“Best little hotel I've stayed in”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Caring Hotel

Caring Hotel
Ranked #501 of 1,090 Hotels in London
San Francisco, California
“Best little hotel I've stayed in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

My stay in London was brief, and I just wanted a decent place to sleep for not much money. This hotel was recommended to me and I was glad to have it. My room was clean as a whistle, and the staff was outstanding -- helpful as could ever be expected. And it was so quiet -- couldn't believe I was in the middle of London. Well located too -- not far from a tube stop. Very close by was a Greek restaurant with the best minestrone soup I've ever had.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Asarina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Very helpful, friendly & funny staff. Hotel was nice & clean, but room was very small. Bed was against wall (to maximize space) so always woke up right next to a wall. No AC, safe, fridge or lift. Luckily on May 8th the weather was wonderful so the AC or fridge were not needed. There wasn't an ice machine (not unusual), but night staff was able to get some ice for us on our last night. Breakfast was plenty & good. Towels were worn & need to be replaced. Very close to Hyde Park & to Bayswater & Queensway metro stations. Kensington Palace & Diana's Memorial Fountain within walking distance. Access to all attractions made easy by the metro or bus systems. I would definitely return and recommend hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I went to London on a leisure trip for four days before Good Friday. I just wanted to tour the museums all day and have a clean quiet room with a private bath to come to at the end of a long touring day. I wanted something reasonably priced and did not care much about all the luxuries offered at the high priced hotels.

I chose the Caring Hotel based on price and reviews. As I was travelling light, I took the underground from Heathrow and walked from Bayswater tube station to the hotel. It was approximately a ten minute walk. If you choose to do the same pay attention to the buildings’ numbering in Craven Hill Gardens as it is a bit confusing.

The hotel has a superb location within a few minutes walking distance from Bayswater, Queensway and Paddington tube stations. There are plenty of ethnic restaurants, supermarkets and some shops near these tube stations which make it very convenient.

Some reviews stated that the rooms are small, this is true but I did not care much about that as the room and bathroom were clean. Clean towels were provided every day and the room was very quiet. The only drawback for me was that the Internet signal in the room was very weak and I had to go near the reception to be able to check my email. I believe they need to boost this Internet signal as this does not cost much nowadays.

My usual breakfast at home is diet cereal, toast, honey and maybe a boiled egg every now and then and that is exactly what the hotel provided so I was happy with that. They do not provide the full English breakfast but it was fine with me. As the hotel was full, I found that the breakfast room tables were usually occupied and I had to share tables with other guests. The breakfast staff was very helpful, cheerful and accommodating.

I had a great time at the museums of London and was happy to find a clean room and bed at the end of the long day. The Caring Hotel IS the place to stay, if you are looking for a clean quiet room with a continental breakfast. It was a good value for the price paid. I would definitely stay there again if I come back to London.

Room Tip: The Caring Hotel IS the place to stay, if you are looking for a clean quiet room with a continental...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Fouad A
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel a couple of times during my trip to England in April 2013. The staff were very friendly, room was very clean, very good breakfast and it is close to 3 tube stations. I have been a very regular customer in this hotel since 2004 and I have never had a bad thing to say about the place. I really do think this is the best stay in London. I recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank laurenceyounger
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

This was our second stay at the Caring Hotel and we would be happy to return again. The location is convenient for Paddington Station, breakfast is good, staff vey helpful and friendly and the room was clean and well serviced. The room we stayed in this time was a double with shower and not as spacious as the triple room we stayed in previously. all in all though, the Caring Hotel is a good choice for a short stay in London.

Room Tip: Go for the doubles with ensuite or the triples.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Riverview, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

Convenient between 2 tube stations in the Bayswater west end. All London Hotels are overpriced this one is no exception but sort of reasonable based on others around this area. Great friendly staff, adequate breakfast but closes at 9am. No elavator but this visit we got a one flight up room with our own bathroom(very small). Many rooms use common bathrooms but they are very clean as we had booked during the Olympics. The hotel is kept very clean which is a plus. If you are not ready when they want to clean your room you get skipped till next day, they leave 2 towels. In fact you only get 2 medium bath towels anyway, that are pretty rough, no shampoo. It won a 2012 Trip Advisor award. Again you have to consider that London has hundreds of hotels and most appear to be overpriced and mediocre - but then nothing beats London as a City destination.

Room Tip: Get lower floor room or be prepared for walk with luggage.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert B
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

Great budget choice. Quiet location with clean, we'll kept functional rooms. Good breakfast and wifi service. Only down side - the curtains were inadequate and barely covered the window leaving the room very light through the night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business