“Superb service trumps awkward location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross

Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross
Ranked #433 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Superb service trumps awkward location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My stay at the Holiday Inn Brent was a brilliant one. The location of the hotel is a little awkward but the hotel offers a free shuttle (on request) to and from the tube station - a service I found to be very useful and quite a nice freebie.

The hotel is situated in a branded 10 storey building and everything seems to be quite nice and flashy. The central lobby is nice and bright and you can get Starbucks coffee there. My room was on the 9th floor and although I was facing the dual carriageway, I could hear no noise at all.

My room was of good quality. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and bright. The TV in the room had terrestrial digital television. One bad thing about the hotel is that they do not offer free Wi-Fi. I found this to be a bit of a gripe but I can tether my 4G phone to my laptop, so I probably had a better connection to the internet than the WiFi on offer.

I found the attitude of the hotel staff to be brilliant. I asked the front desk how to get to the tube station and they introduced me to their shuttle driver and gave me detailed instructions should I want to walk.

In the morning, I went for breakfast. The breakfast a mix of continental and English varieties - so everyone is catered for. Similarly, there was a large collection of cereals.

Upon checkout, which was prompt, breakfast was not on my bill. Upon mentioning this, I was told my breakfast had been complimentary from the hotel - wonderful! They didn't have to do that - but they did, and I appreciated it.

So in general, this is a good hotel with a tube station 10 minutes walk away for 5 minute shuttle drive with an excellent emphasis on customer satisfaction. I would commend it.

Room Tip: I was on the 9th floor facing the carriageway and couldn't hear a thing from outside.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CasualBusiness
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear LegoArmy

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 Star review. It is always a great pleasure to get feedback like yours, which make our work very rewarding.

Looking forward to welcome you soon at the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross.

Shaun Wilde

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
St Austell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel again because we have stayed here before. Each time we go we are dealt with by friendly courteous staff. Rooms are always clean, well situated with a decent TV. Breakfast is always good with lots to choose from to satisfy different customers. When I stay at the hotel I always have eggs, bacon, sausage, black pudding, beans, tomato, toast and marmalade. My family tend to have cereal and pastries. Waiting staff clean tables quickly ready for other diners which maintains a smart and welcoming breakfast area. There is a small bar area where you can have alcohol or a coffee while you read the paper and catch up on emails etc.
A hotel shuttle bus runs from the hotel to Brent Cross tube station on a regular basis so getting in and out of London is easy and secure. The hotel is off the M4 so access is really easy for car drivers. I would recommend this hotel and will use again on next trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ian W
Dear Ian W

Thank you for posting a fantastic review, I was really pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay, and the great feedback you gave about the team and breakfast. Guest service is our number one priority, and it makes the team really happy to be recognised in this way.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Excellent location formthosmdriving from the North East. Tube station is a 10 minute walk away however the hotel provides a convenient shuttle bus. Rooms are lare, clean and comfortable and the staff are friendly and very efficient

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear 502Wendy

Thank you for posting a fantastic 5* review and for been a loyal guest to Holiday Inn London Brent Cross.I was really pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay, guest service is our number one priority, and it makes the team really happy to be recognised in this way.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Well I was expecting a stay similar to that at a travelodge or premier inn but I was very wrong.
The hotel was spotless. Well decorated and very well looked after.
The staff were amazing from check in to breakfast to the shuttle guy - we were treated like royalty and nothing was too much trouble.
Breakfast was lovely. Absolutely everything you could require and all fresh and tasty. The children were delighted by the pancake machine!

Close enough to the tube to walk - just over 10 minutes with 2 fairly slow 6 year olds but there is also a regular shuttle bus.
We will definitely be staying here again when we return to London in October and my parents and some friends have already booked in following our fantastic experience.
Thanks so much for a memorable stay.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Lagerdrink
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your FANTASTIC 5 star review. I am delighted that you had a great stay. We always put our guest at the heart of everything we do. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team. Its comments like yours is what we always strive for.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon...

Chippenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed here 25 Feb 14 with my nephew and had booked a room with a sofa bed. The desk assistant changed it to 2 double beds with no fuss. All the staff were very polite and friendly. The drivers of the shuttle bus, especially Alahandro, were particularly friendly and helpful, as were the staff at breakfast.
My only criticism, and the reason I didn't give 5 stars, is that the toasted sandwich we ordered for a late lunch had dry bread and was cold, but the friendly service was nice.
I'm looking forward to my next stay but will have lunch out!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thanks for your great 4 star review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be helpful and friendly. Apologies for the cold toasted sandwich, I will ensure corrective training takes place.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Holiday Inn Brent Cross
NW UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Work took me to North London and this place is right at the bottom of the M1 on the north circular. I have stayed here before a few times and it has been ok but not great. The last couple of times I stayed the general atmosphere and staff attitude has improved and it has a feel of being well managed. The reception staff are very friendly and efficient. Room on 8th floor was clean and tidy and had everything I needed for work and chilling. Fridge for guest use is very welcome. Food in the bar was good and breakfast was also better than the usual Holiday inn experience. Overall much improved and I will use again next time I am in London. I usually drive but there is a tube close by with a shuttle bus and its directly across from Brent Cross shopping center if shopping is your thing - not for me though.

Room Tip: They all seem similar but 8th floor was quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Hi Peter51964

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I am delighted to read your stay has improved with us. My team and I always put our guest at the heart of everything we do! I will certainly share your fantastic comments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 15 feb 14 with our autistic son who , can be very difficult to control. We requested early check in and a room with space to build our sons special bed. On arrival the staff were great. Any thing we requested arrived almost immediately. Our room was abit small but very clean our overall experience was great. Ty to all the kind and amazing staff who made it all so pleasurable
J Stevens

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jo S

Thank you for your great review. As General Manager it is always great to see our guests have a pleasant stay with us as you clearly did. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team.

Kind regards