“Do you REALLY want to see London and England??”
Review of Robinson Tours

Robinson Tours
Ranked #352 of 709 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello, I'm Michael Robinson owner and operator of Robinson Private Tours. As a FULLY QUALIFIED BLUE BADGE TOURIST GUIDE I can ensure that you get the most amazing experiences on your trip.I specialise in luxury private tours for small groups, especially families with children of any age.My passion is to explore the sites with you, bringing everything to life in an entertaining yet informative way. Getting around any long lines we might encounter is just one way in which we can pack as much in as possible without compromising the quality of your trip.There are so many incredible places to visit in the UK, why not let me take you to the ones that interest you the most, and some that you might not know about in my modern, 7 seater, air-conditioned vehicle - fully licensed and insured for 'driver guiding' in the UK.Every tour is flexible enough to make it bespoke to your requirements.
Hermosa Beach, California, United States
“Do you REALLY want to see London and England??”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My family was referred to Michael Robinson's tour service for our first trip to London. Our expectations were high and Michael surpassed them. First, Michael is a very personable, witty highly professional man. He is extremely punctual and well mannered and has a very easy style. His tours include much more than just transport to various sites with simple explanations. Michael was previously an academic art historian and his knowledge becomes readily apparent. His is very enthusiastic about sharing his knowledge with you. In addition, Michael explains British history, culture and traditions. We accomplished much more than we ever expected to during our five days with Michael. His service is worth every penny (pence?) and we will most certainly be seeking them on our next trip to London.

Visited August 2014

“Michael is the absolute best”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I stumbled onto Michael two summers ago. We were overwhelmed by his erudition, articulateness, charm, sense of humor and kindness. We have had roughly 35 different guides in cities across Europe over the last 8-9 years, of which several were quite good. But none compare favorably with Michael. He is not only the best; he is head and shoulders above the rest—in a whole different league. In fact, we enjoyed our time with Michael so much two summers ago that we planned our trip this year around more things we wanted to see with Michael. And, again, we were treated to the best guiding experience we have ever had. Over the two trips, we have been with Michael not only to many of the standard sites in London (along with some under-appreciated London gems Michael suggested)--but also to Oxford for a specially designed—by Michael-- “C.S. Lewis” tour we had requested, to Stratford on Avon and to Jane Austin’s home outside of Alton. Michael’s breadth and depth of knowledge, coupled with his marvelous personality, made even the longest day interesting, enlightening and very enjoyable. Normally, I cannot absorb as much information as I would like, but with Michael it came easily because of his unique way of conveying the information. And he is very flexible—offering suggestions as he gets to know your interests. Several times we changed itineraries slightly on the fly at his suggestion and they were always spot on. (We have also bought several of his books and they too are wonderful.) We feel so fortunate to have stumbled onto Michael; we know our future travel experiences will be richer for it.

Visited July 2014
“Great tour of the UK countryside”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Michael provided my wife and I with a first class tour lasting five days. Not only did the tour exceed our expectations, in addition we received a great history lesson concerning the areas that we visited. I can not say enough for the way we were treated by him. Jim B

Visited June 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Wow! Michael really sets the standard”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My family and I came to the UK with the idea of spending just one day with Michael, but we had such a great time we just had to ask Michael to give us more of his time. We ended up spending a further three days with him. His knowledge and ability to inform and entertain was far beyond anything we have previously experienced, Michael truly sets the standard that all other guides should aim for.
If you want to discover something special then book a trip with Robinson Private Tours and truly have a trip of a lifetime.
Thank you Michael, for a truly unforgettable visit to the UK, hope to come back for many years to come.

Visited November 2013
Bronxville, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family visits to London”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I cannot say enough words to convey the wonderful experience(s) I had with Michael. In October, 2013, I went to London with my mother-in-law and two sisters-in-law to visit my daughter, and Michael took us to Cambridge and to Chartwell and Hever Castle and on a tour of Westminister Abbey and The Churchhill War Rooms, and a drive through Richmond Park and then to Hampton Park. Each and every experience was easy and educational and fun - and all because of Michael. HIs experience and knowledge is endless and he is so awesome to be around, witty and with a great sense of humour. And because I knew I was going back in November with my mom and her husband, who is British, all my anxieties and trepidations went away when I knew Michael was free to be our guide. On this trip we stayed in London some - going on a walking tour of Wren's architecture and to St. Paul's Cathedral. Another day to the National Gallery. And we traveled a bit, to Stonehenge, stopping at a wonderful local pub for lunch, and then on to Salisbury Cathedral. Michael was so accommodating of all of our individual needs and my mom's husband truly found a new friend!! (As did we all but for him in particular, Michael's love of films and actors and books and authors, was so dear!) Michael absolutely made the trip more special - his patience and knowledge and experience were once again such an attribute and just being with him was fun! My schedule will take me back to London with my husband in the coming year, and I am so excited to know that I can reach out to him to guide me, to teach me, and to enjoy the wonderful England with me!

Visited November 2013