“Enjoyable”

Ranked #2,629 of 23,877 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: “The Lebanese cafe continues to impress us with its fresh mezze, interesting soft drink selection, snappy service and good looks.” – Time Out The food at Comptoir is fresh, healthy, honest and affordable. Comptoir wakes up early to provide customers with unique Lebanese breakfasts to eat in or take away; offering everything from organic yoghurt topped with pomegranate and orange blossom water, porridge and halloumi cheese and za’atar croissants. Visit for lunch and dinner and enjoy all types of interesting and colourful dishes, including hot and cold mezze – perfectly sized for sharing- wraps, salads, tagines, grills and Man’aesh (Lebanese style pizzas). For dessert, nothing is more authentic than the sweet taste of baklawa – Lebanese pastries in a variety of flavours such as date filled semolina and walnut filled flaky pastry. Drinks include freshly squeezed juices, homemade lemonades and Lebanese inspired cocktails. All products can be packaged up and enjoyed on the go. Comptoir caters well for vegetarians as well as for a gluten free diet. With a friendly team and brilliant red and brushed-chrome industrial stools, bold-patterned turquoise tables and monochrome geometric flooring, Comptoir brightens the rainiest of days.
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Really enjoy the food at this chain and on my most recent visit it did not disappoint. Very nice taouk. However due to its corporate nature the menu is very limited for lebanese food and also generally a lot of food is reheated so there is room for improvement

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Came here one rainy London evening with a friend for dinner. Unfortunately I had some work I needed to finish that evening, so needed to be in and out pretty quickly.

This place was perfect for the situation! My friend had the falafel salad, while I went for the chicken kotfa wrap served as a platter (with a side salad and houmous). The food was simple and delicious, not to mention great value.

Service was fine, though my friend was overcharged slightly after changing their order. The place itself was quite unusual, with clothes and other miscellany for sale on the walls.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I love comptoir l: for veggies it has a great selection, the food is always tasty and the cocktails are lush. However, compared to the South Kensington branch I went to the service was really lacking here. We waited a very long time to be served and then the food came scarily quickly, so quickly we hadn't had our drinks! Such a shame as normally the service is so good.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am a bit of a fan of this place. Having read other reviews, I can see why the service can be perceived as a little hit and miss. However, in the main we've always been well looked after by friendly attentive waitresses (compare this with Yalla Yalla where surliness rules). The food is tasty: I am sure you can find better Lebanese, but I have never been disappointed. The mezze is particularly good. The atmosphere is friendly and on the occasions we have been there it was buzzy. Location, just behind Oxford Street, is great; Wigmore Street is a quiet haven from the hustle and bustle. I would recommend.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Beautiful day today so i thought i try something light n healthy.. Ordered the mezze platter, everything was nice EXCEPT the falafel, that was rock hard n very very dry! 0 out of 5! Asked for side plates, got 2 wet plates which i told the waiter to dry this as its disgusting to eat like that.