“Visiting Roehampton Uni” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #119 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Chester, United Kingdom
“Visiting Roehampton Uni”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stay her reg when visiting our loved one at Roehampton Uni.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable , and the food - including breakfast is excellent.
It has a great atmosphere and outside area and is always buzzing with local residents.

Room Tip: It has a car park -unusual in London albeit it's quite small!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Flushed57
TheVic7rt, Front Office Manager at The Victoria, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hi Flushed57 - thank you so much for your lovely review, we really appreciate your feedback! Looking forward to having you back with us soon! --Team Victoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Although I was very much looking forward to my business trip to Richmond and staying at this hotel, I had to cancel for reasons beyond my control. All I can say is that I have very rarely met with such courtesy and equanimity from a hotel in such a situation (I have been travelling widely professionally in the UK for over a decade). If ever I have the need to be in that part of the world again, The Victoria will definitely my first choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ReiherSee
Antrim, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here for a visit to Wimbledon last week as an alternative to central London. The Victoria has a comfortable feel and very friendly staff. As a pub with rooms it provides simple accommodation but comfortable enough for an overnight stay.

The complimentary breakfast was good and the diner menu was good value.

The Victoria is in a quite location which is good but the downside is that if you are relying on taxis it is quite expensive to get about, £24 taxi fare to Wimbledon.

Overall we had a pleasant stay and thought it represented good value for the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rossbrin
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My daughter found this gem of a hotel when we were looking for accommodation for Wimbledon Tennis.
When we arrived we were made to feel very welcome, offered tea, coffee or a soft drink on the house. Actually it was a very hot day, we had driven form the northwest so had a beer and made ourselves very comfortable in the outside enclosed garden whilst waiting or our room.
The rooms are lovely with the best use of space.
We wanted to go to Kew Gardens so they booked us a taxi who was also very helpful, gave us a card and came back for us later.
Dinner was a BBQ outside which was very good, one of the best burger and chips I've had and it was helped by the beautiful weather.
Continental breakfast was excellent with artisan breads, cheese, salami and a lovely variety of cereals fruits and jam. The true sign of a good establishment, they made a really good cup of coffee.
Overall I can't find fault with this little hotel, rooms, food and particularly the staff were all fantastic - well done.
I will definitely stay next time I'm going to Wimbledon.
Thank you.

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms so it doesn't matter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheVic7rt, Front Office Manager at The Victoria, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words, LizEaves! We greatly appreciate all the feedback we receive, and are committed to continuously working to improve our standards and services, and exceed expectations at every opportunity. We hope to see you at The Victoria again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here for two nights alone and was absolutely delighted with the wonderful service I received from all the staff. During my stay I stopped off at the renowned Petersham Hotel for a glass of champagne and can honestly say that the service there had nothing on the staff of The Victoria, especially the lovely Rahim, who should be employed by The Petersham to train up their bar staff in how to welcome and look after customers. I ate in the restaurant in The Victoria both nights and had a wonderful two course meal for £14.50, beautifully cooked and presented. The menu is imaginative but reasonable and the restaurant seemed popular with locals and hotel residents. There is a lovely outdoor area, partially undercover, and the bar itself feels classy and welcoming. The cheese plate I had for dessert was sublime. Breakfast was included, described as 'continental' which did not do it justice, as it was a wonderful buffet of ripe fresh exotic fruits, organic yogurts, honey, jams, meats, cheeses, pastries, fresh juices, locally baked bread etc, all of which were top quality and delicious. The room was simple but clean and met all my needs, with nice touches like high quality soap, lovely towels and crisp bedding. Anything I asked for staff provided. All for a very reasonable price. I did lots of research to find a hotel within this price range, which wasn't easy in this area, but I definitely made the right choice and would highly recommend, even if you just fancy a meal or drink.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kym500
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, Kym500! We really appreciate your comments on our service, we're thrilled you enjoyed your stay - hope to have you back very soon!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

On business for a couple of days - had a lovely stay here. Rooms are clean and well appointed without being pretentious. Staff are helpful and the continental breakfast was excellent.

Ate twice in the bar, and on both occasions the simple food was fresh and well presented. Good value too. Only black mark was that it took half an hour to encourage someone to take my dessert order, then it disappeared into the kitchen and hadn't materialised after another 40 minutes. On pointing it out to them and asking to cancel my order, they were fantastic. A dessert appeared quickly and on the house, along with great coffee. I'm glad I waited - it was superb. That's the way to treat a slightly disgruntled customer!

It's the hotel regularly used by the company I was working with, and although it's off the beaten track for central London, I'm looking forward to future visits very much. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Raymond S
Thank you very much for your wonderful review, Raymond S! Your comments are greatly appreciated, and we work hard to use all our feedback to continually improve our service. We look forward to having you with us again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed with extended family and found it a superb choice, with friendly and attentive staff, great food, lovely location. The Victoria is a secret pleasure: even the fox we saw every evening added to its marvelous charm.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
The Paddington Hotel
Richmond Hill Hotel
Richmond Hill Hotel
#3 of 12 in Richmond
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,381 reviews

Been to The Victoria? Share your experiences!