“Long way to go”

Bulgari Hotel, London
Ranked #176 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our two daughters aged 8&12 for a pre Christmas treat. We were joined by our friends, whom were doing same. After a very over priced meal/ average food in the private dining area we retired to our respective rooms where we found it very dusty and dirty.. The dust was on the mirrors in both the bathroom and bedroom... A crusty remote control..to name but a few... To top it off they parked my shiny new range rover in what we were told was a secure area, which was infact behind the hotel and on the main busy street/ pedestrian area... Not impressed!! If the manager would care to contact me I am happy to provide photographic evidence of the dirty room.We will be sticking to the Mandarin or Langham next time.

• Stayed: December 2013
Sylvain_Ercoli, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest

I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us at the end of last year did not truly reflect the service we provide. Your feedback is of great importance to us and I would welcome the opportunity to follow up with you directly so that I can discuss your experience in more detail. Please provide us with your contact details or call me at your earliest convenience on +44 (0)20 7151 1010.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Only stayed for one night for my wife's birthday but wish it was longer. We really enjoyed the spa pool which is fantastic. A very long pool for a city hotel and very relaxing - a great set up.
The rooms were very luxurious (if a little dark).
The location is great if you are staying in London, very close to Hyde Park and great shopping on Knightsbridge and Sloane Street. We also made it to the Natural History Museum so an action packed weekend.
We didn't try the restaurant.
The only hiccup was the concierge looking to give us someone else's shopping when we left with our luggage - no issue for us other than I would dread to think of our own items being taken away by mistake!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Sylvain_Ercoli, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I am extremely happy to read about your recent experience here at the hotel and thank you for choosing to celebrate your wife’s birthday with us. You have touched on some of the points that I believe makes the hotel truly unique. I will follow up with our concierge to ensure we avoid the luggage situation happening again and I do hope that you will have the chance to return soon to enjoy our newly opened restaurant, Rivea.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I commanded for a one-day service was amazing and the room was large and luxurious
Biscuit was delicious and the room was located on the street Knightsbridge
And the windows were sealed and do not hear any noise

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I am delighted that you enjoyed the size of the rooms here at the hotel as well as the peace and quiet that we provide in the very heart of London. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Originally was put off at the price of this hotel. However the service from all the staff was exceptional. The Concierge managed to get us into the restaurant of our choice The Berners Tavern, with no notice (we had failed). The pictures on the web site do not do the rooms justice which are superb.

Above all the service is wonderful they have thought of pretty everything. It is a shame they don't sell the room fridges, but then again we did not ask.

It is expensive but then again it says Bulgari over the door so the clues are there. Best toiletries ever.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

It is always a great pleasure to read feedback such as yours and I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, the service and in particular our custom made Bulgari luggage case mini bars. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My partner and I spent a most enjoyable afternoon at the Bulgari Hotel, London, recently. First we had lunch in the bar, which was delicious, with prompt and friendly service, then we visited the Spa in the basement of the hotel. First impressions were excellent, with everything being clean and tidy, and with a large reception area, with plenty of places to sit while waiting. The receptionists were attentive and we were shown to the changing rooms, to get ready for our massages. We both chose a 90 minute relaxing massage, and the treatment was as good as we have received anywhere else in the world, thanks to the excellent services provided by Michelle and Sunna, who communicated with us very well to ensure the treatments were what we wanted. After our massages, we met the Treatment Manager, Igor, who showed us around the rest of the Spa, including the 25 metre swimming pool, with curtained off relaxation areas, and a very well-equipped and modern gym. The range of Spa treatments is exceptional, although the prices are what would be expected for Bulgari. All in all it was a most enjoyable afternoon, with exceptionally professional and friendly staff, in a facility that must be one of the very best in London. We can thoroughly recommend it for a pampering treat while in London, and we will definitely be going back. Thanks to all at the Bulgari Spa for looking after us so well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sylvain_Ercoli, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read about your recent experience here at the hotel and spa and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share via tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed the lunch in Il Bar and the time you spent in the Spa. We are extremely proud of Bulgari Spa as one of the very best in London and I will personally pass on your thanks to Igor, Michelle and Sunna. I do hope that you will have the chance to visit us again next time you are in London.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Went for snacks and drinks at the Bvlgari Hotel & Residences with a friend and totally enjoyed myself. When I used to work at Harrods I would always pass by this five star hotel but never really went in. I took a friend there recently and found the hotel to be very modern and superbly sophisticated. We asked to sit at the restaurant and we were immediately taken there by a nice gentlemen who made us feel like royalty as we sat in a very exclusive area. Yes it is highly expensive but this is Knightsbridge and Bvlgari is one of the biggest names in the fashion industry. I had the three mini pizzas but having found a minor fault with the food I asked a member of the staff to replace the dish and this was done very efficiently and the replacement was on the house which was surprising, this is called 5 star service ! We were given Bvlgari matchbooks as souvenirs and we left with a smile.

Thank you Bvlgari ! Well done to the management !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NoelofCroydon
Sylvain_Ercoli, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to hear feedback such as yours and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Il Bar and I do hope that you will have the opportunity to return soon to explore more of our menu and cocktails.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Lucky enough to stay in some nice hotels and was expecting a lot from this hotel and they delivered perfectly. On arrival Anna on the front desk was a pleasure, happy to carry all our bags throughout the tour of the hotel. The rooms were lovely with great little touches like candles by the bath.

The most amazing part of the hotel has to be the spa, as guests we enjoyed a good few hours relaxing in one of the busiest parts of London. This is a must and make sure you make time for it.

Had a few drinks in the bar in the evening and all were amazing, we didn't eat in the hotel as the restaurant is being updated. We had breakfast in the morning and the service was a little slow, without prompting the staff appologised when the bill came and offered to remove a few items. Great proactive service.

This is now one of our favourites.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Sylvain_Ercoli, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of Bulgari Hotel & Residences, London. I am delighted that you had the time during your stay to relax in Bulgari Spa and to enjoy Il Bar for a cocktail. Our new restaurant, RIVEA LONDON will be open in May and I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back soon.