“Meh”
Review of My Place Hotel

My Place Hotel
Ranked #912 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Location was great but honestly,... the bed was so bad and the place was so small..
If you don't care about sleeping no biggie because its right next to the tube station so location was greatttt

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cindy L

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed here for one night after a night out in town. First impressions are that the hotel is uncared for - broken vending machine in reception. The back garden has got lots of stuff thrown in it.
Our room was very small and when we got into bed, we realised that the duvet cover was stained. The receptionist on duty was pleasant and allocated us another, larger room - however the duvet was also filthy in that one.
The bedding in the third room seemed to be cleaner, but overall the room itself was pretty shabby - greying net curtains, dirt in the corners, stained carpet.
It was also incredibly noisy outside but the room was too hot to bear with closed curtains.
Breakfast was adequate - toast and cereal.
I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The hotel is ok for the price and the staff is very polite. Breakfast is average. My room was very small and very hot. WIFI didn't work, but all the neighbours have unrestricted wifi. Great location.

Room Tip: The road side rooms seem to be bigger.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DanishCritic
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I was staying 4 nights in this hotel as I was for work in London. Wifi was not in my room, and the staff put me in another room, where I had wifi now and then (despite their ad that there is free wifi all over the hotel). Room was not clean: I looked into a broken showerhead with layers of dirt inside. The shower was leaking like a waterfall. Breakfast was terrible: 4 slices of toasted white bread with jam, ham or cheese. Most depressingly, the room had no windows, only just below the ceiling, and on floorlevel (so to have a view I put my head on the floor. But the windows were not cleaned in at least a year).

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I previously stayed at a hotel in London where my room was literally the size of a closet. So I wasn't expecting much when I checked into My Place. Well I was pleasantly surprised as my room was literally the size of an attic.

I stayed here for a week with a friend and the room was adequate with a fridge, closet and night stand. There is free wi-fi in the lobby and breakfast area. Breakfast was sufficient as well with toast, boiled eggs, cereal, ham, cheese, yogurt, and coffee machine.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank BKHKGal
Reviewed 15 January 2012

It was planned to stay four nights, but we left after two nights. Run down hotel, very small room, the staff seemed a bit overwhelmed, rates are overpriced. The Holiday Inn Express one km away is 200% better.

Room Tip: On the first floor you have wifi
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank CharlesBern
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Staff on front desk helpful, room not ready for 2.45 check in, but after a massive whinge we were upgraded to another room. Upgraded makes it sound like a nicer room, but the carpets were filthy, the bath was dirty, the water took aged to heat up and there was no matress protector on the bed....
The waiting staff for the breakfast were surly, and the toast was cold. The milk was off and the selection poor.
All that being said, it was only £65 for the two of us, which is cheap.for London so you totally get what you pay for!

• Stayed: December 2011