“London trip dec 2013”

Ranked #920 of 1,067 Hotels in London
San Carlos, California
“London trip dec 2013”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My Place Hotel was quiet, they have very friendly staff, clean rooms, and hotel is close to tube, and bus stops. It is located off a busy street and there are food places, groceries, banks, and shops conveniently located. I would stay there again. Not downtown but, a quick ride on the tube you can get to where ever you need to be. Great for the money. I was always on the go, so I didn't go to the free breakfast. My room was clean, I needed more towels that were given which was not a problem with house cleaning. The staff was very accommodating to my questions and needs.

Room Tip: I was located on the 3rd floor for the first 2 days, but it was too warm so the staff moved me to th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Although the location of this hotel offers very convenient links to the underground and the staff were very pleasant, our room was not of a very good standard. The bed linen appeared not to have been changed before we arrived, there were hairs on the bed and the mattress was heavily stained on one side. The shower over the bath did not have a shower head. This was reported to the reception but nothing was done. We also found hairs in the bathtub on arrival. The breakfast was certainly not three stars and very uninspiring. We had the choice of tinned peaches or a bowl of watery yoghurt but we opted for cereal and toast which was okay. We did expect more from a 3 star hotel. The card key took at least six attempts to open the door of our room. The rooms do need to be updated. This hotel has six floors and only one lift which tended to be temperamental.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank flamingstar

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

we recently stopped in the hotel my place hotel in earls court, it was a excellent location as it was literally 2 mins round the corner from earls court tube and earls court area was 5 mins in the opposite location , the hotel it self was ok friendly enough and clean but it was a 3 star and you felt it. breakfast was continental unless you booked the day before for a English, there isn't any tea or coffee facilities' in your room but in the restaurant you could help your self to tea or instant coffee all day free of charge. There are 6 floors so the lift is a godsend if like us you were on the 6th floor unless like me it broke down on the day you had to take your case down and then the winding staircase is frightening. on hole I had a good experience and would go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Osgood, Indiana
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The location of this hotel is incredibly convenient if you plan to take the tube while in London. Earl's Court station with access to the District, Circle and Picadilly lines, is just around the corner. The staff is friendly and helpful. Those were the high points. Our FIRST room was very small, but based on the previous reviews that was expected so I wasn't too upset about that. We realized late our first night that the toilet would not flush... the next morning after breakfast, our key card did not work. The front desk tried to re-program the key, but the lock was broken so we had to pack up and change rooms. Our second room was bigger, but had the worst bed I have ever tried to sleep on; I am not a picky person, but that mattress should be thrown out... I could feel every spring. On our last day I requested a wake up call so that we could make our early flight. Thank god that call was just a backup to our cell phone alarm because that call never came and we would have missed our flight. If I could do it over again, I would spend a little extra money and book with the next hotel on the list.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank mmterrill98
NY,NY
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I spent 9 nights at My Place in Sept 2013. It is literally around the corner from the Earl's Court Tube station which is a stop from Heathrow airport on the Piccadilly line [so damn convenient], and a very easy connection to all of London.

This charming hotel, built in the early 1900's, does show its age and furniture can be worn and shabby, BUT it is kept very clean, great shower, elevator, cable TV, helpful and very pleasant front desk, good breakfast [and if it nice out, they have a patio], many restaurants, supermarkets, pubs, pharmacy, internet cafes, etc. within a two blocks of this colorful area.

Drawbacks? Well, very spotty Wi-Fi connection, and none in the rooms. But an internet café across the street is one pound/hr...nice deal.

I certainly would stay there again and for the price [about $85/night]it is a hidden gem.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank 7225
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

I love the location of this hotel and would return just for that reason. The hotel and rooms themselves are very outdated but clean. You will love the nice hot showers with good water pressure. The complimentary continental breakfast is decent. If you don't mind a very basic room, this hotel is a great choice for price and location.

• Stayed September 2013
Odense, Denmark
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Very good localtion. Very near to Earls's Court Underground Station, so it is very easy to visit Tower Hill, Tower Bridge, London City and more. The Hotel staff are very polite and helpfull, and the hotelroom were held very clean and nice.

Room Tip: When booking this hotel, choose among the rooms which Windows are to the garden site !!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple