organize within less than 1 hour a London sighsteeing tour with several cars for some of our guests. On our side we were granted the authorization to have a photo shoot by the swimming pool before opening time. We also had breakfast served in our suite for our friends. It was a very special moment, quite intimate with people we love.

Overall it was a memorable week-end all thanks to Bvlgari team and especially Valeria Rossoni. We can't wait to come back and enjoy the Spa treatment you offered us.

Bvlgari hotel is definitely my choice in London.
Give it a try, especially for your personal events!

Room Tip: Go for a Studio suite or a deluxe suite!