“Nice Clean Hotel”

Ranked #437 of 1,063 Hotels in London
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice Clean Hotel”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Nice hotel not at all close to downtown London but near by the underground, and the hotel provides a shuttle to and from station. Rooms are clean our room had a mini refrigerator and a blow dryer. By American standards the bathtubs are a bit awkward, very tall just be sure your completely sober before attempting to get in and out.
Great breakfast buffet, friendly service, nice little bar that stayed open late to accommodate the odd hours some of our coworkers needed to work.
Very close to the freeway but sound was not an issue. Staff was very helpful in answering questions about how to best get around.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 29 October 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Holiday Inn London Brent Cross and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Shaun Wilde

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed here for a bank holiday break to London and we were really pleased with the hotel. The facilities were immaculate. Breakfast was super - although a little expensive at £15 when I don't eat a full English but thats my fault not the fault of the hotel.. That said the children ate for free so I saw my £15 as paying for their breakfasts.
We used the mini bus service to get to and from the tube station at Brent Cross - brilliant service - you literally waited outside the hotel and it picked you up - when you came back from london a phone call to the driver and he was there in minutes.. could not fault.
Would definitely use again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bev N

Kind regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel each year for many years and it has had its ups and downs. I'm delighted to say that it is now pulled back and this 2 night visit was pretty much faultless.

I arrived at 14:00 and was swiftly greeted at reception. I presented my Platinum Priority Club card (there was no separate area for Priority Club members) and my status was immediately acknowledged. I was offered a choice off 500 bonus points or a complimentary drink however the receptionist did fail to offer me a complimentary upgrade until I asked about it. That was the single less than positive experience. I was provided with complimentary vouchers for 2 days internet access and I found the service fast and efficient.

I was upgraded and the room was adequately spacious and very clean. There was a separate settee and it was more than adequate. The bed was large and comfortable and there was a choice of pillow types. 2 bottles of water were provided with the hotels compliments and also a bar of chocolate. What was nice is that all of this was replaced each day and not just one per visit as offered my most hotels. As well as tea and coffee it was nice that hot chocolate was also provided.

The bathroom had a combination tub and shower and benefited from high quality toiletries, spotless towels and a bathrobe. The bathroom was immaculately clean, including the often missed areas of the air vent and the corners on the floor.

There was air conditioning and this was effective. Again, this is rate in a London hotel.

Breakfast was a delight and there was a good choice. The staff clearly worked as a team and were incredibly warm and friendly. Again, a very rare thing in London. Adam in particular was very friendly as was his supervisor. All food items were fresh and there was a good choice of juices. What delighted me was the fact that there was a container with ice at the side of the drinks. I love my juice ice cold and this was a very thoughtful touch.

Whilst the hotel is about 20 minutes from Central London, it really doesn't take longer to get door to door than a hotel in the city. As a complimentary shuttle between the hotel and Brent Cross underground station is provided this saves on walking time and balances out the rest of the travel time. One opportunity for improvement is for the driver to take the name of the guest when you call to be collected. This would ensure that the correct person is collected and the driver knows who he's expecting. Every driver was courteous and helpful.

This hotel gets it right and this is refreshing. Thank you for a most excellent stay.

Room Tip: When you call to be collected from Brent Cross station, place your call when your train is at Golder...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

A huge THANK YOU for you 5 star review. We really do appreciate the feedback and I will ensure that your comments are passed onto the team.

I hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn London Brent Cross soon.

Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had stayed in this hotel years ago and was worried that it was going to be tied and run down but on the contrary, it was better than I remember. We had to be in central London for 9:00 AM and did not want to pay silly London prices. This hotel is right at the bottom of the M1, so no London congestion charge. Brent Cross Underground Station is just over half a mile away and it serves the Northern Line. We went to Hampstead for dinner in the evening (2 stops) and Charing Cross in the morning (piece of cake!). We parked at the hotel (£5).
The staff on reception were very helpful and welcoming. There is a nice bar and restaurant on site.
Rooms were clean & comfortable with good air con.
If you need to visit London and access the M1, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the top for great views of London & area.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. We put our guests at the heart of everything we do.

I hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 August 2014

As an American traveling for business, I found the hotel to be pretty good overall.
Staff is friendly and helpful and the room was clean.
Shuttle to Tube station was handy as well.

Some points for improvement
The free Internet service is incredibly slow, limited at 50 KB/s which makes casual browsing quite painful. For business travelers requiring videoconferencing, connecting to VPN's, and transferring files, this is not acceptable.

I mentioned this to the front desk several times but there was no knowledge of a speed cap - just a general reply that the Wi-Fi is slower in the lobby than in the rooms.

Very few TV channels (Again compared to US standards :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your 4 star review. I am delighted that you had a great stay. We always put our guest at the heart of everything we do. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

Tamworth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel was recommeded by a work colleague and after a two night stay, I would definitely go back and recommond it to anyone. I travelled with my husband and two children and when we arrived the room wasn't ready but reception offered to take our bags so we could travel into London. On our return later that evening, the booking didn't have the children on so reception advised they would get the sofa bed set up. As we had booked a room with 2 double beds, this was a little disappointing, but we were offered that our room could probably be changed for the second night and offered complimentary drinks in the bar while the sofa bed was made up. We made the decision that with it only being one more night, we didn't want the hassle of changing rooms and would just stay put. On checking out, the same very pleasant lady we had dealt with was on reception and had spoken to the manager and offered to refund one nights stay for the inconvenience. This was beyond our expectations and redeemed the one minus point from our stay. All the staff we dealt with were polite and friendly and although on the second morning we had a slight wait for a table for breakfast, I can't fault the service. Breakfast very good value and the courtesy bus to the tube station has made sure we will probably return next year.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your 5 star review. I am delighted that you had a great stay. We always put our guest at the heart of everything we do. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Excellent service from the staff, they couldn't do enough for us. Good quality room. Only complaint was the quality of tea bags in the room and no biscuits. Will always recommend to our friends. Great that they have a shuttle service to the train station.

Room Tip: Top floor great, but I think all the rooms of same quality.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for your HUGE 5 star review. I am delighted that you had a great stay. We always put our guest at the heart of everything we do.

Please let me know (shaun.wilde@ihg.com) when you are next staying with us and I will certainly ensure that your request is fulfilled.