“Excellent”

Ranked #813 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Location was perfect, within Easy travelling distance of all London's main Attractions, definitely worth it for what we paid. The staff were always happy to help and we definitely plan on going back later in the year!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear guest,
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you wrote a review. We appreciate it.
Wishing you a very nice day and looking forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

Abbeycourt &Westpoint Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel is ideally suited for exploring London. The rooms and facilities are basic but for the price we paid, it met expectations. The breakfast was reasonable for what we paid. However, the biggest flaw for this hotel is their staff who are completely unhelpful and exceptionally rude. The receptionists and the restaurant staff treated us like we were a complete nuisance to them and we did not ask for anything extra. Overall a decent hotel, cheap and good location but don't expect service with a smile.

• Stayed April 2014
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are proud of our customer service. If you were unhappy with any aspect of your stay we would have preferred it if you had taken the time to speak to our Manager.
We appreciate your opinion and we are always trying to provide best service we can.
Hope to welcome you in our Hotel again.

Best regards,
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Since my first review last August, I have stayed at the Westpoint twice on business visits to London, and will stay there twice again in May. Other reviews on booking problems have been noted.
My overall impression, and rating, of the hotel hasn't changed since August, but I have warmed to it more. The location next to Paddington is perfect. Staff are friendly and helpful for what I need. For the amount of time I spend in the room, it was comfortable and clean enough though cramped. On balance not bad for £75 - bed only. Anymore, then I would consider other options.
During my last visit I asked whether the hotel could store some chilled food items for me which I intended to take home the next day as a gift. I was told, which might be H&S legislation, that the hotel couldn't do it. Fortunately the baggage room was cool enough.
Not bad value for money for Central London.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear guest,

We appreciate your review and are happy to having you back repeatedly. Feel free to book our apartments with us as they are fully kitchenette equipped, thank you for your feedback
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed here a few days ago, I booked my hotel one month in advance and when I got there they were overbooked... so they decide to sent me to another hotel around the area. This was my first experience with Westpoint Hotel and for sure the last. Overbooked? This means they not controlling at all the reservations and money is the only thing they have in mind. I must say, the staff was great. Thanks to the portuguese lady and other guy (I think portuguese as well. with glasses) I was capable to understand what went wrong with my booking and the lady took me to the hotel nearby. I appreciate the staff, but I would love to speak with the manager if he was available for guests. In fact never saw him...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a comment. During that period due to a system error with the booking agency we work with we were unfortunately overbooked and we worked very hard to ensure we honoured bookings they had made on our behalf. On these rare occasions we always make sure to reallocate our guests to the same standard Hotels in the area. We are very proud of our receptionists as they are always here to help out in any type of situations. Our manager is always available for guests and we strangle encourage guests to provide feedback to us directly.

Wishing you a nice day
Westpoint Hotel

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I tried to book this hotel, I got an e-mail back saying the card details needed updating. I did this and 3 days later booking.com sent a cancellation email so I had no booking. Checked the bank statement the following week and the hotel took the money out without me knowing. Then all the fun started..... NO ONE at the hotel wanted to help, I had to make all the calls. One person said I needed the general manager and he would be in the next day, I rang the next day to be told he was on holiday for a week. I asked if they would get him to call me and the response was NO!!! After 3 and a half weeks and alot of my time and money I finally got my money back. I have a man called pedro to thank for that. The rest of the staff were rude and customer service did not exsist.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ptclose
Dear Guest,

We do apologise for this inconvenience. The terms and conditions of bookings on booking.com require guests to pay when they pay –and you had agreed to do when making the booking.
The hotel has just gone through a system upgrade and we have had a few glitches in the system. Your booking was not sent through by booking.com and this meant we could not process your reservation. Booking.com then cancelled your booking. We were investigating this situation together with booking.com and when we had everything sorted out we refunded the amount straight away, please note that refunds normally take five days to process. All our staff are trained to deal with guests queries at times when the Manager is not available.

Kind regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Not a huge amount of positive I can say about this hotel other than its location and it was clean.

However, I wanted to highlight the rude, arrogant and downright abhorrent lady on reception - possibly Spanish(?), with dark hair cut just above the shoulder.

She has no comprehension of customer service and will certainly be the only reason I would not stay here again.

If she were working in my hotel, she'd be fired on the spot!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking notes about the cleanness as we have been rewarded for the Hotel to being spotless.

Our staff is demanded 24/7 changing shifts and we are dealing with 300 people per day. All our staff are trained to provide good customer service at any time.
This issue was an error with our booking system, due to a fault with one of our booking channel partners and the room was not prepared for an additional guest in the room. The receptionist in question came upstairs and made the bed for you and helped to prepare the room to your needs. We are very sorry if you felt unappreciated by any of our staff and would like to make it up for you at any time. At the time of check out our staff asked you about your stay and you were stated you were happy with your visit, if you had expressed complaints at the time we could have addressed your concerns.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Cheap hotel in central london. Good only if you need to stay the night.
Really tiny rooms.
Heating wasn't on so we were made to carry an extra heater. Although that worked out fine.
Really basic room with a bed and TV and bathroom.
Cleaning was average.
Reception a little rude when we first arrived but helpful if we needed anything.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking time to write a review.
The Hotel is located in Central London near Hyde Park, perfect location for sightseeing and attractions. We are a three star hotel with facilities to suit our guests a number of whom come back again due to our great location, service and facilities.
This time of year weather varies from hot to cold and we do our best accommodate fluctuations but we we are well equipped with extra heaters and blankets for guests best comfort.

Regards,