“Great lunch and a warm welcome”
Review of GB Grill & Bar

GB Grill & Bar
Ranked #12,233 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$19 - US$39
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Whitstable, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lunch and a warm welcome”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Great plans for a trip up to London spoilt by cold, wet weather. Until the warm welcome we received as we walked into Gregg's Bar & Grill.

Trying to escape the cold we popped in for a late morning coffee and the service was so good we decided to stay for lunch.

I went for the absolutely gorgeous BBQ ribs, marinated in ginger, coriander and chilli. The flavours were subtle and zingy. The chips were, well, I could have 2 or 3 more helpings of them!

Mrs had the Black Angus Skirt Steak, which I felt obliged to steal a bit of. Apparently the chef hangs his meat for 50 days (did I mention the great service we were given?) and you could tell as it melted in the mouth.

While Mrs had the cheese and biscuits for dessert, I thought when in Rome - I'm sure Gregg would have the Chocolate Bomb so I had to have it.

Chocolate ice cream, in a ball of thin chocolate as a shell. The waitress poured on the hot white chocolate sauce and it collapses with dramatic effect.

I'm glad I did stick to the one helping of chips, because that bomb was superb!

I know we'll be going back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly, comfortable, hearty food and fantastic service”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

My partner and I had dinner here last week and we had such a good time. We were looked after the moment we walked in the door and their friendly service lasted the whole evening. I have to say the food was incredible - I had the fish pie which was light and delicious and my partner had the Black Angus rib eye steak. The team are very friendly and make you feel very welcome. We will definitely be back with a group of friends as it’s the type of place we can settle in, relax and watch the world go by.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food and great service”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My OH and I visited Gregg's Bar and Grill the night before our holiday in October.

Absolutely no complaints, the food was delicious and plentiful (the chef even threw in a complimentary dish!) and the waiting staff were attentive and patient. We even got to meet the man himself (Gregg!).

We'd only intended to stay for a couple of hours but stayed much later as we felt to comfortable.

Will be returning :)

• Visited October 2012
“Week-end in London”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We decided last minute to go to London and friends gave us good critics about this place. Good point was, upon arrival we found a parking directly next door. 5 minutes from tower bridge, Hotel very Nice. Super location and no noise. After a long day we decided to eat there to make it easy. Concerning the look of the restaurent, could be nicer, more cosy, loundgy and better music would be a must. And don't really fit with the super design and price of the hotel reception and rooms. Concerning the food : We orderd a few starters, then main course and finally dessert. All was very good, tasty and good service.
The room was very Nice. Wonderfull view. In the morning the breakfast was very good. Good service. Also very nice to have some fresh orange juice.
Conclusion: we recomend this place to any people to Enjoy London and discover a good restaurent

London, England, United Kingdom
“Best Burger this side of the Thames!”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We dropped by very impromptu on a friday night and managed a table of four. (in the cosy booths!)
Restaurant was really buzzing as large christmas party occupied most of the tables.
We brought our our wine and this was decanted perfectly the manager Charlotte who was really entertaining...
Ordered burgers all round and the triple cooked chips that accompany them are worth traveling to Bermondsey for!!
Left rather late(01:00) but was never made to feel rushed. (mostly stayed to watch antics of neighbouring christmas party goers....)
Make the trip to SE1...
This is now firmly on my list of places to go with friends