“Best Indian Meal in Chingford”

E-Four Indian Fusion
Ranked #1,779 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, England, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Meal in Chingford”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Had a great meal with all my family including small children. The children were made very welcome. The service was Also good. A great family friendly restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Clare R

“Best indian”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Best Indian I have had, staff attentive and helpful, but of a wait for food but understandable considering the quality of the food. Nice atmosphere too

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Krccx
Waltham Abbey
“The best curry in London by far”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

As a brummie I have struggled to find a decent curryhouse in London but this one is the best by far. Food is fresh and tasty. Service is warm and welcoming. We are regulars even though we moved out the area 8 yrs ago!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Amanda25904
London, United Kingdom
“34th best restaurant in London??!!! Absurd.”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Tripadvisor needs to recalibrate their method of listing.

Bored on a Tuesday and reading the rave reviews, I thought I'd drive out to E4 to see what all the fuss is about (it's bizzare it's still London postal this far out). 2 other sole diners in when I arrived, one of whom seem to be having a choking attack. I've heard some inappropriate music in Indian restaurants over the years, but the American country CD (and faulty - it stopped and hiccuped every 20 seconds - unbelievably irritating) made for a surreal atmosphere.

Prawn puree was fairly sad. Obviously microwaved, the puree was dank and flabby and the small prawns very tough and chewy. Did have a chilli kick though. "Green Lamb" was OK - decently hot as ordered, the meat reasonably tender and well trimmed, but nothing to excite. Bhindi was not soggily overcooked, but didn't taste particularly fresh. A disconcertingly cloudy pint of Cobra accompanied. The bill was £23, so certainly cheap.

I've had far worse, but it was nothing more than an average local curry house and certainly worthy neither of the adulation on here, nor a trek out to try. It would be fine to walk to from the pub if one lived nearby but nothing more.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank trevgti
Mariam H, Owner at E-Four Indian Fusion, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our restaurant. I am terribly sorry that after reading the raved reviews, you have felt that it was not worth making a trip down to E-Four.

I would like to apologize for a less than comfortable atmosphere provided to you by the music. However, I can assure you that the prawn puree you did not enjoy was not microwaved, it was freshly cooked like all our dishes at E-Four.

Once again I do apologize that your experience was not as enjoyable as you expected. If you are ever in the area again I hope you choose to visit us again.
Doncaster
“Excellent in every respect.”
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meal this evening. The menu was varied with old favorites and some we hadn't seen before.
We were made very welcome. Service was good without being obtrusive.
Highly recommended.