“All great!”

Ranked #66 of 1,069 Hotels in London
midlands uk
“All great!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel is pricey but worth it. Located on The Strand, a 5 minute walk from Covent Garden & lots of London's prime theatres it has first rate staff & excellent rooms & restaurants.
Check in is one floor up but the concierge is located on the ground floor & they easily directed us to reception. There was a short wait to check in but the lady was professional & helpful. We were told our room wasn't ready (it was 11-30am, check in was from 3) but said she would call if it was ready sooner. We left our bags at the hotel & went off to explore London. We weren't called but when we got back just after 3 the room was ready. And what a room, lots of nice touches like mood lighting, a great view over the Strand, glass & high gloss wood mixed with faux leather panelled walls & a high tec' sound system plus in the bathroom high end toiletries & a large rain shower. The frosted glass door over the W.C. wouldn't be to everyones taste but it was still private.
We had drinks early evening & again later on in the night on the rooftop bar which was great although the wait to get served was a little too long if I was to be picky, the drinks were a little on the pricy side but what a view. It obviously draws in a mostly young & attractive crowd who all seemed to be having a good time too.
We also eat at the in house STK restaurant which was a good experience (reviewed separately)
Overall a great experience, can't really fault it. If you like modern & trendy, this is the place for you. If you like a more traditional hotel, maybe the Savoy would be another option.

Room Tip: We had one at the front & only on the second floor but it was still really quiet due to the exce...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
WOW!
Thank you very very much for sharing your experience with the world. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at ME London and I hope to see you back very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in!

took my husband for his birthday, kept it a surprise! got a great deal through Agoda, spoke to the hotels Aura team, to tailor my stay, spoke to a lovely lady called Marcella, who was amazing! very professional and friendly, she went out her to way to ensure all my needs were met, she talked me through all the options, arranged my booking for the rooftop bar, had roses, champagne, chocolates and a lovely mirror message in place in the room for our arrival. she went above and beyond customer service, definite asset to the hotel! I highly recommend her! her co-host Emma was equally helpful, she even gave us a free upgrade to a room with a better view!

the radio rooftop bar is something else! vibrant, brilliant views, great food and music and a fantastic selection of drinks! I had reserved a table for two, the minimum spend is a little steep but worth the experience. our waiter was Stefan, who also was extremely friendly and helpful! lovely guy..again another asset to the hotel!

all in all, I was very happy with this hotel, the staff made it all that much better! the complimentary champagne at check in was also a plus point! will definitely be going back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear M_Adam105 ,

Thank you so much for such an amazing review. I feel very proud to know that the Aura team made all your requests become true. And that your surprise birthday celebration has become such a great and fab memory! This little things are what make the difference. I will pass this feedback to Marce and Emma they will be delighted to hear all about your experience.

What to say about Tapas Con Vistas at Radio Bar.. it is something else.. as you tasted, fantastic food and better cocktails with the stunning views of the Thames. Stefan, as always a delight!
Thank you so much for allowing us to take your experience beyond just mere accommodation.

See you soon!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night for work. The design is certainly striking, and it is very much a trendy hotel, not your standard business hotel. We were greeted before reaching the door by a man offering to take our bags. Having declined (mine was on wheels anyway) we then encountered a man immediately inside the door, again offering to take bags. Having again declined, he directed us to the lifts and informed us that reception was on the first floor. While waiting for the lift he engaged us in conversation. I personally detest this kind of over-familiar service, but unfortunately it seemed to be the template for all the staff.

I understand that the lifts are room card controlled for security reasons, but it therefore seems bizarre to put reception on the first floor where new guests can't get to it without the doorman waiting with you.

At check-in my boss was asked for his passport. He didn't have it (why would he?) and the lady looked confused and asked for other ID. It then finally occurred to her that perhaps he wasn't from abroad, and there was no ID requirement. She then went throught the whole process again with me. It would be helpful if the check-in process included a quick question on where you were travelling from.

The corridors are very dark (I think it is supposed to contribute to the ambience) and makes finding your room more of a challenge than it should be.
The room was nice, and clean, but suffered from the usual hotel room problem of impossible to operate air-conditioning controls.

We ate in the Cucina Asellina. Our waiter introduced himself (more of the over-familiar service), but we then had at least three other members of staff (fine in itself, but why introduce only the first one?). Service over dinner was always either too fast (clearing of plates after the main course) or too slow (we eventually had to accost a waitress for the dessert menu).

At breakfast I requested tea, and was very surprised to be brought a cup of hot (not boiling) water and a tea bag, and no milk. When I asked for milk the waitress gave me a politely bemused look and returned with hot milk. I don't think it is too much to ask that a five star hotel in London can produce a properly made cup of tea (in the English style).

