“Crap hotel in good location”
Review of My Place Hotel

My Place Hotel
Ranked #920 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

What can I say rubbish hotel that could be good but desperately needs an overhaul or carry on trying to suck the life out of the lower budget end market. Stay in a branded hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank colpen

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have just come back from a 3 night stay at My Place and had a very nice stay. I would not recommend this hotel if you are expecting the same amenities as you would find in one of the typical chain hotels. My Place is a small, independently run hotel and this is what I found really nice and unique about this hotel. My room was fine and clean and very quiet, breakfast was perfectly adequate and the staff were extremely kind and helpful. They don't have tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms, but do have a coffee machine in the lounge which is free of charge and available all day! I will definitely be recommending My Place to my friends and will be returning next time I am in London.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ann p
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed at this property 3 nights at 85GBP per night with breakfast - that is $130 US per night. Upon arrival you are greeted by the overwhelming odor of cheap disinfectant. My bed’s mattress had a hole in the middle of it that you could put three fingers in, and come out the underside of the mattress. The glass curtains, at the window, are so old and dirty, you didn’t want to touch it. . The hotel advertises a garden, which is large and was once probably very pretty. Today it looks like a “junk yard” with old toilet seats piled up at the rear.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Virginia M
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The only thing good was the location, clost to Earl's Court tube which was great for getting to airport. Rooms were small and very cramped. We reserved a twin room which they gave to someone else and then put us in two singles that didn't even fit a suitcase. The AC was broken and the window barely opened. One room had a low window with bars on the inside for safety, but you couldn't open the gates to open/close the window so it was sweltering. Wiring for TV and lights hung loosely from the ceiling and the TV could only be watch lying flat on the bed as it was almost mounted to the ceiling. Didn't seem clean, no amenities and staff less then accomodating. Very run down, bar was there, but no one available to assist. Outdoor space has so much potential but it looked like years since anyone cared. Thankful we only had one night before we returned to the states.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DClif
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Good: Location (proximity to Tube station, and shops/restaurants). Bad: The last guest in our room had closed the safe door. We asked the front desk people 4 times in 2 days to open it for us before someone actually came. We had been there 3 days before we could finally use it. And you get charged 1 pound a day.
My friend had a foot injury and when she asked for ice, they didn't have any. Very small room.
Same breakfast every day, and even if they just opened up, they would run out of plates/silverware, and food. Patrons leaving the club sang very loudly one night and woke me up.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CSJNewYork
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I was nervous about staying here after reading the reviews and I was right to be.

First the good points: nice staff. On reception and great location in Earls Court by the tube and exhibition centre. Comfortable mattress

Bad points: public areas are very old and carpets looked very unclean; I asked for a room facing the gardens but it was still VERY noisy from the late-bar; the room looked as if it hadn't been touched since 1980, very dated and it felt unclean but that may just have been because everything was do old.

Overall: I know £105 for a single isn't unusual for this area but I would not recommend staying here even for a night if noise or cleanliness are factors for you. The easy hotel would've been a better choice in hindsight and at less money

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank kiangarin
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nothing to write home about. Hard mattress, flat pillows, dirty phone, dirty remote, old dingy blankets, room warm and stuffy, even with window open in April- can't imagine it during the summer. Breakfast... not much there, hard boiled eggs, big bowl of yogurt , lunch meat, in fact never ate it, went out every morning. Card kept de-magnitizing, in fact every day of a week stay, small inconvenience but annoying none the less. But the biggest complaint I have is the night club located in the basement. Kept us up well past 2:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday even later than that because a fight broke out and spilled into the streets, police were called and the event went on for well over 2 hours. Had to be up early to catch a flight, no sleep at all. One positive- location close to tube, grocery store and McDonald's.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family