“New Years Eve Trip”

The Ampersand Hotel
Ranked #47 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night on new years eve . The hotel is lovely the staff were wonderful. The decoration in the hotel is lovely and the rooms to. We went to the bar and had two glasses of champagne which was included in our room price. The location of the hotel is great and although it is on a very busy road there was no evidence of noise in our room, I hope to return to this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teresa l
Roberto P, General Manager at The Ampersand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank you for your great review. New Year's Eve is a fantastic night to be in London and I am delighted we were able to add to the celebrations of bringing in the New Year.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Ampersand next time you vist London.

Roberto

Write a ReviewReviews (3,484)

Reviewed 9 June 2013

we are part of 4 couples staying for 2 nights to celebrate a 50th birthday
great location, a hundred metres to south kensington tube station
natural history museum only 5 minutes walk
beautiful rooms small but superbly furnished, very helpful friendly staff
this is a perfect hotel to base a visit to London
see you soon !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your great review. It is always fun for us to help guests celebrate special occasions. I am delighted the team looked after you so well.
I am very much looking forward to welcoming you all back to The Ampersand.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We booked a night here to celebrate our anniversary and were not disappointed. The hotel is in a fab location in South Kensington, the tube is a 2 minute walk away and as soon as we entered the hotel we were impressed.

The hotel is decorated extremely simply but looks so good! The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a Superior room as part of an offer online, and whilst the room could be considered a little small it was extremely well decorated, with an exceptionally good walk in shower (bathroom too small for a bath).....I wish my shower at home was that good. The other amazing thing in the room was the bed....as soon as our heads hit the pillow we had the best nights sleep in ages.
There was also a complimentary mini bar in the room with a few soft drinks which was really good after a day out and in London.
We thought that the Ampersand has lots of charm and the exceptional staff mean that we will definitely be staying here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lee M

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Ampersand. I am delighted we able to make your celebration a special stay.All of the team try hard to ensure everyone has a memorable stay and are always pleased when this is achieved.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in London.

KInd regards

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Gorgeous hotel, extremely handsome staff, very helpful in every way. The rooms are tiny but ultra chic; the best bathrooms with under floor heating and the most amazing shower head - this rates among the best showers - and especially in England where water pressure can be totally rubbish - this packs a punch. The rubber ducky is a cute addition. Huge bed and so comfortable.
Fortunately I was upgraded to a larger room on the top floor; though even from here you can slightly hear traffic noise and feel/hear the tube running below the street.
Super sexy furnishings, decor, restaurants and afternoon tea areas - this is a shmick fit out and one that invites you back for more/longer stays.
Ideal location; such a fitting end to an amazing holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Roberto P, General Manager at The Ampersand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to The Ampersand in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

If you are looking for a perfect holiday hotel, Ampersand hits the mark ..... The first thing that grabbed my attention was the wonderfully comfy beds and pillows. Jet lag wasn't a problem because I just melted into the most comfortable bed and pillows and lights were out for me in seconds.

The decor of the hotel and rooms are so different to many hotels I've stayed in. It's well laid out, great amenities and I love the way they package the bathroom essentials, not forgetting the rubber duckie!

Location is always important for travelers and the Ampersand is perfectly located in the middle of terrific range of restaurants and cafes e.g. Carluccio's, Hummingbird Bakery, La Pain Quontidien and I highly recommend Maxela for steak lovers - it's an Italian restaurant that serves 40 to 50 day aged meats from Piedmonte. Service here is excellent too. There's also Lebanese, Polish, Japanese and Moroccan eateries.

I love walking and it's a 10 minute walk to Hyde Park and Kensington Palace. I was even able to walk right up to Marble Arch. Transportation is very convenient - the South Kensington tube station is 2 minutes round the corner as well.

Only recommendation I have is the service in the Drawing Room can be better. My husband and I waited 15 minutes to be served one evening.

Cant wait to return to London because of Ampersand !

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of you stay at The Ampersand. I am very pleased you had such a great stay with us and appreciate all your comments.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to London.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is a charming hotel! I was most impressed with the warmth of the staff...every time I would return I honestly felt as though I was coming home. Everyone at the Ampersand aims to please.
My room was the most basic category and was quite small however it really had all the functions of a great guest room... The bathroom was lovely and I adored the heated floors in there... great spot!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Roberto P, General Manager at The Ampersand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted you had such a pleasant stay, the team do their very best to ensure all guests have a wonderful stay so it great to be able to share such positive feedback with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Ampersand on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I've just returned from a wonderful 9 day stay at the Ampersand in South Kensington. It has lots to recommend it.

Location: In a great neighborhood that is a mix of lovely streets, pretty houses, easy walking distance to Knightsbridge, V&A Museum, Natural History Museum. Across the street from the South Kensington tube (on the Circle, District and Piccadilly lines), with a taxi queue across the street. Despite being near the tube and on a main bus route, the hotel is very quiet and hardly any road noise can be heard from inside.

Hotel: Our room on the fourth floor was very quiet, with a wonderful bed, large bathroom and lovely fixtures/appointments. Very posh inside. The tea room, bar, restaurant, lounge areas, gym are all lovely.

Nearby: There is a charming pedestrian cafe spot behind the tube station with cafes, bars, restaurants and shops. The V&A Museum is wonderful, not to be missed. A short walk to Sloane Square is fairly easy, and is a neighborhood worth exploring.

Some favourite restuarants/bars/shops: Polpo Covent Garden, Hawksmoor Seven Dials, Daylesford Organic, The Orange Public House, Electric Diner, Comptoir Libanais, Jamie's Diner, Mishkin's, La Fromagerie, Marylebone Pub, The Port House and Dishoom.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank danannex

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and giving such a wonderful rating. I am delighted we were able to provide you with a great base to explore London from and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.