“Absolutely Average”

Ranked #429 of 1,088 Hotels in London
London
“Absolutely Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I don't know who is rating this place as "excellent" but it was so "eh" in every single way. We stayed in an exec room, and it was not a very pleasant experience. It wasn't terrible and it was clean, but certainly not a 4* accommodation. There was a sign on the empty fridge saying "the mini bar is only available in the executive rooms" - we were in an executive room, so that was a little puzzling. The breakfast was £17 for nothing at all. I understand there are not many options in this area (which is why I chose this one) but a little effort could go a long way.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your taking the time to give us feedback. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

I hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross soon.

Regards,

Shaun Wilde

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great place to stay and catch the tube into London. They provided transport to the nearest tube station - less then 5 minute drive and then the ride into London was only around 30 minutes. Breakfast was decent and at reasonable times to allow us to get into town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us great feedback. We put our guests at the heart of everything we do.

I hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross soon.

Kind regards

Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Although nothing on the menu was vegan, when I asked if this could be accommodated, nothing was too much trouble. The head chef and his deputy both came out to discuss and check everything was ok. The waiting staff, Fabio and Adam were very good too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for a 5 STAR review!! I am delighted that you had a great stay. We always put our guest at the heart of everything we do. I will certainly pass on your comments to the Fabio and Adami. Its comments like yours is what we always strive for.

manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had a one night stay here this weekend.
Nice room , clean, good staff ,good food.
BUT they charge for WiFi ,I have a major problem with hotels who charge for an essential part of every day living as WiFi.
Increasingly over the world hotels are not charging for WiFi
It is like getting to your room and they make a charge for toilet paper and soap.
Come on Holiday Inns get real,if you want to get your money back for WiFi investment then put it on the room rate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 7379selsey
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. I am delighted that you had a great stay. We always put our guest at the heart of everything we do. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team. With regards to WiFi, as of the 1st July it is complimentary for all IHG Rewards Members.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Brent Cross for business recently and also used the hotel bar area for business appointments. The service was very good, staff were helpful throughout. Facilities were ok, room was a little dated but the hotel itself was clean and we'll kept. Great location with only a short walk to Brent cross shopping centre. Overall a good experience that I would recommend.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Geoff C
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. I am delighted that you had a great stay. We always put our guest at the heart of everything we do. With regards to the facilities, we have a capital investment plan in place to improve our offering over the next few months.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Lovely hotel clean tidy well looked after offer shuttle to nearby underground (free) lovely people at reception and at bar, didn't have breakfast there thought £12 too expensive bought in London look around u get bargains. One thing I'd like them to do is offer students some sort of discount, would definitely go back

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I often visit London for business and usually travel by train so I stay in the city. When I travel for pleasure I drive in and stay at the Holiday Inn at Brent Cross. It is so convenient being at the end of the M1 and the parking is great value at £5 a night.

This last visit, I stayed here as I had a meeting in the City and then my daughter was joining me for two nights. So I drove down - and promptly got caught in horrendous traffic sadly due to an accident on the M6. So my 3 hour journey took 7 hours............!!!

When I arrived I was SO shattered. I was greeted by Beata who is just the most wonderful receptionist. She booked me in quickly, gave me a complementary drink voucher and sent me up to my room! I don't remember anything until the next morning! Nice comfortable room and a hot drink was all I needed.
The next day I went to my meeting and my daughter joined me and we travelled back. Both times we used the complementary shuttle bus. The following day we went to the shopping centre and the shuttle bus took us there and collected us also.
Breakfast. Well. The first morning I arrived as breakfast was almost over. they still seated me and when I said I would grab something to take out so I didn't hold them up, they told me not to worry and take my time.
The last evening I had my free drink and the bar staff were great, we had drinks and stayed awhile.
I get the feeling nothing is too much trouble for the staff at this hotel. They are a credit to the hotel.
Can't wait for my next visit later in the year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ValKayJay
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you had a great stay. We always put our guest at the heart of everything we do. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team. Its comments like yours is what we always strive for.