The Ampersand Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
130 Queen's Gate(London)
3,631 results
All reviewssouth kensington tube stationdrawing roomdeluxe studioapero restaurantgreat locationcomplimentary soft drinksheated floorsthe natural history museumbeautiful hotelvictoria and albert museumafternoon teamini barperfect staypiccadilly linecomfortable bedrooms are smalllondon hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Great location, wondderful staff, reasonably priced and gorgeous rooms! What is there not to like about this hotel? The free mini bar is a nice touch especially after a day of hiking around London. The hotel is directly across the street from the South Kensington tube station which meant exploring London and getting there to and from the airport was a snap.
Just a wonderful experience! I would hightly recommended this hotel to anyone staying in London.
(My only fear is that this gem will get too popular and it will become too expensive and too difficult to get a room there!)

Room Tip: Buy your Oyster card at a kiosk at the airport and save yourself the lineup at the station.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I booked this hotel as a birthday surprise and had emailed the hotel a week prior to arrival stating we'd be arriving earlier than the official check in time and requested a quiet room. We arrived to a warm welcome and our room was ready. Deluxe room was at the back of the hotel so was quiet, super clean, spacious for London, great walk in shower and had all the trimmings you'd expect from a boutique hotel. Staff were really efficient and friendly without being snooty.
Some reviewers have complained about the size of the rooms - their website is honest enough and does actually state the size in square metres for each grade of room so if you want more space then pay for it!
They kept our luggage for us after we checked out so we could return to change downstairs after a formal event, again no problems.
Perfect location - a minute from South Ken tube, a plethora of lovely cafes and restaurants, I recommend Le Comptoir (Lebanese) a lovely family run restaurant with buzzing atmosphere and good old fashioned home cooking, oh and the best baklawa.
A well deserved Mr & Mrs Smith hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BerkshireWomble
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We've now stayed twice at The Ampersand and I have to say it's a great little find. At the moment the prices are reasonable for its location but I am sure that will change as they finish working on the rooms and the gym.

The location is perfect. RIGHT at the South Kensington Tube station. Literally on its doorstep. This is very handy. However, if you're a light sleeper be warned that you'll hear the first train of the morning -- it rumbles right underneath the hotel.

If you can, try to upgrade to a junior suite. We were shown two deluxe rooms but turned them down because they were small and had a tiny little window that overlooked a school (think noisy teens first thing in the morning).

The room is fantastic -- the bed and linens extremely comfortable. It was hard to get up in the morning! The bathroom is well appointed with big towels and lovely soap/shampoo/amenities.

The staff are very friendly -- a nice greeting when you return after you've been out all day. Fast check-in and check-out.

Room service is very reasonable though slightly limited. Ten pounds for a full English breakfast.

Will definitely stay there again. It was written up in Tatler (high end British magazine) so it will be interesting to see what happens with the prices.

Room Tip: If you can swing it, pay a little extra for a junior suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at The Ampersand, my travel agent Il Viaggio advised me about this boutique property, I must straight forwardly I am rather picky. The property lies literally 100 meters from South Kensington Station: the Museums and the Royal Albert Hall are a stone’s sthrow and Old Brompton Road’s bars and restaurants are nearby too. I was allocated room 318, a Deluxe Room, on a quiet corner of the building. The room was spotless, everything was working fine, great wi-fi signal, incredibly comfortable bed and linen, and a petite-but comprehensive bathroom with a dazzling rainforest shower. Amenities were first class, I think the The Ampersand epitomises the new British flair: witty but classy.
Breakfast was nice, but nothing to die for, also with Paul’s lattes a few meters away there was plenty of choice for meals.
The last morning I was awoken by some noise coming from the ceiling, on checking out I did say I was rather disappointed that my stay had been spoiled, so the manager-on-duty without further ado she took the whole night off my bill! I was literally impressed.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My wife and I stayed a full week at the Ampersand hotel. We decided for a superior Studio Room about 30m2 big.
Included in the room rate was free soft drinks, Nespresso Coffee machine and many more small extras.

We felt at home from we arrived. All the staff were nice, smiling and very helpful. Everything in the hotel was kept very clean and tidy. The Afternoon tea Salon and the restaurant were excellent and fairly priced. The king size bed is the best bed we have ever slept in.
The room and bathroom are very tastefully decorated and functional.

Ampersand is situated 2 minutes walk from South kensington Station, 8 minutes walk from Harrods and many nice designer shops and restaurants.

This is for sure our future hotel in London, it is simply a great experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple