“Understated, modern luxury”
Review of ME London

ME London
Ranked #76 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The ME London is stylish and modernistic in an understated way. Just off the Strand and close to Covent Garden and a 5 minute walk to Piccadilly Circus. The design goes from being spectacular with the cone shaped dome of the lobby (on the 1st floor) to stylish, spacious rooms with mood lightning. Service from all staff was impeccable, from check in to concierge service. The roof top bar is great during warmer days and the ambiance overall is on of understated, modern luxury.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SteingrimurS
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Hi Mr SteingrimurS,

Thank you for such a great review. You are quite right, we like to modernise luxury. We were so happy that you enjoyed the hotel, and that you had the chance to experience our Roof top bar and the beautiful sights it has to offer. When you return, be sure to catch our 8 minute light show on the walls of the lobby so as to relax and enjoy a chilled glass of Prosecco.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,860)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

In the heart of the action in London's theater district. Very busy area but the hotel is like an oasis. Incredible design and loaded with high tech features. We had a lovely balcony, small but useful. Can't beat the location if you want all the theater and Covent Gardens activity.
Clean, lovely beds and sheets. This hotel is new, new, new!

Room Tip: The ninth floor can be a bit noisy, the radio lounge bar is above.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Brigsky ,

thank you very much for your super review .

We are delighted to read how amazing was your stay with us and that you loved both design and location.

We are looking forward to your next stay!

all the best,

Aura team

Reviewed 11 August 2014

It looks great but unfortunately that's where the positives ended! We stayed only 1 night but were left feeling very disappointed. We had requested an early check-in but were informed that the room would not be ready until 3 PM. The cynic in me would say that this was a canny ploy to make us spend money in the exorbitantly priced roof bar while we waited!

Eventually we were allowed into our room at exactly 3 PM. The hotel was obviously very busy but I never got the impression that the staff made any effort to accommodate us any sooner. The room did look great and the view was fantastic. However the blue-tooth connection with the media system did not work and then that evening the bathroom sink developed a leak. A maintenance man was quick to arrive and address this issue but is was hardly conducive to a romantic night!

The next morning we did enjoy a fantastic breakfast on the balcony. However on departure we were informed that there was a supplement payable for breakfast- this was despite our booking with Secret Escapes clearly stating that a 'balcony breakfast' was included. We discussed our disappointing stay with the reception staff and were informed that a member of management would be contacting us. Two weeks later we are still waiting for this to occur! Overall very disappointing and very poor in comparison to other hotels in London!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lazyjay101
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear lazyjay101,

Thank you very much for having chosen our ME London for your last saty in the City.

I do appreciate your positive and negative feedback, as we take our guests comments very seriously.

Regarding the early check in, we always do our very best to provide our guests with their room as soon as possible. However, we guarantee the check in at 3pm, as Housekeeping needs time to clean the rooms.

I would like to apologise for the leak in your room, as I understand that this caused a big inconvenience... I am glad the engineer had a quick response and could sort it out shortly.

I am happy to read that you had such a lovely breakfast in the balcony. However, as you mentioned, you shouldn't have been charged for any supplement, as it was included in your reservation.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us so we can sort this pending issue out. If you could send us an email to: melondon.aura@melia.com, we will be delighted to help you with anything.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes from ME London.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We booked this hotel through secret hotels and were delighted with what we got for the price. We were given a Passion Suite which was very luxurious and spacious. So good in fact that we abandoned plans to shop on arrival and just chilled in the suite before our trip to the ballet. Fantastic state of the art technology in the suite and huge flat screen TV's in the lounge and bedroom. Surround sound, various lighting options, a Nespresso coffee machine, fabulous mini bar, everything you could possibly need. There was a bottle of chilled champagne waiting for us in the suite and we were given a glass of Prosecco at check in. The staff were friendly and unobtrusive and I have a feeling we could have asked for anything and it would have been done. We had a late lunch in room which arrived promptly and was hot. We asked for decaffinated pods for the coffee machine at check in and they arrived in minutes. We were unable to get a seat outside in the roof top bar early afternoon but did manage to get a bar stool each and a table when we returned from the ballet and the view is lovely at night with all the lights across the City. The bed was enormous and without doubt the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. The Hotel has a very cool vibe which we really enjoyed. If I was being (very) picky, I would have liked to get our suite a little cooler but it was a very hot 2 days and I guess everyone in every room was cranking up the air con to maximum, which probably didn't help. It certainly was not unbearable, we did have air con! I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It is so central to everything, a short 5 minute walk into the centre of Covent Garden and Theatre land and just a £10 taxi drive from St Pancras. I am always being asked to recommend hotels in London for clients and will definitely recommend this one.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear traveller9147,
Thank you for such an amazing review! It was our pleasure to have you here with us and to hear that you enjoyed our Passion suite, it is lovely right?
Next time, don't hesitate to test us and ask for anything you might think of, everyone here will be more than happy to assist you.
We hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I booked this hotel via HotWire, and got the room for around half the normal price that it would have been. I arrived at the hotel about 4pm. The room was ready by the time I arrived, and they took my bag up to my room for me. Whilst I was checking in, the very polite receptionist offered me a glass of Prosecco, which I enjoyed in the stunning Lobby. In fact, every inch of the hotel is a masterpiece of modern hotel design. The Lobby is as tall as the hotel itself, and is enclosed in the middle of the hotel. It is shaped like a cone, with a window at the top, which lets in a huge amount of natural light.

