“Excellent location. Not so great hotel. ”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of My Place Hotel

My Place Hotel
Ranked #925 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Excellent location. Not so great hotel. ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

First of all, the location of this hotel is perfect. It's seconds away from Earls Court tube station, and there are a good few places to eat on the road - McDonalds, KFC, Wagamamas, Nandos to name a few.

Unfortunately the hotel cannot be classed as quite so perfect. Room was furnished very old-fashioned, and the window was almost completely blocked by the wall - I've never seen anything like it. The room was very hot, and the thermostat did nothing so we were very warm overnight. For the second night we mentioned it at reception, and she said she'd make it cooler. Seems the floor temperatures are controlled by the staff downstairs, which is also odd I think. Decor in room was a bit rough around the edges, but the bed was comfy and the tv and shower were pretty good.
Breakfast was continental. Very basic but adequate. £10 to upgrade to full English, which I think is very steep.
There's a nightclub under the hotel too. It didn't seem to be open every night but it was a bit noisy when it was open, so beware of this.

In summary, if you get a good deal for a London trip like we did from Superbreak, it's alright. Otherwise there's loads better out there.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
San Carlos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

My Place Hotel was quiet, they have very friendly staff, clean rooms, and hotel is close to tube, and bus stops. It is located off a busy street and there are food places, groceries, banks, and shops conveniently located. I would stay there again. Not downtown but, a quick ride on the tube you can get to where ever you need to be. Great for the money. I was always on the go, so I didn't go to the free breakfast. My room was clean, I needed more towels that were given which was not a problem with house cleaning. The staff was very accommodating to my questions and needs.

Room Tip: I was located on the 3rd floor for the first 2 days, but it was too warm so the staff moved me to th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Although the location of this hotel offers very convenient links to the underground and the staff were very pleasant, our room was not of a very good standard. The bed linen appeared not to have been changed before we arrived, there were hairs on the bed and the mattress was heavily stained on one side. The shower over the bath did not have a shower head. This was reported to the reception but nothing was done. We also found hairs in the bathtub on arrival. The breakfast was certainly not three stars and very uninspiring. We had the choice of tinned peaches or a bowl of watery yoghurt but we opted for cereal and toast which was okay. We did expect more from a 3 star hotel. The card key took at least six attempts to open the door of our room. The rooms do need to be updated. This hotel has six floors and only one lift which tended to be temperamental.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank flamingstar

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

we recently stopped in the hotel my place hotel in earls court, it was a excellent location as it was literally 2 mins round the corner from earls court tube and earls court area was 5 mins in the opposite location , the hotel it self was ok friendly enough and clean but it was a 3 star and you felt it. breakfast was continental unless you booked the day before for a English, there isn't any tea or coffee facilities' in your room but in the restaurant you could help your self to tea or instant coffee all day free of charge. There are 6 floors so the lift is a godsend if like us you were on the 6th floor unless like me it broke down on the day you had to take your case down and then the winding staircase is frightening. on hole I had a good experience and would go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Osgood, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

The location of this hotel is incredibly convenient if you plan to take the tube while in London. Earl's Court station with access to the District, Circle and Picadilly lines, is just around the corner. The staff is friendly and helpful. Those were the high points. Our FIRST room was very small, but based on the previous reviews that was expected so I wasn't too upset about that. We realized late our first night that the toilet would not flush... the next morning after breakfast, our key card did not work. The front desk tried to re-program the key, but the lock was broken so we had to pack up and change rooms. Our second room was bigger, but had the worst bed I have ever tried to sleep on; I am not a picky person, but that mattress should be thrown out... I could feel every spring. On our last day I requested a wake up call so that we could make our early flight. Thank god that call was just a backup to our cell phone alarm because that call never came and we would have missed our flight. If I could do it over again, I would spend a little extra money and book with the next hotel on the list.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank mmterrill98
NY,NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I spent 9 nights at My Place in Sept 2013. It is literally around the corner from the Earl's Court Tube station which is a stop from Heathrow airport on the Piccadilly line [so damn convenient], and a very easy connection to all of London.

This charming hotel, built in the early 1900's, does show its age and furniture can be worn and shabby, BUT it is kept very clean, great shower, elevator, cable TV, helpful and very pleasant front desk, good breakfast [and if it nice out, they have a patio], many restaurants, supermarkets, pubs, pharmacy, internet cafes, etc. within a two blocks of this colorful area.

Drawbacks? Well, very spotty Wi-Fi connection, and none in the rooms. But an internet café across the street is one pound/hr...nice deal.

I certainly would stay there again and for the price [about $85/night]it is a hidden gem.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank 7225
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

I love the location of this hotel and would return just for that reason. The hotel and rooms themselves are very outdated but clean. You will love the nice hot showers with good water pressure. The complimentary continental breakfast is decent. If you don't mind a very basic room, this hotel is a great choice for price and location.

• Stayed September 2013