“Excellent value”

and 1 more site!
Dockside Hotel
Ranked #95 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed one night in the hotel, and was very pleased. The location is perfect, 3 minutes walk from Shadwell DLR station from where you can reach central London in around 20-25 minutes.

Excellent value for the money, the hotel is very clean and the staff I met very nice and friendly. The breakfast was nice and there were enough options for my taste (eggs, beans, ham, salami, cereals, fruits etc.). The room was clean and there is a minibar in the room as well with a complimentary bottle of beer! Not sure if it is complimentary all the time or just because it was very hot in London at the time I stayed there, definitely a nice touch.

The only negative I could mention is that there was no air con in the room. I have to mention here that it was extremely hot in London that time, so when the temperature is at ,London normal, it´s probably not an issue.

Would definitely stay here again, really clean and nice budget hotel at a great location.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Glemmy87

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This hotel really suprise me, as i was expecting some "normal" hotel , but this is a really good hotel ! The all staff on reception is really friendly and helpful , i also had some problems with reservation and they help me a lot. We get a nice room , its little small , but we stayed for 5 nights and had no problem with it. Room include also minibar , for free they offer tea service . The room was very clean , i didnt find nothing disappointing. There is a nice , compared with room quiet big bathroom . They also placed some tissues in our room for free. Theres also really nice dining area where is served breakfast. Also really good for small hotel like this. Location is also really good (theres only little disappointing way from dlr station , but we make out fun of it as there were no problems with people around :) ) so it takes about 2 minutes to reach shadwell dlr station , you could also walk to tower of london , which takes about 20 minutes.
The price for one night was 70 pounds per night for double bed room with included breakfast, so really nice for place like this and with such a good location.
Finally , i could highly recommend this hotel and for me , i´ll get back when staying in London.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Frank V
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We booked in February by email for four nights in June and we thought we had secured our reservation by phoning with credit card details. Unfortunately they could not accommodate us for a few nights in May so stayed at another nearby Hotel. In May we went in person to confirm our June reservation, alas no reservation and no vacancy but record of our email correspondence. The friendly staff showed us around, the rooms appeared pleasant and cosy. I returned in the evening to talk with the manager who confirmed the situation. He appeared unconcerned that someone had taken our credit card details to which he had no record and unconcerned that we needed to find alternative accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rose955
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed at this B&B style hotel for one night only on 13th June 2013 and was very pleasantly surprised. The place itself is small but perfectly formed for a small hotel. The location is great if you are visiting the East End and equally good for commuting around London as Shadwell DLR station is SO close! It is perfect for me when coming down for a short stay to see old ppl from nearby London Metropolitan University. The STAFF are really friendly and efficient. The Rooms are FRESH and CLEAN ( They even provide a MINIBAR ). There is a little SMOKING AREA / PATIO at the back which is a bonus!
Overall it's a great little discovery and I would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND it to anyone who is planning a short trip down to LDN TOWN.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed here 4 nights in May, I had single room on ground floor with ensuite bathroom.
Recently refurnished
Size is London standard but the extra values are strategic location (5 min walk to shadwell) and friendly and helpful staff 24/7, good breakfast.
Just 2 aspects were not satisfactory:
-door lock was not safe at all
-shower with difficulty to water draining and not enought soap

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

We were pleased with this hotel. It was close enough to drag your suitcase from the light rail station. At night very quiet. Comfy bed. Friendly staff. Modern bathroom. Very warm, actually too warm (we had the heating off but it still came through from the hallway). I liked that breakfast was included. Breakfast was a simple affair with toast, limited cereal, a few pieces of fruit and cold meats. There is baked beans and eggs on a burner if you are game. The thing I didn't like about the breakfast was that all 4 mornings, there was no other guests there but the tables were dirty. Not busy so no excuse. Even when the plates were cleared away, we sat at tables full of crumbs and dirty table runners. Didn't get any butter on any morning, not sure if that is normal. Sometimes had to ask for cutlery as the table had not been cleaned and relaid for the next guest. Pity, as the breakfast room is really nice with lounges. The good news is that this issue can be easily fixed by hotel management.
This is a minor complaint and I would still stay here again. Small room but Its great value.

1  Thank alison954
Reviewed 15 February 2013

... especially if you are trying to get to the excel. Small, clean and newly refurbished hotel that will not dissappoint you.

4 minutes walking from the DLR Shedwell station. Safe area to walk at night. WIFI for free at every room. Did not have the chance to taste the breakfast. Over all, I will be coming back if in need to visit the Excel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business