“It Was Value For What It Was”
Review of My Place Hotel

My Place Hotel
Ranked #919 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Brisbane, Australia
“It Was Value For What It Was”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

AUD $125 per night (Twin). We were pretty happy with our 5 night stay at this place. As previous posts state, it is well situated close to the Tube and with just a small walk you can catch a bus into the city (Zone 2). Plenty of places for meals and small convenience supermarkets will keep you going. Found the best coffee was Costa just around the corner in the main street but they don’t open till 7am. Staff were friendly but were lacking in tourist information. We were on the 4th floor street side and there was quite a lot of street noise early in the morning. Yes the room was small and yes the bathroom was small that is pretty much the norm in the Europe for the sort of money we were paying. Breakfast was plentiful - cereal, yogurt, tea/coffee, toast, jam, boiled eggs, cold pressed meat and it was that every day. Even managed to get myself a couple of extra eggs to take for lunch. The staff were pleasant, especially the breakfast staff. They have a lot of brochures in the foyer but that’s the extent of their traveller assistance. I made inquiries about a phone call to Selby and busses into town and the receptionists (both people that were asked) were of no help. Was disappointed there were was no coffee or tea making facilities but they do have that available downstairs in the breakfast room 24hrs (Help Yourself) but it would be nicer in the room. Free wifi was a bonus. You do have to go down to the breakfast room to use it but I did from time to time manage to pick it up in my room. I would book with them again after I compared what else was available at the time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank PeterJ112

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Best value for your money...rest assured it will be well spent! Earl's Court Tube station around the block with all the restaurants, pubs & shops you will need in a 2 block area. Extremely helpful, courteous staff allowed me to check in early with my airline using their computer. Only complaint is wifi only in the lobby and part of 1st floor? Love their small refridgerators to keep my drinks cold for an after hours drink;) I have stayed here about 6 times now and I always try to stay here when in London. Serves my needs extremely well as I'm a get up early in the morning type and go out exploring this great city and attend Chelsea F.C. matches at Stamford Bridge Stadium which is only 2 stops away at Fulham Broadway tube station :-)

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Napsea2012
Naples, Italy
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great postion to visit London and its beautiful places. The Hotel has been satisfactory, the personnel employed also. I've stayed into 4th floor, the bedroom and bathroom has been cleaned every day. Recommened.
Ask about 4th floor.

Room Tip: I've been in the 4th floor. The room are very good.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Gennariino
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This hotel provides very good value for its location near the Earls Court stop on the Piccadilly line. There are several grocery stores and many restaurants in the area. It is a short (20 minute) walk to major attractions like the Albert Hall and the Natural History Museum. The Thames River path is also a short walk away. Rooms are small, as is to be expected for this price in London. Service is friendly. Shampoo and shower gel were provided in the rooms. I dealt with four staff in a short stay, and they were all friendly and helpful. People who are sensitive to noise might request a room facing away from the street and a higher floor.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MobileAntipodean
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We just returned from. 3-night stay here and we were very pleased with our experience. The room was clean, and the service was excellent. It is conveniently located near the underground, restaurants and bars. Good breakfast as well. We will certainly recommend and visit this hotel again. The front desk staff went beyond the call for us, especially with our taxi. Thank you guys!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Vegasadvisor89129
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

Good, comfortable, and reasonable price. Staff was awesome. I would highly recommend. I would definitely stay again. The location is convenient and close the Underground and Buckingham Palace. As well as access to public transportation.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank evaninvegas
Mikkeli, Finland
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My Place Hotel is very well situated in Kensington area, just next to Earl´s Court metrostation. Easy to reach from Heathrow by tube. My room with a bathroom was clean and quiet. The staff very friendly and the breakfast good enough and in abundance. I would dare to recomment this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo