“Ideal hotel for a visit to London”

Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross
Ranked #517 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 July 2008

My wife and I have just returned from one of our many stays in the Holiday Inn at Brent Cross. The hotel is perfectly placed for a visit to London as it is right at the end of the M1 and only 20 mins from the city centre by tube.
The tube station is only a 5 min walk away but the hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the station if you require it.
Most Holiday Inns are of an acceptable standard but the staff can make a big difference to the quality of your stay. The staff at Brent Cross have always been helpful and pleasant. Breakfast is usually good but the quality and quantity can vary a bit, however it has never been poor. The rooms are always very clean and we have never been troubled by noise.
We have never tried the evening meals but friends of ours said they had a good meal at a reasonable price on their previous stay.
We went to London to see Spamalot and visit the Tate gallery.
Spamalot was brilliant, and will even appeal to those who never "got" Monty Python.
While in London we had a meal at Lee Ho Fooks in Soho, made famous by the Warren Zevon song. I have not read a good review of this restaurant but the food we had was very good - I , of course, had a big dish of beef chow mein.

Colin Grainger 20/07/08

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 July 2008

Stayed at the Holiday Inn as part of a theatre break. An excellent hotel for a car driver as it is located at the end of the M1 with plenty of very reasonable parking. The shuttle bus makes travel into central London easy. The facilities in the hotel were good and the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable with two double beds and a spacious bathroom. I would certainly use this hotel again as it is very good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2008

We have just spent a week in this hotel. This Holiday Inn is the best value for money hotel I have ever experienced. The hotel is spotless. The staff are helpful ,friendly and go the extra mile kind of people. Although the allocation of the hotel is not very central the attitude of the staff and cleanliness of the hotel more than made up for the distance to the city. There is a shuttle to the tube. The hotel is across the road from a shopping mall and close to a bus station as well.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2008

We stayed at this hotel for a weeked trip to London. The bargain rate made the whole trip possible and we found the hotel to be very comfortable indeed with attentive and courteous staff. The breakfast was excellent and our requests for a quiet, high level room were met. The location is the only draw back but we were transported between the hotel and tube station each time in the courtesy car.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank catherineY
Reviewed 6 December 2007

This Holiday Inn is modern, clean and well equipped. I have stayed there several times as the location is convenient and there is free parking. One draw back is that it is a ten minute walk to the nearest underground station and not a pleasant walk at that. However there is a courtesy bus which operates more or less on demand. There is not much in the way of night life around the hotel and plenty of people seem to eat and drink in the hotel. the food is average and prices are expensive. I bought a bottle of Magners Cider and this cost me £4.60 - about double the price in a pub. I have alsways found the staff pleasant and helpful. Often the hotel price is favourable when those in London are expensive,

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank vermeer
Reviewed 17 November 2007

Stayed for 1 night with our 2 children. We booked a room with 2 double beds.

The check in was excellent - very quick and efficient & friendly. You don't get offered any help with your luggage but since we were only staying for 1 night it was no problem.

The room was fine - large enough for the 2 double beds and space to walk around. The beds were good with firm matresses and spotless linen,

The bathroom was small but acceptable - the stainless steel taps and plugs could have been more shiny but they were clean. The shower worked well with plenty of hot water.

The breakfast was superb - first class friendly service and for this type of hotel an excellent selection of breakfast items. The staff could not have done more for us and the children.

Checkout was very efficient - but beware they charge you to park your car in the car park overnight (£5) which you are not notified of in advance.

Would not hestiate to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank milllon
Reviewed 23 September 2007

Well, I booked one night in an executive room at the Holiday Inn Brent Cross....

I got there and, firstly I can see why people have moaned before about the rude reception staff. They all seemed too occupied to be interested in the person they checked in. However, I was helped by one member of receiption staff who, I must say, was exptemely nice nad very helpful.

The room...well...If they call this an executive room (and the plaque on the door proudly boasts so), its definately some with the bare minimum off effort. The room was small to say the least! Some of the room lights weren't working (but the nice receptionist did come and fiz that for me), the bathroom sink was cracked and....this make me laugh more than anything....They don't allow you to put any of your own drink o rfood in the mini bar and refused to empty the minibar incase I put my own stuff in there.

Anyway...moving on....bathroom was clean, nice towels, very comfy king bed I must say.

More disappointment followed when me and my partner went ot have dinner downstairs. The restaurant had full beam lights on and no music or atmosphere at all. The menu was overpriced AND the waiter informed us as soon as we sat down that the water that was on the tables (which had been out all evening and was warm), was £3.50 a bottle! We nearly chocked! After spending a couple of minutes laughing at how bad this evening was turning out to be we then had the waiter come over and point out that all basically all the starters were not available. At this point we decided to jsut get up and walk!

We went to reception to ask for a near hotel...the man told us that if we liked italian the shuttle car could take us to the nearest tube where we shoudl get on the tube for one stop and get off and eat somewhere around there!

Well...we decided this was turning into a monumental disaster so we went to Tescos (just over the raod) and bought some wine and nibbles and ate them in the room. Just a heads up....they don't charge for an ice bucket.....well they do if you ask them to bring it to your room (£2.50 to get in an elivator and come 3 floors up! Nice work if you can get it!).

All in all....This was a rubbish evening! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone! And I'd hate to see what they call an 'standard' room! My advice is stay ANYWHERE but here!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family