“Mrs Stevens”

Ranked #442 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Leicester
“Mrs Stevens”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 15 feb 14 with our autistic son who , can be very difficult to control. We requested early check in and a room with space to build our sons special bed. On arrival the staff were great. Any thing we requested arrived almost immediately. Our room was abit small but very clean our overall experience was great. Ty to all the kind and amazing staff who made it all so pleasurable
J Stevens

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Jo S

Thank you for your great review. As General Manager it is always great to see our guests have a pleasant stay with us as you clearly did. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team.

Kind regards

Shaun Wilde

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

A pleasurable stay made better by the lovely customer service of Magda. An exceptional breakfast with superb variety, also compliments to the chef and all the dining staff. Availability of free shuttle bus to local tube station makes travelling to Central London easy and accessible.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hi Chelsea H

Thank you for your great 4* review! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be helpful. I will certainly ensure Magda and the team get the recognition.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed with wife and 12 year old son.
Comfortable clean double room, quiet overnight.
Great cooked breakfast with very friendly staff.
Shuttle to and from local tube is great running till late. Makes travel to Central London a doddle.
Great family hotel for few days away.

Stayed February 2014
Hi Driandon

A HUGE THANK YOU for your FIVE STAR REVIEW! I was pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay. It is good to read that you were impressed with the team and breakfast - we work hard to recruit and train guest focused people, it is always a joy to read recognition such as yours.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The location of this hotel is ideal for the drive out of London or the tube ride in given the free shuttle service offered the tube is no more than 5 mins drive 10 to 15 mins walk. I have stayed here quite a few times on business over the years the service is generally very good from reception staff to the very friendly bar staff. On my most visit this week I arrived at 2.15pm and for some reason my room was not ready. The wait was a little frustrating but the male receptionist did all he could to speed things up also arranging me a complimentary drink. Rooms are functional and standard affair for Holiday Inn the bed comfortable room fitted with decent quality TV. The hotel could even be a great place to stay with the family if the right deal came up but leisure facilities are lacking

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear waldo68190821

Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to give your review! I am delighted to read you had a good stay with us. We always put our guest at the heart of everything we do! I will certainly share your fantastic comments with the team.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

England
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great location on the North Circular, if you’re driving to London from the North or West and free parking a big bonus. Despite location the rooms were well sound proofed and quiet. Although the underground is some distance the free shuttle service does work well and we had no problems. Shopping centre close, but don’t expect to able to walk to pubs and restaurants. We had an evening meal in the hotel restaurant one night - good food and service. We were visiting London for my daughter’s 7th birthday and was so excited in the morning she had to tell the breakfast waiter (and a few others) it was her birthday. Within 3 minutes, he was back with a piece of chocolate cake and candle! As we left, she said - You know Daddy, the best thing about that hotel is the staff - they’re so kind and friendly. While the hotel will not win any architectural awards, it is great value for money, has easy access to central London and great staff.

Room Tip: Hotel does have interconnecting rooms for families
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Crustadel,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic feedback! It was great to read such a glowing review and I will ensure the team are recognised for their attentiveness.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Holiday Inn London Brent Cross
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights ...3 adults in the 2double bedded room...I know we got there early 11am but as my daughter was covering some of the shows for London fashion week I was hoping we could get into our room early so she could get changed .we had made the journey from Lincolnshire. We were told that the room would be ready in 40 mins so we went across to costa and had a coffee....2hours later we were still waiting....eventually we got into our room and my daughter got ready , we went downstairs to get the shuttle bus to connect for the tube and waited outside with another couple , after 15mins I went into the reception and asked for directions to the tube station , I was meet with a very rude response from the receptionist....."I have already told you we have a shuttle bus ?....." I think her name was magda..?...?? Yes you did tell me that information but we did wait long enough and as my daughter had to be at Somerset house for 1pm ...we were now late.....the shuttle bus is a great idea but please don't advertise it as available on demand. The room was basic....tissue box was empty.....bottom drawer under t.v is broken and the worst two nights sleep I have ever had....bed so uncomfortable....breakfast and food in general expensive ....first and last visit to a holiday inn....looking forward to my next premier inn visit.

You

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hi irishchick63,

Oh no, this is our lowest scoring review since September 2013!! I'm really sorry that you found us to be poor value. Check in time is 2pm and I see you managed to get into your room at 1.30pm, however, the receptionist on duty will be going through vigorous retraining on her customer service skills this week. I would love to hear more about your stay, please email me to give me the opportunity to put it right.

shaun.wilde@ihg.com
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for six nights. They charge for everything, and London is not a cheap place, so that was kind of annoying. They provide free shuttle rides to the train or any other local places which was nice. Hotel is on the highway, but you can't really hear it. No views. Rooms were nice but small. Staff was either very nice or very rude. Good place to stay if you don't want to stay in the city center and you are willing to commute a little.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ariella G
Dear Ariella G,

Thank you for your taking the time to give us feedback. We rely on our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,