“Basic, clean, tiny room”
Review of Lidos Hotel

Lidos Hotel
Ranked #424 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here with my partner as we were attending a gig in Brixton and needed someone to crash near Victoria for the trains the next day.

The welcome wasn't brilliant - I think the guy on the reception desk could learn how to smile and not demand "PASSPORT" in his first sentence. He wasn't hostile however, and ultimately was helpful about where Pimlico tube station is, the quiet local pubs versus the noisy ones etc.

We could only get a triple room for the two of us. Wow, it was small! There is barely any floor space at all, which didn't bother us as it really was just a place to crash.

The room was clean but sweltering hot - even with the window open the heat didn't really seem to diminish.

At check in we'd asked for a room at the back - none were available. The noise from the road was present for the whole night - not great, but not the fault of the hotel.

Everything in the bathroom was clean and functional.

The breakfast was very reasonable - it's continental style, with plenty of everything.

The free wi-fi is a nice touch.

All told I can happily recommend this hotel as a place to crash when you want to keep costs to a minimum in central London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back for a less noisy night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 April 2014

As is the norm for me I booked the Lidos due to having an early start at work the following day.

Having read the reviews on here I wasn't exactly expecting much however upon arrival I was pleasantly suprised. A warm friendly welcome, a bit of banter here and there and I was given the key to my room.

I paid for a single room and despite the hotel being quite full I was allocated a double. Normally hotels on the Belgrave Road are basic and leave a lot to be desired however this was definitely not the case here.

An ample sized double room, an en suite with plenty of room, basic toiletries supplied, a writing desk and even a wardrobe area. This is by far the best 'budget' hotel I've stayed in on the Belgrave Road.

I did use the guest Wifi however I would strongly advise you NOT to use it. Within seconds of connecting I was bombarded with Windows Kernal messages from UAC (Windows 7). Being an IT person I knew there was something trying to infect my machine as it from coming from a 192.168.x.x address. A full scan found a Cryptolocker, the worst kind of virus as it completely takes over your machine. In all fairness this could have been someone else messing about or there is a machine on the network that is infected. Regardless of this there are steps that the hotel can take to protect guests from this kind of activity.

That aside I went for breakfast the following morning and it was very good considering it was free. A continental type breakfast with toast as a 'hot' option. Plenty of Tea and coffee and I was very happy with that.

Another quick chat with the same guy from the night before on reception and I was on my way.

I have since tried to rebook at the Lidos but it does seem quite busy and I just can't match the price I had originally which is a shame but I will always try them before anyone else on Belgrave Road.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank awpainter
Reviewed 8 April 2014

What a great little hotel. Excellent price for an expensive city. Location is so good. Bus stop right outside the door and costs £2.40 and ten minutes into the city. Staff very helpful especially girl when we checked in on Friday , answered all our questions in a helpful manner. Shari at reception was also brilliant and made us feel right at home. The free storage facility for luggage was an added bonus .. The rooms are not huge ,but this would not stop me staying there again...
All in all I loved Lidos and would recommend without hesitation. Thanks to everyone for a great stay..

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eamonn F
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I recently stayed here with a group of friends. Reason for trip was girls weekend away, shopping, bit of sightseeing and exploring the nightlife! Lidos ticked every box. Very swift check in and the lady at reception was very helpful and gave us lots of info about how to get into Oxford Street area and which was handiest and easiest route to take. Bus stop is right across the road from the hotel to take you into the heart of London - this was great as we passed lots of famous landmarks on the way so it was a lovely route to take. Victoria Coach Station a 10/15 minute walk, we managed it with 2 cases each therefore it isn't too difficult a trek. The hotel was very clean and provided free wifi. The only downside was for 3 girls sharing, the room was a little on the small side!!! We couldn't unpack properly as we had no room to store our clothes or cases but other than this, it was a lovely experience and I will definitely stay here again next time im in London. Staff allowed us to leave our cases at hotel both on arrival and check out so we could go explore the city further while waiting for our flights home. Staff were friendly and the location was fantastic. Great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was traveling with 3 teenagers and found this hotel excellent value for money.
Breakfast was adequate and plentiful.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Room was spotless and comfortable.
What is not to like for the price??

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

After a bit of difficulty with one member of staff during the check-in process, we (a family of 3) checked-in and took the lift to our room. It was clean and a good size with some simple amenities such as a hair-dryer, towels, tea and coffee etc.

The hotel is a 15 minute flat-road walk from Victoria station and the HMRC passport office (one of our main reasons for staying in the area). There is a bus stop right outside the hotel, so there are also good transport links for those who have difficulty walking.

The breakfast range was small but sufficient and great value for the price of the hotel. The breakfast room is a little cramped, so I would recommend going to the breakfast room earlier as stated in the hotel information folder.

I visit London fairly regularly on business away from family, and I would definitely stay here again. In fact, it would be my first search option in the future. Thanks for a wonderful stay Lidos Hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We absolutely love everything about this Hotel.
Easy,fast and friendly Check in with Milly,she is a Gem!
The whole Place is spotlessly Clean and it has a very modern,chic look.
Our Room was Perfect,it containt all You need.
Room was cleaned Daily,towels fresh everyday.
Breakfast offers All You need to start Your Day and be ready to explore the City.
All Staff are very friendly and Reception is occupied 24H.
The Location of the Hotel is Perfect.
We will return for Sure! :-)

• Stayed: March 2014