“CLEANERS check you in! No Luxury, deceiving website, unprofessional staff”

Basil Street Apartments
Ranked #126 of 838 Speciality Lodging in London
London, United Kingdom
“CLEANERS check you in! No Luxury, deceiving website, unprofessional staff”
Reviewed 19 October 2009

You will be greeted with rudeness and checked in by their cleaners in blue uniform - Mop in hand.
Their cleaners are in a room labelled "Porter".
There is no on site front desk, or porter. Everything is done by the cleaners.
The cleaners who checked me in, demanded that I sign an old fashioned credit card slip that with the amount being paid kept BLANK.
I told them I cannot possibly sign that, and that all their customers have no problems with it.
They also told me: "If there is damages, we will add it on to your bill, here."
That already is deterring.
When I saw that they have given me a ground floor, visible from the street outside kind of privacy depriving flat, I asked to change the room, but was told by their cleaners: "No, this is your flat, and there is no other you can change to. You can call management tomorrow. We have to leave at 5 PM. Now, sign this and this.... here are your keys."
The fact that I was checked into this LUXURY apartments by cleaners already removed them from the luxury list.
For £265 per night, I was given bath towels with visible stains.
There was no onsite information desk or person to help you.
Upon booking this flat, I spoke to a person in reservation regarding an extra person staying over for 2 nights.
She clearly told me that there is already a sofa bed in the apartment and that I ONLY need to inform housekeeping about the arrival date of my friend, one day in advance.
No one told me about how much or if any extra they have to charge me.
As I informed the "cleaners" this, they said: "you have to pay £50 more."
Already unhappy with their unprofessional services, I did not want to argue with Cleaners.....

The 3rd morning I was shocked beyond belief that the cleaners greeted me with : "We need to have a word with you."
The fact that I was made to negotiate with cleaners regarding the times that I might be out if the apartment so they could come in to do their work, on a daily bases is completely ridiculous!

This is NOT a luxury service apartment at all.
If you want any services, please do not come here.

I could not shorten my stay here at all, they refused to give me any form of refund.
They are robbers.

Extremely confusing and unpleasant check in process
Shocked beyond belief services and negotiation with CLEANERS.

This is a horrid place to stay in, will NEVER EVER AGAIN stay here.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
12 Thank rocket4rocket

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)