After the smooth checking-in process, I was shown to my room. It was a twin (as I had specified), and was stunning. Although small, the hotel designers have made the room feel bigger than it actually is, by using built in wardrobe space, sliding bathroom doors, white leather walls etc. The centrepiece of the room has got to be the black 'slab' which is the size of on of the walls, and sticks out from the wall. It is backlit with a bright LED mood-light, which can be changed to 1001 different colours at the touch of a button, via the control panel by the bed.

This control panel has controls for almost every light in the room, which are also dimmable, including the bathroom lights and the Mood-light I mentioned. It also controls the very efficient air-conditioning system. It is very simple and easy to use, and even has pre-set functions, with a 'sexy' mode!!! (the LED mood-light goes pink, and all the lights dim...)

The bathroom has two sinks, a separate toilet, and separate 'raindance' shower. The beds were extremely comfy, and I had no trouble getting to sleep, despite being in the centre of the strand (nightclubs, traffic, west-end shows); The sound-proofing is excellent. The location is also very good. It's close to many west-end shows, and is about a 10-15 minute cab/tube ride to Mayfair.

Whilst I was at the hotel, I took use of the roof-top bar, which was great. They were turning away people without reservations and I could have unlimited use, because I am a hotel guest. Also, the one of the perks of staying here is that you don't have to have a minimum spend added to your bill if you do decide to use the roof-top bar, like what happens when you have a reservation.

I also used the gym whilst I was there, which is small, but modern, with modern equipment. It was also very quiet (not many people seemed to be using it). The changing rooms in the gym were closed for 'renovation', but this wasn't too much of an issue.

I left my Apple iPhone charger plugged into the wall socket (easy to miss, because the walls are white, and so is the wall socket, and the charger!), but I emailed the hotel, and they sent it on for me, next-day delivery, for free, which was great!

All in all, a stunning, perfect, and very modern hotel. Maybe too modern for some people's taste's, but very good for me. Lovely designed rooms too. Would definitely recommend, and will probably be staying here in the future. Great customer service, too.

Room Tip: Higher Floor= Better View Upgrade to a room with a Bath in, if you can spare the extra.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear MaxHemingway,

Thank you for such a glowing report! We were very happy to hear such great compliments on our rooms. Norman Foster and Partners put a great deal of planning into ensuring our guests manage to get a great nights sleep, be it from the trip glazed windows, to the comfy beds.

We understand that after a long day of bussiness we all need a little rest and relaxation. The team here look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Wanted air conditioned comfortable London Hotel found luxury service and comfort at Me.The wow factor of this hotel takes some beating foyer,check in lounge with 10 storey ceiling the fabulous Radio roof bar all great. The room although a bit tight was good by London standards and the outside balcony was an added attraction. Only draw back was the shower great bathroom but no water pressure in shower and incredibly complex tap system to control he water temperature didn't have a decent warm shower in 8 days. Everything else fantastic and great aircon.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Tim J,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with the world.

We take our guests' feedback very seriously and so we really appreciate your comments.

I am glad you had a great experience with us at ME London and I hope to see you very soon :)

Best Wishes from the whole Team

Reviewed 10 August 2014

From start to finish, the staff where amazing, the hotel reception was suburb and the roof top terrace was beautiful cannot wait to go back, best hotel in London and we will be staying at there chains.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Si N

Dear Si N,

WOOOOOW! That was a short but very clear message... I am glad you loved our ME London Hotel!

The excellence in service is our priority and it is very rewarding when we know we got it.

I can't wait to see you back at ME London and do not hesitate to contact the AURA Department if you'd wish to personalise your next experience :)

Best wishes from ME London.