“Terrible Hotel”
Review of Westpoint Hotel

Ranked #833 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at the Westpoint Hotel because, the location was good. We were a party of 6, 4 adults & 2 kids, 2 rooms of 3. We were complaining to our friends about how small our room was & they complained to us too that their room was small so, we didn't think anything of it. The morning of check out our friends came to our room & saw Exactly how SMALL the room was, we then went to their room. Their room was a suite compared to our room.
We were unable to stand next to each other in our room. The only way we could stand in our room with the luggage open was to put the luggage on the bed. The bathroom was the SMALLEST I've ever seen. The sink was up to the level of a 3 year old. You couldn't move in the shower.
When we checked in the registration said 1 adult. The lady at the reception told me that, that's just the registration form & it doesn't mean anything. Well, I believe & so does the other family with us that the room is really a SINGLE room that they made into a TRIPLE.
We complained at the reception on check out & she asked if we had breakfast. We told her yes & she said the only thing she could have done was give us breakfast. Well, how about taking the amount of what breakfast would cost & remove it from our bill.
They are NOT helpful. Our friends asked if they could do something & they said they aren't allowed to do what they were asking for. Customer Service is horrible along with the rooms.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a good room in this hotel. Our friends room was pretty small too.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurie H
There are newer reviews for Westpoint Hotel

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We have visited this hotel 4 times over the years. The rooms are small but the location perfect and the price was affordable "before". Not anymore. Something went wrong this time. We reserved a room a long time ago but when we arrived we were advised a room "down under" not what we had expected. We heard the hotel was heavily booked!!!!!
Next morning at breakfast the lady of the staff dismissed us and wouldn't believe that we had payed. This happened twice and we had to show proof of the payment. At the same time she was not at all service minded. Seemed angry and not friendly at all. People were waiting a long time to be served and the room was too small consider the amount of people having breakfast.
We will definitely not choose this hotel next time we visit London but check this site first and then decide.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Annette N
Reviewed 6 May 2014

very clean room; excellent location, 100m from paddington train and tube station, 10min metro ride to oxford street. Nice restaurants and bars in the area.
poor breakfast, they didn't even have toast or ham/meat, just boiled eggs and sausages, cereals and croissants. shower and sink in the bathroom were tiny, couldn't even wash your face properly, no space for toiletries, but it was ok for 1 night stay

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Location was perfect, within Easy travelling distance of all London's main Attractions, definitely worth it for what we paid. The staff were always happy to help and we definitely plan on going back later in the year!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear guest,
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you wrote a review. We appreciate it.
Wishing you a very nice day and looking forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

Abbeycourt &Westpoint Hotel

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel is ideally suited for exploring London. The rooms and facilities are basic but for the price we paid, it met expectations. The breakfast was reasonable for what we paid. However, the biggest flaw for this hotel is their staff who are completely unhelpful and exceptionally rude. The receptionists and the restaurant staff treated us like we were a complete nuisance to them and we did not ask for anything extra. Overall a decent hotel, cheap and good location but don't expect service with a smile.

• Stayed: April 2014
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are proud of our customer service. If you were unhappy with any aspect of your stay we would have preferred it if you had taken the time to speak to our Manager.
We appreciate your opinion and we are always trying to provide best service we can.
Hope to welcome you in our Hotel again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Since my first review last August, I have stayed at the Westpoint twice on business visits to London, and will stay there twice again in May. Other reviews on booking problems have been noted.
My overall impression, and rating, of the hotel hasn't changed since August, but I have warmed to it more. The location next to Paddington is perfect. Staff are friendly and helpful for what I need. For the amount of time I spend in the room, it was comfortable and clean enough though cramped. On balance not bad for £75 - bed only. Anymore, then I would consider other options.
During my last visit I asked whether the hotel could store some chilled food items for me which I intended to take home the next day as a gift. I was told, which might be H&S legislation, that the hotel couldn't do it. Fortunately the baggage room was cool enough.
Not bad value for money for Central London.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear guest,

We appreciate your review and are happy to having you back repeatedly. Feel free to book our apartments with us as they are fully kitchenette equipped, thank you for your feedback

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed here a few days ago, I booked my hotel one month in advance and when I got there they were overbooked... so they decide to sent me to another hotel around the area. This was my first experience with Westpoint Hotel and for sure the last. Overbooked? This means they not controlling at all the reservations and money is the only thing they have in mind. I must say, the staff was great. Thanks to the portuguese lady and other guy (I think portuguese as well. with glasses) I was capable to understand what went wrong with my booking and the lady took me to the hotel nearby. I appreciate the staff, but I would love to speak with the manager if he was available for guests. In fact never saw him...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a comment. During that period due to a system error with the booking agency we work with we were unfortunately overbooked and we worked very hard to ensure we honoured bookings they had made on our behalf. On these rare occasions we always make sure to reallocate our guests to the same standard Hotels in the area. We are very proud of our receptionists as they are always here to help out in any type of situations. Our manager is always available for guests and we strangle encourage guests to provide feedback to us directly.

Wishing you a nice day