“Excellent value, food and service!”
Review of Mele e Pere

Mele e Pere
Ranked #666 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hsd a great pre theatre meal here last week. Service was ultra quick without being rushed, had a good atmosphere and the food was excellent value for money. I had fried squid with aoili to start which wss very tender and tasty. Had the ravoili in squid ink which was fantastic. All in all a very good meal. I would certainly return if I was in the area.
Keep up the good work!

1  Thank faceman01

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is the about our 4th meal at Mele e Pere and it is always good. This time it was just excellent. The food was perfect. We had three course starting with the vitello tonnato which was ok - what it was supposed to be. We had a small portion of the balck truffle risotto for seconds. I love this dish so much i find myself craving it like crack, do not miss out on it. We followed with a ribeye - cooked Medium Rare to absolute perfection (as always) and my GF went for a safron risotto with veal. Bot were monumental. They used to cut up and trim the ribeye but now they serve it whole with half a roasted lemon and a touch of deep red wine gravy. It made me groan. The Risotto was a tad under-salted but really i couldn't fault it - the juice from the veal partially seasoned it and it fell apart to the touch. The final genius was a giant profiterole pumped full of espresso custard. Possibly the best dessert i have ever had for technique and concept. Well top ten anyway.

(Worth mentioning, if you like your steak, that i had the Steak Fiorentina previously (to share). At £24 a head it is the best value steak in London. I would compare the quality of the meat and the preperation to the Hawksmoor - at about a 4th of the price)

Throw in to this a couple of gorgeous house vermouths at the bar before taking our table, the perfectly pitched service and i am thinking about booking again tonight. I shan't! I shall keep it for a treat.

People have mentioned the dining room is loud. I would describe it as bubbly and lively, a really great atmosphere for a weekend meal. I truly love this place and it is our go to place now when we are in town.

1  Thank abensie
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Mele e Pere was recommended by an Italian friend, not expecting anything surprising I shall admit that was a fantastic surprise. Menu is a bit short but with variety and knowledgeable staff. Valentina was our waitress, accommodating, understandable and really looked after us. Great surprise and indeed we will come back.

2  Thank Olympian1978
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Nice and cosy restaurant near the theaters. Food is good but not the best. It is Italian but not like in Italy! I' v missed that Italian spirit.From my point of view is overpriced specially starters. The atmosphere is nice, lots of people.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I last visited the site of Mele e Pere when it was an old-style Italian Trattoria, typical of those found in Soho from the 60s onwards. So, it was a weird thing to find myself inside a bright and spacious room, simply furnished instead of a dark, rather claustrophic setting. The service was friendly and efficient. We had a set menu option but I chose the a la carte, which offered some interesting dishes. My starter was a delicious octopus and potato salad, which I could have eaten all day long. My main was a wonderful onion ravioli with prawns and chilli. It was dressed in the most delicious sauce, dark and tasty. The whole dish was superb. My friends enjoyed the set menu options included a wonderful looking salmon dish, pork belly and veal. The desserts were superb. Mine, a Sicilian pistachio cannolo with choc ice cream and strawberries that had been marinated in some way. A beautiful looking plate and good to eat. The others had marshmallow with strawberries, which was divine. The set menu was great value including a glass of prosecco. As we left, we tried some of the cocktails they were improvising, using their in-house infusions of herbs, fruits and spirits. A really lovely feature on top of the super food. The restaurant deserved to be busier but given the tube strike and a Monday evening was quiet. But, I would recommend for a pre-theatre supper, lunch or just a good evening with great friends. I will be back.