The Ampersand was definitely swanky and did not disappoint!
* Perfect location just around the corner from the South Kensington tube stop.
* The room was London-sized (so smallish) but very comfortable.
A minibar with free water, juice, and soda was hidden in a nightstand and the desk had an assortment of power and video plugs. The tiled bathroom featured some great-smelling soaps that were taken home, and a fun rubber ducky! Their restaurant looked nice when I stopped in for a whiskey though I did not try any food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With some of the most stylish hotel rooms in Kensington, The Ampersand is a privately-owned luxury London hotel that combines contemporary excellence in design, service, food and technology in an 1888 building at the capital's heart. We have been inspired by those great Victorian values of discovery and wonder - and given them a modern, whimsical twist. The result: a cosmopolitan, 111-room luxury boutique hotel, bar, restaurant and drawing rooms, delivering 21st-century warmth, humour and total comfort.The Ampersand Hotel is situated just a minute's walk from South Kensington tube station, and is well connected to Heathrow airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ampersand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.