“Amazing!”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Having been a fan of Matilda when I was a child, I had to see the musical! I went with my mum and we were not disappointed. The show itself was fantastic, very professional, and the girl playing Matilda was a brilliant young actress. The songs are catchy and enjoyable, not cheesy like in other musicals. The story is slightly different but this made it all the more exciting. The theatre was quite hot but not too bad once you got used to it and there were slush puppies and ice creams sold at the interval which seemed quite popular. Overall I would highly recommend a visit, you won't regret it!

• Greek first
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Amazing Show”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

we went to see Matilda for my daughters 7th Birthday present and dragged along her unwilling 11 year brother and we all left saying how excellent it was, the second half as ever was better than the first and the children were outstanding. after seeing the movie over 50 times we are all word perfect and was wondering how it would translate to the stage. we didn't need to worry as it was remarkable. we did go on the hotest day of the year and even though it was warm it certainly wasn't unbearable however we were in the stalls so that may make a difference. In response to the comment about the water and jugs I think it was nice that was free as normally you have to pay for bottles of water at a highly inflated cost.

1 Thank 100HRN100
durham, UK
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Disappointing Staff”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Well we saved up all year to visit London to see Matilda and was so disappointed by how hot it was inside the theatre - unbearable actually which meant watching the show was so difficult. People even got up and left at 1/2 time.

Further to this, the downstairs bar had 3 jugs of water on the bar and plastic cups - anyway by the time I went to the toilet there was no water left. I kindly asked one of the bar attendants if he could re fill one for me and to my absolute shock - his response whilst he walked away was "not my priority" I was so annoyed considering how hot and unbearable it was in the stalls area and considering the amount everyone pays for tickets.

Anyway someone came to the top of the stairs to call 3 minutes to show can people return to their seats so I told her.

Anyway I will be writing to the Cambridge Theatre but just take a fan and water to stay hydrated!!

Don't ask staff for a service that they provide (let's face it I would never have asked for water if it wasn't on the bar available) as you'll get an abrupt response!

1 Thank kitzi_kat
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Loved it, funny clever well written & performed”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Main purpose of visit to London was to see this show and it didn't disappoint. Funny and well written everyone loved it. Only issue was theatre was incredibly hot& uncomfortable, I know many of them are in summer but it really does take the edge off the show when you feel like passing out.
Despite that we really enjoyed it, the girl playing Matilda was brilliant & so was trunchbowl

London, England
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 229 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is an unmissable theatre experience. The music is great and the acting inspired. A must-go musical for people of all ages and tastes

Visited August 2013