“Poor quality rooms”

Ranked #671 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Nottingham England
“Poor quality rooms”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is very central and this is no doubt one thing you pay fro in central London. I would expect rooms to be small however the one allocated to me was in the basement and smelt quite damp. The furnishings were also very tired! Noise from the trains/tube was also apparent. Breakfast although included was basic. I have stayed other hotels near here and know you can do better for similar money.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement rooms!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Costa Blanca
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was a solo traveller to London to see several West end shows and other attractions. This hotel was ideally situated just a few minutes walk from Victoria Coach station and bus stops. The journey to Leicester Square being about twenty five minutes, and even quicker by tube. My room was fairly small being on the fourth floor of a building opposite the main hotel. It was modern, very clean with comfortable bed and well appointed shower and loo. My only grumble was that it did not have a fridge in the room. The continental breakfast, costing six pounds, was good with ample choice of cereals, pastries toast etc. the staff were friendly and helpfully and I would stay here again and definitely recommend it as a good base for exploring the City.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jimsis
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I completely agree with your point. Comfort Inn Victoria is an ideal place to stay at for a perfect 'London Break. 'The nearby places of the hotel are the hub of everything that makes it a unique place in central London and we feel very proud of being a part of this place.

Please note that the continental breakfast is complimentary for all our guests. I'm glad you had a great stay. Thank you for recommending us!

Regards,
London
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on my last two trips to London and I found it to be clean comfortable and the staff very helpful in all ways. It is located within five minutes of Victoria rail and coach station and is very competitively priced for the service given. I would certainly recommend it to anyone visiting the city fir any type of break, I certainly will be using this hotel again in the near future.

Room Tip: Just ask the reception staff if you have any special needs, rooms on lower ground floor are the quie...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read as repeat guests you found the hotel and its customer service still of a good standard. We constantly invest in the hotel when possible. As you mentioned, the location is a wonderful spot for easy access to London attractions and shopping.

Thank you for staying with us. We'll look forward to your next visit!

Regards,
Alpine, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Comfort Inn Victoria in London recently and found it to be a good choice. It was in an older building with rather small rooms and sloping hallways. However the beds were good, the room was large enough for our needs, and it was clean. Our major complaint was that our room did not have an electrical outlet close to a mirror for curling our hair. Individual controls for heating/cooling work well. The hotel personnel were friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast in the basement was fine and included boiled eggs and cheese along with pastries, cereals, etc. The location is great and all sorts of shops and restaurants were within walking distance. We walked to the Apollo Victoria Theatre where we saw "Wicked." There is a good creperie/sandwich shop next door and a good tavern & restaurant across the street. Victoria Station, Victoria Coach Station and Victoria Metro Station were close as were Buckingham Palace. It was a good choice.

Room Tip: We had a room on the street and found it so interesting that it was worth the minor amount of street...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JudyP452
Dear Judy,

I am pleased to read that you have had a fine time here with us at Comfort Inn Victoria.
Thank you for such a lovely description of the hotel, its facilities, and service. We have a dedicated team working to achieve guest satisfaction and to maintain the hotel standards to their best.

Thank you for recommending our hotel. We trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kind regards,
Edinburgh
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is in very easy walking distance of both Kings Cross and Eurostar. Our room was quite small with no drawers but we only stayed one night so that was OK. The bathroom was gorgeous! Breakfast was in the basement when we were there in April and there was plenty of room. The staff were very pleasant and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

We're very happy to learn about your experience of staying with us. We'll definitely be looking forward for your next visit. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Rooms clean and decorated well however some rooms are very small cramped and not really fit to be classed as hotel room more broom cupboard size, breakfast consists of continental style in an area that doubles as reception also very cramped when busy with other guests

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I'm glad to know you found the rooms clean and comfortable. All the single and double beds are of standard European size.

Our complimentary continental breakfast is quite famous among the guests. The breakfast room can get a bit crowded as everyone makes sure not to miss the morning feast.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you in future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Due to the Chelsea Flower show, all London hotels were booked up and last minute prices were still very high - so I had to book this hotel or pay £120 more for a better one. I wish I had paid more. My view of hotels that need to put comfort, or quality in their titles generally means that are not those things. This was true here.

On check in I asked for a quiet room not over-looking the main road. He gave me the key and I checked, "this is a quiet room right?". He said yes it was facing the back. When we got to room 121 it was facing the road, right next to the traffic lights and above a coffee shop. There was a constant low hum in the room - which I later found out to be the air conditioning unit in the coffee shop below and room 123 has the air con from hotel reception.

I went back down to reception and he was very apologetic and said he would show me another room. He opened the door to room 124, which was facing the back, only to be greeted by a man in his underpants having an afternoon snooze on his bed! OMG.

I told him I would wait in room 121 until he sorted something out and after a few minutes he called to say room 305 was available. I went to reception to get the key and the room was on top floor third but still faced the road - but it was all he had.

Top of my list of issues with the room - the bathroom smelled really bad. I have been in public toilets that have smelled better. (I have been in worse to be fair!). The shower was dirty. Nothing seemed clean. The cold water came out warm and the free soap was really unpleasant.

The rooms are very small but not as small as the Radisson Edwardian I reviewed.

The bed was a 4ft 6in double and was comfortable enough but we were constantly worried someone else was going to walk in and there was plenty of noise during the night and we did not have a good nights sleep as Victoria is busy all the time - it seems. The hotel is right by some traffic lights so all night buses, taxis and loud motor bikes are waiting outside your window.

Breakfast was a basic self serve in the basement - that was OK.

Whilst there was nothing in the room there was a sign saying to ask if we needed anything, my wife did manage to get a shower cap - but it took some searching.

Room Tip: high room facing the back
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank s80chris
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Chris,

Sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction towards all the issues you’ve mentioned in your feedback.

Your review indicates we were not at our best but please note that this is not our standard practice. I have forwarded your comments to the concerned departments who will look at this matter and to find out what went wrong. If need be, we will contact you via TripAdvisor internal messaging system
Thank you for your honest and valuable feedback.

Abida.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels