“Nostalgic and right in the moment!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Royal Observatory and Thames River Cruise in London
Ranked #548 of 1,568 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: A backstage tour of the most famous television centre in the world.
London, United Kingdom
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Nostalgic and right in the moment!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

WOW - what a brilliant tour. We looked over the Newsroom with the News/Weather being being presented and all the support staff busily acquiring the news of the day for them to present. The commentary from Mark and Mandy? (her first tour although you would not realize) was detailed and lots of personal facts even down to what the Newsreaders have on the out of sight table whilst they are reading the News! The tour included the theatre and details of the building project and even went outside to the lovely memorial to lost reporters. They gave us wonderful stories of how the BBC survived the War and some of us got a chance to read the News on tele except it wasnt broadcast - just as well. The interactive play at the end took me back to my 'wireless' days and reminded me that I can still get great stories and plays via the new version of 'wireless' the internet!!!!!
Well done BBC as I have come to expect over the years professional and moving with the times.
A must see.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank alsy30

Ansbach, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BBC London Portland Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My daughter Veronica (15) and I Roland (60) have been visiting the BBC studios at Portland Place on the 5th September, 2013. Stephen and Jamie have been our guides, and were leading us through this huge complex which was quite fascinating! We were a small group including some visitors from other countries (Belgium, Israel). We felt very lucky having been the only visitors from Germany at the time!

The presentation was very catchy and informative! We enjoyed the interactive news and weather presentations as well as a radio play where I had been producing parts of the background noises very much, and got familiarized with aids such as cue screens as well as the different studios being used for different purposes. I am a fan of the BBC programmes since a long time already, and appreciate the professionality of the BBC cooperaters.

Meantime, I have recommended this tour to about everybody I met on the way whenever I had a chance to!

With very best wishes to all the BBC staff!

Roland & Veronica

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Trallalla2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Last Tour of BBC Television Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

If you never saw the iconic building before it closed..... then this is for you.
It's a 2 hour walking tour of the whole building:

Visited March 2013
2 Thank 444AndrewG
Maldon, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“So sad its going”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Loved the tour - loved the sights and loved seeing Richard Hammond in the canteen!!

So sad that we were some of the last people to see it in its original state it should not be closed

Visited February 2013
1 Thank kievro
York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Informative and really interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Really enjoyed this tour which was full of facts and stories about the BBC, its a pity it was the last tour of this iconic building.

Visited February 2013