“They basically hung up on me!”

Koi Sushi & Noodle Bar
Ranked #15,285 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“They basically hung up on me!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Just tried to call to book a table and somebody's definitely picked up the phone and threw it onto the table (after a long rattling around, phone goes: "pls hold... ... ...pls hold... ... ...pls hold... ... ...pls hold...") after feeling like an idiot for 3 minutes I hung up and can't get through anymore!!

Just found out from their website that they're probably closed for break between 2:30-5pm (I called at 3pm)

But they've basically rudely hung up on me and held up the phone to stop all calls bothering them during their break, Could've at least told me!! Frustrating!

Had a friend try this place last week and they found hair in the food and said the service was awful!! I wouldn't go if I hadn't brought a stupid Groupon voucher for the place!! :@

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Susan C

London, United Kingdom
“Great value all you can eat menu makes this place”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The sushi here is very good, not the best I have ever had but perfectly good. It gets 4 stars from me because of the £15 all you can eat deal. For London this is just incredibly good value. There is plenty on the menu even though the most expensive fish do carry a small supplement. Usually the service is very quick although on one occasion there was a large party there and they seemed to be struggling a bit.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed. Won't come back again.”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We have been regular customers for a year. The quality in the past has been very good for all you can eat and the service was excellent. We went again yesterday and expected the same quality. We ordered all you can eat as usual. The sushi was very bad - the rice was very dry like they had been prepared for a long time with poor quality of rice, and the sushi was tasteless. I tried to eat them, but I couldn't finished it so I ask a waitress to change them to the new one. She was nice and change the new one for us, but the sushi was still very bad. We decided to order some vegetables to make us fell better so we ordered seaweed salad. The thing that I have never seen in my life was they put half of bowl with rice and just some vegetables/salad on top. I couldn't believe it so we ate only the salad and left the rice.

We are keen on Japanese food, but we have to say that we are very disappointed and won't come back again.

“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We had the all you an eat menu - some appetisers followed by plenty of sushi. You can't pick the expensive items on the all you an eat menu, but the food was excellent and great value. Recommended and I'll be going back

London, England, United Kingdom
“Great Service with a very nice All You Can Eat Menu”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We went to Koi Sushi on a whim, because we wanted to try an 'all you can eat' sushi place. We have had terrible experiences with sushi places before, but thought we would give this a try. The all you can eat price was just under £16, but you are required to purchase a drink which is a minimum of £1.5, and there are a few dishes with a supplement of £1-2 per dish. Honestly we were not expecting much, but we gave it a try.

The staff were super friendly and didn't seem to mind that we decided to order off of the AYCE menu. There are some typical items like: Miso soup, Edamame, Gyoza and many other appitizers, but there are many others that are Korean inspired like Kimchi chicken et. al. There basically 3 choices of Sashimi but only the Salmon is included without a supplement charge. You can order Sea Bass or Tuna for a £1-2 charge per order. I will say however that the Salmon was fresh and generous. There are about 12-15 Sushi rolls, most of which you would expect. The rolls were a bit small, but were actually quite good and considering you could just order another one if you wanted, the size is basically irrelevant.

One of the things that impressed us most, was that the orders seemed to be the standard size and not reduced for that menu. There was enough selection that we did not feel taken advantage of ... in fact we were actually full when we left and felt that we had actually done well. While we tend to go higher end Sushi restaurants, we have been know to go to a Yo! Sushi in a pinch, and would typically spend £70. We spent a total of £40 at Koi Sushi and were very satisfied with the meal and the experience. While there are not a tremendous amount of choices on the AYCE menu, I have to say that it exceeded all expectations and would highly recommend it. I know that we will be returning for the AYCE menu as well as the standard menu.