“Really well located!”

Windsor House Hotel
Ranked #978 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 January 2009

Clean hotel with friendly staff. The location is perfect. Within two minutes walk from Earl's Court tube station. Simple but good breakfast, you can you the kitchen to make your own coffee and tea, which was of a good use for me.
Would definitely stay there again on my next visit to London.

Júlia from Brazil.

• Stayed: December 2008

Reviewed 20 December 2008

A friendly and nice low budget hotel, perfectley situated close to Earls Court. Underground and buses nearby.
No problem to fit in 6 people in their big familyrooms.
We stayed on the 1st floor, wich was very quiet and convinient. We had our own bathroom, with a tub, but with 6 people, it was very good to have moore showers and wc´s, in the basement.
Friendly staff, always with a smile.
Typical English breakfast, that kept us going until lunch.
Remember that during the wintermounths, England is cold and there is no central heating. Although, there was no problem to get an electric heater into the room.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2008

I spent a week at the Winsdor House at the end of 2007 and I am hoping to repeat the experience some time soon. I would particularly recommend the hotel to fellow South Africans as good value for money, taking into account our exchange rate!
If you are looking for luxury you will not find it here but you will find a clean, and homely environment. A modest breakfast is included but you are free to add your own extras and the kitchen is always available for making your own tea and snacks - another cost saver. Shops to buy provisions and take aways are also just down the street.
I was there in winter and was very grateful for the heating in my room as well as the plentiful supply of hot water.
The convenient situation of the hotel another of the plus features. The tube station (Zone 1) and bus stop are almost on the doorstep.
The only thing to be mindful of is that it is an old London house so you must be fit enough to do up and down the stairs.
So, as a base for a sight seeing holiday in London, I would definitely recommend this hotel to you.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2008

I stayed in the Windsor house hotel for 5 nights and I have to say it shouldn't even be called a hotel!!! First of all, I was in a double room with my partner, and we were given 2 single beds pushed together - they didn't even level with each other! The carpet was in a bad state, the "bathroom" was so small you could have a shower, brush your teeth and use the toilet all at once if you so desired. Management had informed us we could use the kitchen to make our meals, and breakfast was included in the price. We had breakfast that morning (basics - toast, cornflakes, boiled eggs - I wasn't expecting much more for the price of the place, so that was fine). When I went to make my dinner that first night, and was looking for a pot, I found the breakfast items - milk, margarine etc - in the cupboard!
Our towels were not replaced all week although our bed was made every day. The "lovely patio garden" was weeds and filthy patio furniture..the whole place was a complete shambles and I would thoroughly advise staying elsewhere!!!

Stayed: June 2008
3  Thank princessfiona73
Reviewed 25 November 2008

I´ve been to London fourtimes and every time I lived in other hotel/hostel. This hotel was the best one with very good location. The room was clean and quiet. Staffs were friendly and gave us good advices. Breakfast was pretty good. If I go to London again I´ll stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2008

Comming from Norway I had a nice stay for two nights at the Windsor House Hotel. The room was clean and ok. The bathroom is the smallest I have ever been into - but there was no carpet at the bathroomfloor :-) I wish every other hotels in Britan look at the Windsor House Hotel in this aspect. For me the missing carpet in the bathroom was a big pluss.

The staff was very helpfull and serviceminded.

Nice location with Earls Court Underground station only 1-2 mins away.

Highly recomended value for money in London!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2008

OK there are definteily pros and cons about this place, and here they are:
Pros:
Great location, safe and convenient to the Earl's Court tube station. Lots of shops, restaurants and pubs nearby. The B&B is clean and comfortable. Some staff are very friendly. Breakfast is included: hard-boiled eggs, toast, butter, jam, tea or coffee (salt, but no pepper for some reason.)

Cons:
Our room had a shower but a shared toilet. The hot water in the shower never worked properly during our stay although the staff did look at it and try and fix it. The shared toilet was a real problem. The toilet did not flush properly and would be clogged every morning. NOT a good thing to wake up to. Some of the staff were not very friendly. Also, although I had paid ahead of time and confirmed this several times prior to my arrival. I was still told that I owed money at check-in. Luckily I had the e-mail on my blackberry that said I had paid in full but there was still confusion. The booking management is not well-organized. Breakfast is minimal and if you want some more nutritional value you need to supplement it yourself (but this is not difficult as a M&S and other shops are just down the road.)

Overall I would definitely stay again, but not in the same room. Also it may be easier just to pay cash at check-in than by credit card ahead of time, as this seemed to cause confusion.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends