“Disappointed.”

Ranked #925 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Disappointed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Receptionists where friendly enough, after we got our key and checked in I was a bit disappointed. Being a housekeeper myself in a 3* hotel, some things let me down: the fridge was not cleaned at all and was very dirty, their were lots of hairs in the shower, the bedroom fan and telephone was dusty and the bathroom floor was not very clean. After walking around on the carpet bare footed, my feet began to get dirty. There is no bath in the bathroom but an extremely tiny shower ( if you are a dress size 16 or above, you have no chance ). Also, a weird thing was, we had to turn on the bathroom light by flipping a switch inside our wardrobe. The hotel is very dated and shabby but a plus side is it's right next the underground train station but I won't be coming here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynsey B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
otocad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

When I’m in London, I like to stay in the Earls Court area because 1) quick, easy access from Heathrow (or Gatwick-Victoria) via the tube, 2) from there the tube lines fan out & you can get anywhere in central London in 20 minutes, and 3) hotels are cheaper than further in.
This is the closest hotel to Earls Court tube station, less than 100 yards, so good if you have a lot of luggage to lug.
That said, it gets seedier as you go on. The outside is fresh and clean. The reception is a bit faded, but the staff are helpful. There is a new elevator. On my floor, I was met by a worn armchair and a tattered ironing board in the hallway. The room was tiny, with very worn furniture and a hardboard cupboard. No desk. Wifi in the reception & bar only, but free. Linens worn, but clean.
It was hot. North-facing and without direct sun, it was strip-off-and-sweat-more-than-sauna hot. The fan they provided was hopeless. It was cooler to go outside. I hate to think what it would be like in a sunny room.
So, come here only if you like living in a cramped sauna, or it’s cold outside, or you’re going to be out of the hotel between 8 am and 8 pm, and you don’t mind having hundred-year-old furniture so worn that it has holes in the fabric. I won’t be back.

Room Tip: Facing the garden is probably cooler
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank otocad

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Loved my stay here! There was a really good family feel and the location was just what I wanted for exploring London as it's next to the tube and within walking distance of bars in fulham and west brompton. I will be back next time I'm visiting London...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Amanda J
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed here with my mom in May. The hotel is located close to a tube station and this made it very easy to get around London. While the hotel could use some updating, it is still functional. The room was on the small side, but we really did not spend a lot of time in the room. I would stay in this Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank k1stmate
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

AUD $125 per night (Twin). We were pretty happy with our 5 night stay at this place. As previous posts state, it is well situated close to the Tube and with just a small walk you can catch a bus into the city (Zone 2). Plenty of places for meals and small convenience supermarkets will keep you going. Found the best coffee was Costa just around the corner in the main street but they don’t open till 7am. Staff were friendly but were lacking in tourist information. We were on the 4th floor street side and there was quite a lot of street noise early in the morning. Yes the room was small and yes the bathroom was small that is pretty much the norm in the Europe for the sort of money we were paying. Breakfast was plentiful - cereal, yogurt, tea/coffee, toast, jam, boiled eggs, cold pressed meat and it was that every day. Even managed to get myself a couple of extra eggs to take for lunch. The staff were pleasant, especially the breakfast staff. They have a lot of brochures in the foyer but that’s the extent of their traveller assistance. I made inquiries about a phone call to Selby and busses into town and the receptionists (both people that were asked) were of no help. Was disappointed there were was no coffee or tea making facilities but they do have that available downstairs in the breakfast room 24hrs (Help Yourself) but it would be nicer in the room. Free wifi was a bonus. You do have to go down to the breakfast room to use it but I did from time to time manage to pick it up in my room. I would book with them again after I compared what else was available at the time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank PeterJ112
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Best value for your money...rest assured it will be well spent! Earl's Court Tube station around the block with all the restaurants, pubs & shops you will need in a 2 block area. Extremely helpful, courteous staff allowed me to check in early with my airline using their computer. Only complaint is wifi only in the lobby and part of 1st floor? Love their small refridgerators to keep my drinks cold for an after hours drink;) I have stayed here about 6 times now and I always try to stay here when in London. Serves my needs extremely well as I'm a get up early in the morning type and go out exploring this great city and attend Chelsea F.C. matches at Stamford Bridge Stadium which is only 2 stops away at Fulham Broadway tube station :-)

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Napsea2012
Naples, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great postion to visit London and its beautiful places. The Hotel has been satisfactory, the personnel employed also. I've stayed into 4th floor, the bedroom and bathroom has been cleaned every day. Recommened.
Ask about 4th floor.

Room Tip: I've been in the 4th floor. The room are very good.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo