“Brilliant Show”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Brilliant Show”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We went watching Matilda on July 18th which was the hottest day of the year! They were well prepared with slushes of sale on entrance. The theatre was quite warm but bearable.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy the show as I have never read the book or seen the film but I really enjoyed it! The acting was brilliant, especially from the children. The songs are written by Tim Minchin so they were quite catchy and feel good. I think the 2nd half of the show was more entertaining than the 1st. It was all enjoyable though and I would recommend it. It is obviously primarily for children so there were a lot of children there but we went as 3 adults and all loved it!

Our seats were high in the upper circle but we didn't feel too far away and I also had plenty of leg room which is important with me being quite tall.

There are plenty restaurants around for a pre-theatre meal. We ate in a Mexican which I would highly recommend called Cantina Laredo which is about 2 minutes' walk away.

2 Thank Andy L

• Turkish first
San Francisco
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun for the Whole Family”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This show is great! My girls ( 9 & 13) have read the book by R. Dahl and seen the movie, but even if you haven't the songs are fun, the stage decor is great, and the performers of all ages are impressive. We had fairly high seats, but you can see everything and didn't need binoculars. I would recommend this for everyone who likes musicals.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Perfect end of the term treat”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Perfect treat for four little girls plus we loved it too :) my girls were fascinated by the show , they knew the story well but it is fun watching kids acting so well, great singing and fun afternoon out

Perth, Australia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 249 helpful votes
“Entertaining but avoid the bar at interval”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The show was well presented, the kids and adult performers all put a lot of effort into it and put on an entertaining show. The songs aren’t great and it was a little boring at times but it would be difficult to do it any better.

The theatre was uncomfortably warm and we headed for the bar at the 15 minute interval. Here we were charged 14 pounds and 60 pence for 2 plastic cups filled to less than half with white wine (an average Sauvignon Blanc). Theatre prices are always a little on the high side but there is no excuse for this – just an absolute rip-off.

During the past week we have also seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which was fantastic and The Book of Mormon, which is the best and funniest musical we have ever had the pleasure to see.

Even the tickets are significantly more expensive for Matilda so consider this if you are making a choice between these.

2 Thank AussieWestCoasters
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Magical. Awesome. Incredble!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I took my wife here for her birthday. I paid a little extra to have a personal concierge take us to our seats and we had a private area to have some lovely fizz and nibbles.

Even if we had done the normal and just gone straight to our seats, this is possibly the best show I've seen in a long long time.

It is an utterly spectacular musical. The child actors are incredible. The lead Matilda was amazing!!! Not only because of her age, but she was simply outstanding. I can't think of enough superlatives to describe how good this was and to tell you just how much you ought to go and see this.

It was fun, brilliant, fantastic, amazing. Go now - buy the tickets - have an amazing evening.

Visited August 2013