“Great for a week in London :)”
Review of LSE Bankside House

LSE Bankside House
Ranked #483 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Stayed there for almost a week with my boyfriend and his brother ( we booked two rooms) and our room was quiet at night, bed was comfortable and clean and the service both counter and breakfast was good and always willing to help you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 September 2014

The hotel room itself was basic, which is fine for a cheap overnight stay. Tea and coffee facilities were fine. Clean, and bathroom was fine. What is not fine, is the abundance of young foreign students screaming and shouting in the corridors and outside the hotel, with no hotel staff doing a damn thing to shut them up. I could hear them on the first floor so surely be to God the reception staff could hear them right outside the front door. The worst bit was moments ago when the group staying next door nearly came through the adjoining wall there was such an almighty bang. Too anxious to leave the room now God knows what I will walk into.
Next time I will definitely be paying more for a hotel that doesn't allow it's other guests to cause a total and utter nuisance of themselves.
I am hoping I will get some peace at the early breakfast, if the students creating all the havoc are still in bed nursing hangovers.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest possible floor to avoid the noise from outside.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Louise T
Reviewed 1 September 2014

The place is alright, we got to store our luggage before check-in and after check-out. Breakfast was alright, nice choice of english and continental breakfast. However the hostel was incredibly loud at night and my bed was vibrating until 3 am and not even the headphones cut out the music. I had a room with 3 of my friends, the size was okay and the bathroom was fine too. At least the hostel was clean.

Room Tip: The upper floors are much better!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We booked a quad since I was traveling with my wife and teenage daughters. This provided a great value lodging for London. The location was excellent - just behind the Tate modern, and 5 minutes walking distance to the Bankside Thames river walk. Restaurants, tube stations, and train stations were also easy walking distance, so it was really a great location.

The room was large enough, with an en-suite bathroom. The breakfast was cafeteria style, but did the job. The beds were just OK not great. Wi-fi was free and good.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My friend and I, both pensioners, wanted accommodation in central London that didn't break the bank. Our main requirements were that it should be clean and have comfy beds. This fitted the bill excellently. The rooms are functional and clean. The beds were comfy and clean and the shower worked well. Both vital requirements for an oldie like me No telly, but there is free WiFi so you can watch it on computer. I watched it on my smart phone.

There is a good mix of ages with older people, families and lots of students. I see there have been complaints here about noise, but there was no noise when we stayed there. You also get a big self-service breakfast with lots of choice, served in the cafeteria. The location is also fantastic being just behind the Tate Modern and Shakespeare's Globe. Close to the Shard and Borough Market too. And St. Paul's Cathedral. What's not to like?

I think that this is brilliant budget accommodation and will have no hesitation staying there again. I just hope not too many people discover it because I don't want it to be booked up next time I want to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Student accommodation available for B&B in vacations. Very clean room with ensuite shower/wc. There were four single beds, perfectly comfortable and clean. Towels, toiletries and tea/coffee supplied. Reception staff could not have been more friendly and helpful.the breakfast (included in the rate) was enormous and there was a wide choice. Ebony served us; what a nice lady!
Bankside House is a ten minute stroll from a London Bridge Station and Borough St Market, and all of one minute from Tate Modern and the Millennium Bridge.
The bathroom would be better if fitted with an extractor fan...
The least favourable aspect of the stay was the noise made by smokers and language school groups outside the front entrance, which our room overlooked. Their lack of consideration for anyone else continued into the early hours of the morning and meant sleep was impossible for some hours.
Bearing in mind the great advantages to staying here, I'd do so again but definitely with earplugs and a sleeping pill.....!
By the way, our room and full English breakfasts for four of us cost a total of £127, a bargain for Central London.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back (Zoar St).
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed in LSE single . The location of hotel is very good . Backside of Tate Modern musem. 4 min away from tube station if you walk. They provide free wi-fi in the rooms . The complimentary breakfast was okay . housekeepers replace towels every two days , sheets once in a week. One negative thing about room is the bathroom was too small.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo