“Fairly good Budget hotel in Excellent location.”

Lancaster Court Hotel
Ranked #932 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Lancaster Court recently during an overnight stay in a London between flights.
The Location is fantastic with Hyde Park on your doorstep and the many places to eat and drink around Paddington station, just around the corner.
My room had private shower and sink, the shower was very small but just adequate for me.
The shared toilet was clean and tidy each time I visited.
Breakfast is basic but again ok for me .
Staff friendly during my stay .
There are no lifts so I had to carry my luggage up four flights of stairs and cleaning staff very noisy, if like me you need to sleep during the day.
I would however stay here again as it represents very good value for money in London.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank peteyp999

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

For £60 the hotel was excellent two minute walk to Paddington train and tube station.
Clean and friendly ... Read previous reviews don't know what their on about !!!!! ?????
Really for the price ... TV in room and shower with tea and coffee facilities ... It's not modern but if they refurbished it the price would go up.. I'm back their in Nov.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rothbert
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Travelling as a couple and after having a long day of travelling on the 12th June, we decided to book and stay at this hotel, which I can honestly say I regret big time. We had booked through booking.com, gave my card details just to secure the booking and for guarantee as we had wanted to pay cash upon check-in. Once we had arrived at the hotel and filling out the registration card I was then told that the hotel had tried to take payment from my card which infuriated me as this is against the policy of Booking.com.

We were given Room 11 which is on the ground floor. "Horrified" is an understatement of our shock. The room was grubby, the headboard of the bed looked like it hadn't been cleaned in god knows how long. Each time we wanted to use the shower or toilet the noise of the vent was intolerable. The only nicest thing about the room was the TV and the only thing which seemed to be up to date. we have never stayed in a hotel before where we had to give our room key to reception if we went out.

The pictures that this AWFUL hotel had posted on Booking.com is very misleading as we were not given a room like what was shown, it was 74 pounds (Bed and breakfast) on a dump. we went for breakfast the next morning all there was, was a few little glasses of juice, slices of cheese on a tray, some toast, boiled eggs and cereal in a plastic container. When we had asked the rude staff if that was all there was we were told "yes" so we decided to check out and go and have breakfast at McDonalds instead. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Thumberlina2009
Reviewed 24 June 2014

After our booking at another hotel fell trough the staff at Lancaster Court hotel helped us with a room, at first the only had a room for the noght but after talking to other guest they could give us the same room for the three nights we stayed, really great service! would stay there again if I would go back to London!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I will begin by saying the hotel staff is very friendly and try to help all they can. But the hotel itself is in bad need of many updates. It is the worst hotel I have stayed in and I have traveled to 84 countries and 47 states. The bathrooms a disrepair and the beds are old and sway-backed. I got it confused with another hotel I had stayed at in the same area. I recommend looking for another place to stay if you are considering this one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank BuffaloTravluvr
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Let's be positive to start with - the staff are helpful, bedding and towels are clean, the location is great with excellent links for buses and tubes - otherwise the hotel is awful!! The rooms are cramped the 'en - suite' (as they call it!) is a very poorly constructed cupboard with no room to move and absolutely no privacy! The toilet makes so much noise that you dare not flush it in the night for fear of disturbing every other resident. For us too it was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janet V
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, we didn't even entertain breakfast. I was bitterly disappointed at the standards here, certainly not acceptable in this day and age.
I hadn't read the reviews as this was a last minute booking & I couldn't find any accommodation to sleep my elderly mother, my daughter and I.
I would NEVER book here again.
To name a few problems, musty damp smell, no headboard, one flat pillow, no mirror in bedroom, no view, terrible decorative condition, people sleeping on the sofa in reception etc, just awful & I will never book here again if it was the last place on earth. Worn out, tired and in need of total refurbishment to say the least.

Stayed: May 2014