“Great hotel - great value”
Review of Lidos Hotel

Lidos Hotel
Ranked #433 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over the st patricks weekend, there were four of us ans we had a family room which consisted of a double bed and 3 single beds.

We arrived in London very early and were able to leave our bags at the hotel while we explored. Any staff that we encountered were all very helpful and friendly.

The hotel is in a great location theres a bus stop outside and 10mins walk from victoria station. Breakfast was continental and was served between 7-9am.

I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone travelling to London.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank belfastchick87

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We re just back from a great weekend in London with our two children ,We stayed three nights in this hotel and found everything fantastic from the room to the staff. There was a good choice for breakfast ,although it was continental . The rooms was i bit small for 4 of us but it was very comfortable .We were about ten minute walk from the Victoria tube station and 5 min walk from Pimlico tube st. . There is also bus no. 24 right outside which will take u to Leicester square .Great Value for city weekend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EvelynR R
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I’m very glad that I booked this hotel. I was looking for something located nearby Victoria and most of the prices were too high. Hotel Lidos is a cheaper option (not dead cheap, but cheaper than many in the area), with more quality than other hotels in Pimlico in which I stayed before. Everything in the hotel is very new and looks like the building has been refurbished recently. There’s a very new lift, fast and silent. Locks were modern too, contact less cards. Wi-fi worked very well in the rooms and the signal was very good all around.

The room was very clean as well, so no complain at all in that matter. It was pretty small but the space was more than enough for me alone. Although I suspect that my room was a double, so it was probably a bit tight for two. However, the bed was big enough and very comfortable. Lots of pillows! I was at the back, so quite silent except for the people opening doors at night in the same corridor. But I use earplugs, so no biggie. There was a flat TV on the wall opposite the bed and two small bed side tables and lamps over them. There’s a desk area with a seat, a big mirror, hairdryer, kettle (with tea and coffee), phone and two plugs for recharging gadgets. Also next to it, the window and heater, that worked really well. It was never cold inside the room. At the back of this area, there was a set of hangers for the clothes and extra pillows and a blanket (that I didn’t need).

The bathroom was very clean, with a toilet, basin and shower. Also, plenty of clean towels and two soap dispensers in the shower and at the basin. The bathroom is also tiny, but fine for one person. The only problem I had was getting a hot shower. I just managed to get lukewarm water. I guess that it happens at times when everyone is using the shower in the morning? There was hot water in the basing though.

It was also great having free breakfast included in the rate. It was a continental type, but there were plenty of things to choose from: coffee, tea, cereal, juices, yoghurts, cheese, ham, toasts, pastries, croissants… I had enough with all that!

The reception people was very nice, specially the girl that was there when I arrived. I only had a slight problem with the man at night, when he called me a bit later on the very early wake up call. But it wasn’t a big problem in the end. They can save your luggage before check in or after check out, although I didn’t need to use the service.

Transport options are perfect: there’s a bus stop for number 24 right at the door that brings you to the hotel from Camden and all the centre area. At the other side of the street is the stop that takes you there. Pimlico tube station is very close and Victoria just 10 minutes away, with another tube station and trains, like the Gatwick ones. Victoria Coach Station is just 5 minutes away as well, with more buses connections inside the city.

So really happy discovering this hotel in this area and sure I will be back when I need to stay nearby Victoria Station.

Room Tip: Rooms are more silent at the back. Belgrave Road is a busy street.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here 10Feb 2014 and had a very pleasant stay. The hotel's bedrooms and en suite are quite small but extremely clean. Tea and coffee making facilities with generous selection of both including herbal teas. Soap and shower gel provided and hair dryer too. TV in the room. Staff are extremely helpful, courteous and friendly. Continental breakfast fairly basic but adequate. No 24 bus stops right outside the front door and on the opposite side of the road is where you board for Victoria, Westminster, for the Abbey and Houses of Parliament. Bus carries on past Horseguards Parade, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square for theatres and on eventually to Hampstead Heath. In fact it is like a mini tour of the sites! If travelling back from Euston, get off the 24 at Warren St and board a No 91 or 390 for a bus right into the station. Easier than using the Tube! We had a good night's sleep with no traffic sound or early morning deliveries etc. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the fourth (top) floor with brand new carpets in the corridors and room itself.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joanie100
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed here for a night whilst on business. It was a late booking and the price attracted me, which is sometimes a risk in London, but it turned out fine.
Location wise, its around a 7 minute walk from Victoria train station, and the street you walk down has a few decent looking Indian, Mexican and Chinese restaurants plus the obligatory Starbucks if you need somewhere for a coffee or a meal in the evening.

As other reviewers have pointed out, its not the biggest place in the world, and equally the rooms aren't the biggest either. But if you are looking to see London on a limited budget, then you could do an awful lot worse than this place.

The welcome was friendly, the reception area was clean and decorated to a good standard.

As it turned out, although I was on my own, I ended up with a family room which had 3 beds in it, 2 doubles and a single. The room coped with 3 beds, but I can imagine it would be cramped with a whole family in there for a week with cases and clothing.

Again, the room was clean, nothing grubby and the bathroom was spotless and looked like it had recently been refurbished. The shower pressure wasn't brilliant, but it was sufficient.

Overall, for the money, it represents good value and there are lower quality hotels available at higher prices in London. If I was in the area again for a single night, I'd go back.

Room Tip: A room at the front will get traffic noise from the main road outside. I had a front room but had ea...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dyet92
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Cheap hotel in central London. Fantastic location. Bus stop in front of hotel. Small but clean rooms with tea and coffee facilities. Continental breakfast included. Kind and helpful staff. Pertect for short stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SecretCLIENT
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights mainly for business purposes, because of the close proximity to Westminster. The hotel is right next to the bus stop at which the number 24 stops, which goes through Victoria, Westminster and up towards Oxford Road and Hampstead Heath.

To be honest, at £98 for 2 nights, I wasn't expecting much for my money! But on arrival, I found that the reception was modern, airy and welcoming. The gentleman on the desk was helpful and polite also. There is even a lift to get you to one of the 4 upper floors. My room too, while small, contained a queen bed, over and above the single I had booked, and was clean, modern and quiet. The bathroom was fitted with modern white fixtures, and had towels and hand soap provided.

With a kettle, tea, coffee and fruit tea, a small LCD TV, wardrobe space with hangers and a desk space with mirrors, I was over the moon!

For central London, the area itself was quiet and I had a good night's sleep on both nights. This is coming from a northern girl who rarely hears a peep from her neighbours at home!

Breakfast is provided continental style between 7am and 9am, and while basic is more than adequate for a budget hotel, and consists of juices, coffees, tea, bread, pastries, meat, cheese and yoghurt. There are staff members around to offer assistance if necessary.

Overall, this hotel is a little gem, worth it's weight in gold. I'm glad I stayed, and hope to have the opportunity to stay again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business