The Ampersand Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
130 Queen's Gate(London)
3,631 results
All reviewssouth kensington tube stationdrawing roomdeluxe studioapero restaurantgreat locationcomplimentary soft drinksheated floorsthe natural history museumbeautiful hotelvictoria and albert museumafternoon teamini barperfect staypiccadilly linecomfortable bedrooms are smalllondon hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

A 1 minute walk to the nearest Tube station and very close proximity to all of London's main shopping/dining/cultural sites,the location of this hotel is one of the items of a very long list of reasons to stay here.
On a recent trip to London as an engagement present,my dad paid for us to spend our one night in London at this hotel. Even though we arrived well before the advertised check in time,we were given immediate access to our Superior (upgraded) room. The decor is unique,the bed so comfy you might never want to leave and the heated tiles in the bathroom are that little something else that makes this hotel stand out from your other luxury hotels I have stayed in.
Thoroughly enjoyed the continental breakfast - excellent range and quality produce,only downside was that I got full before I could try everything I wanted to!
Both myself and my fiancee are tall so the upgrade to the Superior room was much appreciated as this would still have been on the small side if we had more than an overnight bag.
All in all would highly recommend this hotel if you are planning a trip to London. Very,very impressed.
The hotel is directly over an underground station so at times you get the rumble as a train passes underneath but this didn't bother us at all during our stay

Room Tip: If you are travelling as a couple then book Superior room or above,as while gorgeous,the rooms are not overly spacious
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank minx_in_the_city
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We went to London for our anniversary in December. Check in was quick and easy. The room was a good size and nicely decorated (i think a deluxe room, one with the bird prints on the wall). The bathroom was nice and modern with a powerful, large shower head that I loved.
Our rate did not include breakfast but there are lots of places to pick something up beside the tube station which is very close by - maybe a 2 minute walk. We visited Paul cafe one day and another independent cafe for a cooked breakfast another day. There are a couple of nice restaurants on the pedestrian street beside the tube station, including a tapas one where we ate dinner one evening and would recommend.
We chose the hotel as we wanted to visit the museums and Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. We were able to walk to the Natural History, Victoria and Albert and Science Museum within 5 minutes and we also walked up to Hyde Park from the hotel too which took around 15 minutes.
We did not use any of the hotel's bars/ restaurants so can not comment on service there but we wanted to extend our stay by one night and the staff on the reception desk were very friendly and helpful.
It is not a cheap hotel, but it was worth the money for the service, quality, modern, luxury feel inside and the location. However it is a shame to spend so much money on such a lovely hotel and then spend all day and evening elsewhere out and about sightseeing!
Only scored down on sleep quality as it is an old building and there are a few creaks and noises (particularly one like pipes from inside the wall near the bed) that disturbed me as I am a light sleeper.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Ampersand is located in the fantastic Kensington area. You have easy access to parks, museums, great restaurants, and tube stations. Staff was extremely nice, and tea room is lovely.
The only caveat is that the standard room is a tight squeeze for 2 people. The dimensions are posted on the Ampersand site but when you factor in luggage + bed space, there is barely any room left.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 July 2014

had good time here. room was small since i reserved a normal double room, but facilities are new and well-equipped. every staffs are helpful, kind and responsive to my requests. the location is also very convenient. few minutes from v&a museum, south kensington station and many good chain-restauranats.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I especially commend the reception staff, with an extra plus to Indira and Izabel.
The hotel's location is very, very good, as I already knew from previous experiences in nearby lodgings.
I found prices somewhat high for my budget limitations - but overall I think it was worthwhile.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel