“Best Macarons in London (maybe the UK?!)”

L'orchidee Boutique Patisserie
Ranked #8,622 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At L'orchidee specializes in a wide range of amazing Cakes and Macarons for all occasions, online ordering available for UK delivery or collection in London
London, United Kingdom
“Best Macarons in London (maybe the UK?!)”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

It is hard to know whether it's the Macarons I love here or the amazing staff. I visited almost weekly since it opened until I recent moved, and I regularly buy the giftsets as birthday gifts. Not only are the macarons all delicious but the flavours are constantly changing - keep your eye out for new ones. If you're stick however I heartily recommend the Wild Orchard flavour; you won't get it anywhere else and it is sensational.

One unknown thing about L'Orchidee are the teas - they are *the best* you will get in Stratford and rival those you will get in the fancy hotels in town (at five times the price). The rose tea is incredible, delicately served in china and absolutely perfect with that Wild Orchard macaron.

Not living near here still pains me on a regular basis.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank peanutlion

“Amazing treats and lovely service”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I was so delighted by this place that I came back all the way to Stratford the second time only to try again the yummy macaroons!! Try the pistachio one it's so tasty!!

London, England, United Kingdom
“Definitely addicted to L'Orchidee”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

If you have not tried this place, well ... you have no idea of how wonderful and special it is! These guys have a magical gift when it comes to cakes or macarons: beware of the design for their colorful and cheerful look; mix of tastes impossible to imagine ... but do not worry that our chef certainly is a 'yummi taste' one !You are definitely going to love them...

I personally have had many love stories with some of the little ones... starting from strawberry macaron, then pistachio, then Kir Royal and finally ending loving the Passion fruit & Chocolate macaron! Even better, bigger and more tasty ... there is Black Magic .. which contains the same mix of flavors but with a fantastic mousse inside! mmm yummi
I had the best cake ever...made of Black magic,,,in the pic below,,,!!!

I cannot wait that these guys make their way to the West End of London ... because it s there where I work .. but in the meantime we can use their website which provides delivery (I think)!
And I hope that the girls who work in L orchidee of Westfield are also going to their new /future/maybe branch in Soho ... because they are very pretty and kind!

Folks,,,try to believe!!! you won t be disappointed.

• Visited April 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Spectacular pastries and macarons”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Simply the best pastries and macarons you will ever find, anywhere! It's amazing.

WHY? Well the macarons are inventive, with lovely colours and most importantly delicious flavours. My favourite is the passion fruit with Venezuelan dark chocolate.

Their pastries are fresh and completely melt in your mouth. The cakes are just to die for. My favourite was the flourless chocolate cake.

Coffee is good and the people are great! I can't wait for them to open more shops around London in nice and quiet romantic places.

• Visited October 2012