“Loved it!!!”

Ranked #432 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Ajax, Canada
“Loved it!!!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Our family of 3 stayed here the first week of July and and was very impressed.

The room was exactly as advertised. Liverpool St station (access to multiple tube lines) across the road, Tesco (2 min walk), Pizza Express, Nandos, Starbucks etc. Since this is London we knew most hotels have small rooms but not here, our one bedroom was ideal and very clean.

The added bonus was the housekeeping; running behind one morning I had left our breakfast dishes in the sink, to my surprise they were washed up when we returned after a long day of sightseeing (very nice touch).

It is a very busy area with many pubs a stones throw away so happy I had checked Trip Advisor and saw the tip about asking for a courtyard location.

Thank you for helping make our holiday one we won't soon forget.

Room Tip: Definitely get a courtyard room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Elaine W
Ali A, Guest Relations Manager at 196 Bishopsgate, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and for recommending us to the readers of this website. I am really pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and everything that surrounds our property.

please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Just what we were looking for - facilities were great, loads of space, and plenty of food for breakfast. Great location too! Staff were great, so helpful - they held our luggage and printed my boarding pass - nothing was too much trouble. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street, can be a little noisy at pub kicking out time!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Katie C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback and also for taking time to share your experience on your last visit to 196 Bishopsgate on our TripAdvisor page. I’m pleased to hear that you had and enjoyable stay.

Customer service is one of our main drives here at 196 Bishopsgate and its enlightening to know that all the training and efforts pays off when our guest recognises it. The team would be please with your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to 196 Bishopsgate.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Great position, lovely room, really peaceful, lovely beds and a great price - exceptional for central London. Nothing to fault it really - and they were happy to store luggage for me to collect later.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul A
Ali A, Guest Relations Manager at 196 Bishopsgate, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to look after you whilst you stayed with us. Many thanks for taking the time to leave such high scores and praise of your stay with us on our TripAdvisor page.

Thank you again for your kind comments and I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back at 196 Bishopsgate in the near future, should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Streymoy, Faroe Islands
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Booked through a broker & it was the same price as a lot of 3 star hotels, some of the reviews werent great but these apartments are AMAZING. After reading previous reviews, we asked for a room away from the street. stayed in room 304. Had a studio apartment. Nice decor, lots of storage space, 1 double wardrobe with 4 built in drawers, top one has different compartments. 1 single wardrobe next to it with safe inside. Mirrored doors. Nice big bed. Headboard attached to wall, bed on wheels which wasnt ideal but thats just nitpicking. Bedside cabinets with nice lamps. Long single freestanding mirror in the corner which turned & more shelves on the back. Small tv on the wall. air con unit in the bedroom (which is a bit noisy, we switched it on until bedtime) Blackout blinds.Tempered glass double doors into lounge. Lounge had lots of gadgets & another tv & classy furniture. Nice big floor to ceiling window with wooden venetian blinds gives a spacious feeling. windows didnt open too much but there was air con in the bedroom & if you leave the doors open, still gets temp down to 18o. Wifi signal good. Kitchen had all you need & was also provided with washing up liquid & dishwasher tablets & a dishcloth & the maid even emptied the dishwasher daily (my most hated chore!) glass door into a small hallway which is soundproof nearly but the ventilation is there & is noisy so keep the door shut when you want quiet. Bathroom nice, shower, wc, in black marble & door into a small room with washer & washing tablets provided & iron. Hairdryer nice & powerful. Toiletries smell really nice. When you leave lift, theres still a few steps to walk up. Breakfast delivered daily at your preferred time, croissants, butter & jam, corn flakes, pint of semi skimmed milk, apples, bananas, activia low fat yoghurts, bottled orange juice. Right across from Liverpool St Station, next to Boots & 2 minute walk tonthe left is a large Tesco. Bad bits. Air con noisy & it was v hot when we stayed so it was a bit uncomfortable. Our 1 year stayed with us so we had a stroller & the stairs were a little inconvenient. Tesco & boots dont stock a huge amount of baby items, but enough to potter on with. (FYI if staying with a baby) but these apartments are well placed, maintained & we were very impressed.

Room Tip: 304 gets the sun in the afternoon so theres no blazing sunlight interrupting your sleep
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am always thrilled to read positive feedbacks like yours, you couldn’t have summarised your experience any better. I must say that you are on point with your description. Your high scores and comments are very much appreciated.

We wish you well and look forward to see you again very soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed 5 nights for business trip. The building is right across the street from Liverpool street tube and train station. There are many restaurants, pubs, supermarkets around. Extremely convenient. The apartment entrance and reception is small. But the room is impressive. I stayed in a studio apartment, more than enough for 1 person, much better than a normal hotel room. There's a bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom with a washing machine. The bed is soft and comfortable. Bathroom provides shampoo/bodywash. You can get tooth brush etc. from WHSmith or Marks&Spencer across the street in Liverpool Street station. I did not use the kitchen. Fridge is very handy. My room was on the 1st floor (2nd level) facing the busy Bishopsgate street. It can be noisy in the evening but that did not bother me at all. Staff is friendly and helpful. I would stay here again when I travel with family for fun!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank YangCheung
Dear Guest,

I am very please to read you had a fulfilling stay, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers, also thank you for the high scores and praises. This is the type of experience we strive to provide to all of our guests!

I hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you back at 196 Bishopsgate in the near future, should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I was really not sure about booking an apartment concept hotel compared to my usual 4-5 star hotel booking for my trip to London.

Man oh Man was I wrong, I was upgraded from a Studio apartment to an Exec Studio which surprisingly had a little terrance where I had my late evening glass of wine.

The Apartment was fully equiped from dishwashers to washing machines, everything one can have in an apartment.

The reception Staff were helpful enough to help me with directions when I wasn't certain to my journey and also allowed me to store my luggage after checkout.

I will be back and most certainly recommend to all my friends and family back home.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience; from the comfort of the apartment, the location of the property and the service you encountered.

I shall pass your positive feedback to the team who looked after you and I shall look forward to welcoming you back to 196 Bishopsgate in the near future,

Essex
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed over the bank holiday weekend
Good Points;- Nice Apartment, well furnished,very clean crockery & utensils included
Breakfast in the basket very good; Juice, cornflakes, milk, fruit, yogurt ,butter, jam & rolls
Bad Points;- Smoke detector outside our room kept bleeping every 25 seconds
10pm sat to 10am sun, reception tried to help, engineer finally came on Monday
General comments;- kitchen very hi tech" NEFF appliances" could do with basic instructions on microwave ( all symbols).Coat hooks on wall by entrance door for wet coats would help.Coasters for glass table tops. Would still return though

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple