My Place Hotel
US$181
US$429
US$230
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$196
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$302
US$299
US$251
US$237
Official Site
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Plug adapter for continental travellers not available at reception.Only 5 local TV channels. The so called Bar&Lounge did not open the 3 nights I was there. A 4 transformed into 5 storey building means that I had half a window (a premiere in my all travelling experience) protected with a fence to avoid a child falling out.Old furniture in bad condition. Laptop at reception with internet access disabled: no chance to check in prior to drive to Heathrow. Weared for a so called 3*

Room Tip: The only remarkable qualities are: the fast access to city center and Heathrow and a couple of good pub´s close by (Earl´sCout Road in front of tube station)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Manuel B
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Good central location. Easily accessable to all the main attractions. Friendly informative staff. Good value for money for a central london hotel. We stayed here as a family and were very happy with our stay. We would recommend this hotel to other travellers.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nicola k
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We were delighted with our stay here. The room was absolutely fine, despite all the previous reviews. The location is brilliant - Earl's Court station is just round the corner and you can easily get to most places from here. We also decided to eat out each night and didn't really know where to go. The manageress of the hotel was particularly helpful, offering us some great recommendations in and around the area. She also went out of her way to make sure we had enjoyable stay. I will definitely be returning to My Place for my next London trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bingonator
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at the My Place Hotel in early October 2012. On arrival, there was nowhere to park and nobody in the hotel could understand us. Also when being advised where to park, we were given a parking ticket / fine, although the hotel states that this was because our tax disc was covered, this WAS NOT the reason, as the ticket stated ALL THE DETAILS on our tax disc, it was because the hotel wrongly informed us to park here.

The lounge/bar area was closed due to 'not enough' staff being present as the only member of staff was the receptionist. In our room, the mattress was too small for the bed (resulting in my legs being bruised etc from banging my leg off the wood), the doors which open on to a SHARED balcony ..DID NOT LOCK causing our stay worrying/distressing as we had all of our belongings in our room which was open to the possibility of thiefs! The RECEPTIONIST even said herself that SHE WOULD NOT STAY THERE and would send somebody up to fix the door the following day ..this never happened! I was also told that the door lock has been broke for sometime now.

We also could NOT SLEEP due to the room having no air conditioning, no windows and the balcony doors (as it was a shared balcony with a broken door with locks did that NOT LOCK). You can also hear people walking/running around the hotel and the people in the room next door.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND anybody to stay in this hotel ..unless you want your belongings to be at risk of being taken due to the locks being broken on the door ..very disappointed.

[I have reposted this review as I wrongly stated the title of my review which could have been viewed as misleading ]

Room Tip: Try to get a room where the door lock works.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank SMT90
myplacehotel, General Manager at My Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Unfortunately, in Earls Court it is extremely difficult to park on the roads located around the hotel (as is the case in London in general). We generally advise guests to park in a nearby carpark to avoid receving a ticket or indeed getting their car clamped and subsequently having to pay a huge fine to retrieve a vehicle. To clarify: there are 'pay and display' bays located on the roads around the hotel, but you need to make sure you are actually in a 'pay and display' bay, not on a yellow line or in a 'residents' bay. If my memory serves me correctly both I and the owner of the hotel were trying our best to assist you when you arrived. The owner even called up the council on your behalf to see if you could park in a residents bay as you had a disabled badge. He was informed that you were able to do this, but unfotunately you received a ticket because you had covered up your tax disc, not because you were misinformed by us.

I absolutely refute your comment: 'Don't stay here unless you want your belongings taken' as this implies that your belongings were taken. This was not the case at all and never has never been the case since the hotel opened in 1973! Each balcony door is fitted with a lock and it is therefore deeply concerning that these dishonest comments can be permitted on this site.

Yours faithfully,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2012

When booking a hotel and being on a budget, I don't expect much from it. My Place took me by surprise! The staff was very friendly and eager be of service. The room was totally ok for such small price, the bathroom clean and everything worked as it should. We learned that breakfast didn't start until 8 AM (must be a problem for anyone on a business trip) but the staff offered to serve me and my colleague an earlier breakfast and the next morning we could eat a perfectly good continental breakfast! I would definitely recommend My Place!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden is quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business