“Really nice hotel. You get value for the money.”

Olympic House Hotel
Ranked #807 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Spent 9 days at this hotel during Xmas 2012 / New Year. PLUS: great location (100m from Paddington station / underground / shops, 100m from Hyde park), room temperature, bed, room cleanness. MINUS: breakfast (only SEVEN 4pp tables, often had to share with other guests!, bad choice of food/drinks, breakfast closes at 9 AM!), staff (utterly uninterested foreigners). Not sure if I would return, but I suppose most hotels at that location have the similar price/performance.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank gemund
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We stayed 3 nights here. The room was small, but clean. The breakfast in the morning was not fancy, but enough to get one started on the day. We were on the third floor facing the road which had a good amount of traffic all night. We booked through a package, so don't know how much was actually spent on the room.
It was not far from Paddington station and easy to get anywhere in London.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floors and away from the street
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank trevelord
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This hotel is very decent, although my single room was small and the only window looked out directly into the breakfast room.
Hint: I booked one room for a friend thru Hotels.com and mine directly on hotel website. Mine was cheaper, and I had no problem with an early checkout. Hotels.com would not refund my friends room when he had to cancel due to a medical problem. Breakfast was minimal but sufficient. Basement rooms were very noisy due to housekeeping staff, making it hard to sleep during day. It is very convenient to Paddington and services, and front desk staff were helpful. I would stay again but not in basement rooms.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kerry K
Reviewed 11 September 2012

The room was clean but the bathroom was so incredibly small. We were in the basement which made it feel even smaller.
The breakfast was terrible. I did not like the coffee, no fruit, the juice was tang I think.
They also never mentioned the surcharge for the internet which I felt was misleading.
Stay at the Euro by Kings Cross instead - much nicer!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Fordybrook717
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Me and my friends stayed at the Olympic house for 4 nights during the Olympic games. We booked it well in advance as we thought it would be difficult getting accommodations otherwise. We were wrong and as a result the price we had to pay was outrageous and there was no possibility to cancel or change the booking without loosing all the money. This setup was probably not unique for this hotel but it was annoying paying so much for so little.
The first impression was not very good. Not the friendliest group of people in the reception. They didn't exactly make you feel welcome. We were three guys sharing a room. The room was not very big but it was nice and clean. They also get a plus for having enough electrical outlets. I hate it when you have to unplug everything else in the room in order to charge your gadgets. My bed was very uncomfortable, but one of my friends was satisfied with his, so they cannot be 100% bad.
There were no free wifi but you could get online by paying 5 pounds for one hour or 10 for a day. I am still surprised every time I stay at a hotel and they want to charge for something so basic as Internet connectivity. It is very VERY annoying.
The room being small, with three guys in it, also got pretty warm. There was an air conditioner in the room but it was controlled by the reception. If you asked them to turn it on they did. Adjusting the temperature was also not possible to do from the room. I guess I could have asked the reception to change it for me but at that time I was just so tired of the ridiculousness of the situation that I gave up.
Breakfast is only served for 1.5 hours so avoid sleeping late, but on the other hand you might be better of missing it and having breakfast somewhere else. The breakfast serving at this hotel is a joke. They probably just put it together as an after thought and it is pretty obvious that they don't spend a penny more than they have to on this. Toast with butter and jam, eggs, cornflakes with milk, juice and coffee. The juice was so bland you could hardly tell it was orange. The coffee was so weak it might as well have been tea. I guess the British and Americans will love it. The slices of cheese looked like they had been there for a day or two. It was an insult to anyone that value the breakfast meal. It also made paying that exorbitant price hurt even more. I will avoid this hotel in the future and I recommend anyone else doing the same.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joel H
Reviewed 3 August 2012

The hotel was enough for the 4 days we spent in London. The room was little but clean. The shower a bit small but useful and the breakfast could have been better but it was not terrible. It lacked of fruits but coffee was acceptable...the only problem were those "7 days" croissants, horrible!
Other than that the stuff was ok.
The location is very good, near Paddinton station...and with London ´s metro anything is possible...
To resume dont expect much but won ´t get dissapointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple