“Spotless and friendly”
Review of Lidos Hotel

Lidos Hotel
Ranked #430 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights as a couple in double room.The room was very small but was well equiped with all facilites. Breakfast is continental and more than adequate. All areas in the hotel are kept in a spotless state. The postion on belgrave road and by number 24 bus stop is perfect for exploring the city sights. Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as a venue to stay on a short break.

• Stayed: September 2014

Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Very clean, lovely staff. Close to the underground. One stop from Buck Palace, three stops from Oxford Street. In fact every destination was only minutes away.

Breakfast was enough but not sure about tinned fruit salad. Could extent it to ten o'clock?

Will definitely stay again. The price is right and the beds comfy.

Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank JulesT17
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I booked the Lidos Hotel at the last minute because it was so reasonably priced and the location was excellent for my business appointment.

The reception was , contemporary and clean which carried on through out the hotel. Plug ins in the hallways gave the hotel a lovely fresh small. The hotel was very quiet and my room had a lovely French window, that opened, allowing fresh air in.

Maybe the rooms are not large but mine was spotless, very clean with every thing I needed. The staff were friendly and very helpful.
I found the breakfast room bright and airy,The continental breakfast is more than adequate,

This is a budget hotel that gives that little bit extra.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank poolsedge
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My friend and I had a twin room for one night. From the photos was worried it would be tiny. The room was more than big enough for both of us however, the en suite was a bit small if you have shopping elbows. If you are staying in the hot weather I would recommend you take a fan as there is no air con.The location was fab as we travelled by coach and printed off the route to the hotel on google maps. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would definately stay again for the price I paid. I am now looking at when I can go again but with my 6 year old.

Room Tip: Twin room great for overnight. Not much room if you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here in July. Reasonably priced. Room very small and being on the top floor with only a tiny window it was far too hot. A fan which we got from reception did help a little. However we were out and about until late each evening so wasn't a huge problem. Continental breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. Hotel very clean. All the staff were helpful and friendly. We wouldn't hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had an average stay at Lidos, although we did appreciate the great location. With rooms the size of an average Canadian's toilet, we were initially surprised, but made do. What these rooms need in warm London summers are standing fans. I was actually sweating at one point, but managed to have a decent night's sleep when the temperature dropped later on. We missed breakfast due to the restrictive 7 - 9 am opening period which could be more generous. The bathrooms were small but were reasonably modern, and although small, the room was clean and tidy. I might stay here again, but not before I checked out Premier Inn and in particular easyhotel, which I noticed was nearby and had advertised rates of 59 quid and up, which was less than half of what I paid to stay at Lidos.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I paid over USD200 a night, for a room as big a closet and a bathroom so tiny it looked a lot as the one in the airplane. But it is London, and you know there are not many options unless you are willing to pay over USD300 a night!!. Having this in mind, I do think Lidos was a correct choice, but I won’t stay there again.

The room was tiny with just enough room to leave our luggage. It seemed clean and quite new. I am told every hotel room in London is like a matchbox, so this is no different from any other.

The clerk barely spoke English, but was very kind and tried to give directions as best as he could.

Location: Although it was far away from the main tourist attractions, Victoria area is very beautiful and your are close enough to the rail and subway station. Bear in mind that if your are travelling with a stroller as I did, not many subway stations have elevators or proper means to get to the platform. It was really a nightmare so we took the bus most of the time (Bus #24 stops just outside the door).

Breakfast was almost OK, just passable. It was very basic, with bread, croissant, ham, cheese, yogurt and cereal. Coffee was like drinking dirty water and the orange juice could be mistaken with flavored water!!. There were no hot options, no beans, no eggs, just bread. If you stay there for more than 2 days you get really tired of toasts and weal coffee!!. The Breakfast Room is in the basement and quite small I might say, plus it is only served between 7 and 9!!!! Amazing. I am on vacation, maybe I want to sleep a little more than usual and have my breakfast at 10??? No, you cannot. And get there early or wait in line, as the room cannot fit all the guests.

In conclusion, it really hurt to pay so much for so little, but I know there aren’t many other choices in London. Next time I will go to another place for sure. I will give it a 6 out of 10.

Room Tip: There are rooms in the basement. Try to avoid them. Breakfast room is also situated in the basement.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family