If you are a fan of style over substance, and don't mind staff who act as if they are your best friend, then this is a well located and comfortable hotel, but if not, be warned.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank flipperty_10
Dear Mr Flipperty,

I really do appreciate your comments on your last experience in ME London. For us it's really important to get feedback from our guests.

I am glad you liked the Hotel design, I do love it as well.

I am very sorry you did not feel identified with our service. Our aim is to provide a personalised experience to our guests as we are an alternative Hotel that caters to many lifestyles. However, I will follow up what happened to see if in your case it was a bit too excesive.

Thank you very much again and take care.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A friend of mine booked this hotel last minute on a Friday afternoon to put a roof over our head on Friday evening after we had an evening out arranged.

This certainly was something different! Black marble everywhere.

Very modern interior and rooms. Even touch screen controls for the lighting and aircon etc.
Balcony to our 9th floor room was excellent with views of the Novello theatre and straight down Catherine Street). Even though we were one floor beneath their sky bar (which we did pop up to for a drink and was VERY busy) we did not hear any noise from it.

One drawback would be their Valet park service. We drove around the hotel on Strand and Aldwych a number of times before finding what we thought must be the parking, only to be greeted on the intercom by a very rude man. Once we finally managed to find somewhere to stop we managed to go inside and find someone to park the vehicle for us. Not impressed.

Overall though good stay. Albeit brief

Room Tip: Opt for a room with a balcony. I think these are on the 8th and 9th floor and afford excellent views...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Robert J
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Robert J,

Thank you for such a beautiful review! It is fantastic that your friend decided to book you at the ME London, sounds like an amazing but unexpected experience.

We are very proud of the design of Sir Norman Foster, amazing marble decoration all through the hotel gives a special touch..

I am very happy to hear that all the work improvements for noise isolation that we have been carrying out in the top floors were successful . Our guests can enjoy the amazing views of the 9th floor without disturbance.

It is a pity you were not informed about our valet parking services prior to arrival. We could park your car if you would just leave it in the front of the hotel with my colleagues from the concierge team.

Please let the Aura department take care of your reservation next time you come back, we will make sure your experience goes beyond mere accommodation.
Thank you again for your review!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Planning and executing an engagement is supposed to be a stressful time, I am delighted to say however, that the entire team at ME London, made it not only so easy and stress free but an absolute pleasure.

From start to finish everysingle member of the ME team made us feel so special and they emitted genuine warmth

. Prior to the engagement when I was nervouslly traipsing the lobby, James the doorman and the rest of the lobby team (Ronan, Claudio, Armin and Cosmin) put me at ease and made me feel that they genuinely cared about the outcome of the propsal. After realising that I forgot to pack a shirt for the evening, James even offered to give me one of his shirts! After kindly refusing this offer he even offered to purchase me a shirt on my behalf. Outstanding customer service, that personal touch was much appreciated and reflected by all of the staff members.

The Aura team managed to decorate and personalise our suite ensuring the room looked amazing, which my Fiance absolutely loved. After all that effort my fiance could'nt help but say Yes!

I can't impress on how great the service was before and after, the hotel and the staff made it truly an unforgettable experience, My only regret was not writing this review sooner! Highly, highly recommend a stay in this hotel, no matter what the occasion the friendly staff will make you feel like royalty.

Many Thanks

Chris M

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chic suite, which has a large living room, bedroom and double bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Chris M,
It makes the ME London team so happy and proud to read such a fantastic review. We are delighted that your fiancé could not help but say YES!

We are here to make sure we deliver the best of the services, as you could see nothing is too much trouble for the Concierge or Aura teams.

ME is all about You and we want to bring you fully into the moment making sure that every part of ME connects with every part of you by personalising your stay. I am delighted to read that we managed to enhance your experience and created an everlasting memory.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon, maybe your wedding night?

Congratulations again!
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights and going to make it my regular hotel in London from now on - perfect location, Covent Garden, Beautiful design, room specious and very clean, wifi free and worked well and service was very good. Simply an excellent hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Alonlif
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
WOW! Thank you very much for such a positive review! I am very happy that you liked ME London so much and I hope to see you back very soon so that we can provide you again with an exciting experience :)
Derby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Trendy, great design and great position.
Staff at the entrance were friendly and helpful, the reception check in is on the 1st floor in the centre pyramid. A glass of fizz and escorted to a great room. Lots of space, and lots of black marble. The room was really well appointed with a great view, shower and toiletries were great too. We didn't eat at the hotel but did go to the trendy bar on the top floor. The bar was busy full of young people on a Friday evening out. The bar on the ground floor was great too, great wine list and service. Overall a great hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room so go a room quiet high up.
1 Thank Sarah1810
Dear Sarah,

WOW! Thank you very much for your review. We do really appreciate your opinion and I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your experience at ME London. Next time, I would also recommend you to try the food in any of our 2 Restaurants, you will love it!

THANK YOU again and I really hope to see you very soon :)

Take care!