“don't waste your money and time”
Review of Mahdi Restaurant - CLOSED

Mahdi Restaurant
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I used to go to this place few years ago quite often, I have to say it was okay quality, the taste of food was very close to those you get in normal places Iran. We had a rather late lunch on Saturday and I have to say the quality of the food is terrible, I don't think if anyone can sell such a low quality food in any restaurant anywhere in Iran. Service used to be quite armature and bad but quality used to be okay. now service hasn't improved and quality is catching up with service.

2  Thank mohammad m

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Although the food is OK, the staff at this place is very rude and hostile. I went there with a group of friends last year and they impolitely refused to serve us dessert and tea after the main course "because other customers are waiting"!
Nonetheless, I went back last week with other friends who liked the place to find out that the staff's rudeness has reached a new level! After waiting 20 minutes to get a table, a grumpy waiter impolitely approached us and asked us to move to a cornered table to bring in a group of his friends who didn't have to wait! We refused to move and left the restaurant accompanied with death stares and rantings from staff members! I will never step a foot into that terrible place again!

1  Thank Hanyious
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We had the worest experience ever in this restaurant, I went yesterday with my friends and it was a bit crowded but we found a table, suddenly because we had the son of my friend the welighter came and asked us to move to another table with same size for no valid reason..
Mostly this was because we had a child and the weighte was afraid to disturb other clients !!!

5  Thank Ahmed A
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband are regulars here and never disappointed. The mixed grill for two is enough to feed an army, and I have never been disappointed by the starters. Amazing food, quirky atmosphere, always busy - great food!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Went for a on the way to New Years Eve Meal. The location of this restaurant just steps away from Finchley Road station made it ideal for us. The food and service were just fantastic - we totally over ordered so heed the other reviews on here around the size of the portions - there is no way you will leave this restaurant hungry. Order less and enjoy more :) All of the food was amazing whether it was kebab, stew or rice it was enjoyed by many of our party who were tasting Iranian food for the first time.And as for value for money - incredible. Why only 4 stars.... well it needs attention in the toilet to make it really lovely ! but this is a minor detail as the star by far is the food.