Open today: 07:30 - 22:00
Review Highlights
So needed right now.

Having previously floated in Jan at the Angel site, I thought I’d try Vauxhall. I wasn’t... read more

Reviewed 29 October 2020
powellala
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
A Psyconaut Dream

Visited with my boyfriend and mum. The place and stuff are the loveliest and calmest in the world... read more

Reviewed 9 June 2020
Aran C

Recommended experiences in and around London
from US$83.77
from US$37.31
from US$18.66
from US$22.66
More Info
All reviews surreal experience sensory deprivation float tank private pod explained everything birthday treat meditation vauxhall flotation session therapy womb limbs brain therapeutic release
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Went with three others for a float in the evening. Was first time for all of us, and we all loved it. The place has four float rooms so we could all go in, and finnish at the same time, then head upstairs to there chillout room for teas which i felt was nice as they give you plenty of time to chill after. I would go again, and it seems that others would too.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I was booked in for an early morning birthday float for my 30th and it was a fantastic start to the day. It was my first flotation experience and I was a bit dubious at first as I am more of a shower than a bath person and can get a bit claustrophobic.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. I was greeted by friendly, helpful staff, who gave me a quick induction on where everything was and some helpful tips on floating. The venue was quiet and peaceful.

I made the mistake of bringing my hair straighteners and toiletries. You really don't need to bring anything with you as they have shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Hair dryers and straighteners and cotton buds can be found in the aptly named Hollywood Room .

The Chill Out room was fabulous too, with a fantastic array of herbal teas.

As I am now a new floater (not sure if I enjoy being called that), my only tips to new floaters would be, do not get the water in your eyes (I did - but they have a water spray in the pod to rinse them out if that happens) and if your neck hurts, put your hands behind your head and interlink your fingers and relax (double check if that is OK to do with the staff first), I found that it really helped and I was able to fully relax and came out beaming!

Definitely coming back!

Carla

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The staff are incredible!.. the place itself is clean, tidy and easy to get to! It's literally a 2 mins walk from Vauxhall station... And above all, it's the perfect place to relax and have some 'ME' time!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Not a great start when I couldn't find the place - do not use your Google maps - takes you to the wrong place. The guy had to come find me. It was really hidden away!
Great introduction and was really excited and intrigued by this pending experience. Really good explanation of what to do etc. I am rather glad I brought my own flip-flops. Room seemed fine enough. Sadly, the good review ends here. There was absolutely no peace or relaxation achieved as the room I had was seemingly surrounded by a small herd of wildebeast being playfully chased by rhinos. There was banging and thumping like the wildlife above was attempting to convert the upper floor to a single pen - maybe to accomodate the giraffe that had apparently wandered by.
I tried hard to relax and embrace the float but by close to an hour of trying hard the only feeling I had was that the pod water was pretty cold and I was shivering. I had a long hot shower instead. I can do that at home. Much more cheaply. It is much more peaceful too.
I told the chap at reception at the end about my disappointment. His response was that that was the only noisy room here (so why would you use it at all?!) and that was a problem with being in London as space is a premium. I asked why set up a relaxation experience in that location if they know it is far from relaxing. He shrugged. Maybe they will set up their next salon on the 3rd lane of the M25.
Anyway, this was an interesting but really rather disappointing experience. In fairness, they did offer a free float another time but I doubt I will travel an hour each way to get a bit lost, cold and fed up just see if it is true that all the other rooms are silent and relaxing.

Date of experience: February 2017
3  Thank annakZ7050IV
ChrisPlowman, Owner at Floatworks, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Hi Anna

Thank you for your review, it is appreciated as we take all negative feedback very seriously.

We want to be the best we can be so it is very important we know when we get something wrong.

I would love to discuss in more detail with you to figure out some more details and provide a full refund, could you email me chris@floatworks.com?

Chris

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed my experience at Floatworks as it gave me pure tranquillity for an hour. The idea of being immersed in water and left to enjoy the peace was amazing!

Date of experience: June 2017